-15-

Echoes of the Past ✔

 

 

The sun was on its way to set. Slowly, the blue sky had turned red-orange. Naeun was getting ready to end her tiring day at the clinic. She could already imagine the feeling when she was on her soft bed in her pajamas.

Saying her goodbye to the night-shift staff, she made her way out of the clinic. Once she stepped out from the building, she stretched her stiff body. Breathing in the air, she heaved out loudly. A chuckled had made her quickly turned to her left and her eyes widen in surprised.

“Myungsoo!” she exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

With a smile plastered on his face, he came closer to her. “To see you, obviously,”

“Why? I mean, we already see each other last Sunday,”

“Yeah, which by the way was three days ago,”

Lifting her questionable brows, she said “Then…?”

“Then…” he leaned forward to her “I miss you,” he breathed to her face.

He didn’t know where he got the courage to do that but maybe because she had already remembered everything which would not be awkward to do so.

Her cheeks had reddened as his hot breath was tickling her face. He just that close to hers that she was afraid if she moved, their lips would touch.

“Don’t you?” he spoke again, making her cheeks turned ten times redder. Her eyes were everywhere except to him.

Myungsoo loved seeing her cheeks turned into a tomato. It looked adorable on her.

“Ehem,” a voice interrupted them.

Flustered, Naeun tried to back away from him but being a clumsy her; she tripped on her own foot. She waited for the impact to happen but it never came as an arm had already wrapped around her waist. Her hands unconsciously landed on his shoulders, gripping for support.

For a moment, both of them were in their own world, getting lost in each other eyes.

“Seriously, you two,” the voice interrupted again. This time, calmly Naeun back away from him and thankfully, nothing happened.

Turning around with her scarlet face, she came facing with an amused looking Chorong. She had her arms cross over her chest.

“Not that I want to ruin your moment but it better if you both done it not in front of the clinic,” she remarked.

“God, Chorong – I – it was – ” Naeun had been stumbling on her words that she ended to shut up and take a calming breath.

“It’s his fault,” she lowly murmured. Chorong grinned cheekily as she could read her lips. Behind her, Myungsoo had plastered an amused smirk on his lips, obviously heard was she just said.

“Well, have fun you two,” and with that, Chorong disappeared behind the doors.

For a second, both of them were quiet.

“Well,” Myungsoo broke it, “that was fun,”

“No, it was embarrassing,” she murmured as she put a hand covering her face. Chuckling, he turned her around and put down her hand.

“Nope, it was cute – you’re cute,” he said, making the redden face became 20 times redder. God, she didn’t even know how many times she blushed in a matter of 15 minutes.

“Now,” he spoke again, grabbing her hand as he intertwined their fingers, “Let’s go for dinner,”

 

Their dinner had been going smoothly. Occasionally, they would be having small talks between their meals.

Naeun had told him that she already said to Chorong that she had regained her memories and her friend had been crying. Chorong was really grateful that she had remembered it back and was happy to know that Naeun was back with Myungsoo. Naeun said that it was thanks to Chorong that she told her about Myungsoo.

 Once dinner was finished, Myungsoo walk her back to her house.

Standing in front of the door, both of them said nothing but just stared at each other. Slowly, Myungsoo leaned closer to her until she could feel his warm breath hitting her cheeks. Unconsciously, she closed her eyes.

His pair of warm lips had come in contact with her forehead. She felt her heart rate was increasing and butterflies were partying in her stomach. After what she felt like hours, he finally let go.

Gently, he caressed her cheek as he looked deeply into her pair of hazelnut eyes. “Good night, Son Naeun,” he whispered.

She had been so lost in his pair of coffee eyes that she just nodded her head.

Then, she finally came to her sense. “Y-Yeah, good night to you too – I should go inside, bye,” she stumbled on her words as she hastily opened the door and went inside, slammed the door closed.

She leaned on the door as she slowly flopped to the ground. Her face was beetroot.

God, what the heck, Son Naeun?! You did not just slam the door in front of his face!

She brought her face into her hands as she grunted in embarrassment. Then, she touched her forehead.

It’s warm.

It’s like she could still feel his lips on her forehead. Automatically, she smiled.

She liked him. No – she loved him. Her heart long knew about it even if she didn’t remember him. Her heart never forgot about him.

A knock on the door had reeled her back to reality.

Absentmindedly, she stood up and opened it. Oddly, there was no one there. She was about to close back the door when someone – a guy had covered with a cloth. She knew it was not Myungsoo – their body size was different. This guy was a lot more bulky than him. Struggling to get out from his grip, she scratched his arm and tried to kick him on his shin but before the latter happened, darkness already consumed her. 

 

 

 

___________________

a/n:

GOD MY SIS-IN-LAW IS PREGNANT ;;;;

MY FIRST NIECE/NEPHEW WILL BE BORN ;;;;

I'LL BECOME AN AUNT ;;;;;

I'M CRYING TT-TT

luls, anywayy how's your day today? 

hope it's had been going well and have a nice day people~!