-14-

Echoes of the Past ✔

 

 

A mouth-watering smell wafted through the air, making the girl woke up from the grumbles of her stomach. Frowning, she shuffled into the kitchen and was startled to see him making breakfast.

Hearing her shuffling had come into a stop; he greeted “Good morning, Naeun,” and gave one of his charming smiles to her.

Patting her messy hair – suddenly conscious about her morning looks, she awkwardly said “Good morning,”

The smile was still plastered on his face as he saw how adorable she looked in the morning. Like a child.

“Um, I’m going to wash up,” she stumbled on her words as she dashed out from the kitchen.  Myungsoo can’t help but to chuckle seeing her dorky-ness.

 

“You shouldn’t bother to make breakfast. You’re a guest and it wouldn’t be right to trouble you,” Naeun stated once she had done washing up and was sitting at the dining table. Myungsoo was setting up the table and had insisted Naeun to just sit – which he succeeded.

“Let’s say that I was returning the favor. You had made breakfast for me before and now, it’s my turn,” he said and sat opposite of her once he was done setting the table.

Naeun looked at her plate: it was a stack of pancakes and strawberry slices with the syrup all over it. watered seeing the food.

“Can I eat it?” unconsciously, she spoke it out loud. Myungsoo chuckled.

“Of course, it is made to be eaten,”

Then, she grabbed the fork and shoved the food into . Her eyes widen in delight as she swallowed the pancake.  

“It’s good – no, it’s super delicious!” she exclaimed, her face brighten like a child getting a lollipop.

He smiled seeing her reaction. “Glad you like it,”

Both of them were silent as they continued eating. Half way to the food, Naeun broke the silence.

“Myungsoo,” she called. He looked at her, arching a brow as he chewed his food.

“I had regained my memories,” cautiously, she said as she was fiddling with her fork. Her pair of hazel eyes didn’t dare to look at him.

His chewing had come into a stop as he tried to swallow the food. “W-What,” he managed to say as he dumbfounded stared at her.

Bravely, she dared her eyes to look at the baffled Myungsoo. “I had remembered all about you – about us,”

“W-When,” he asked, still in disbelief.

Naeun knew that spilling it out when they were having a nice breakfast wasn’t a good thing. But she needed to get it out from her chest. She knew it wasn’t the right moment but – he needed to know. Taking a deep breath, she began to speak.

“To be honest, I keep having these images of me with a guy whenever I’m with you. At first, I don’t know who he was but the moment I woke up and saw you in the kitchen, the memories kind of flooded in my mind. The images I got had become clearer and that’s when I knew that those were my memories when I’m with you,” she ended, still looking at him.

For a moment, Myungsoo didn’t know what to say. His feelings was a jumbled of mess. She had remembered, her memories had returned.

“Myungsoo,” she gently spoke as she put her hand on top of his which was on the table. “I remembered our first met, our first date, our first kiss and…our first love confession,”

Tears started to swell in her eyes. With a trembling smile, she said yet again, “I remembered,”  

Then, Myungsoo suddenly stood up from his chair and jerked her forward to him, trapping her in his arms. For a second, she was startled but soon eased down as she returned the hug.

“You never know how much I wanted to do this,” he murmured in her ear. Inhaling her scent, he added “God, I miss you so much,”

Naeun can’t help it but to let the tears fell down. She felt happy, thankful that her memories had returned.

“I miss you too – so much,” she mumbled into his chest.

Slowly, he pulled back a little as he cradled her face into his hands. With a smile, she gently brushed the moist scarlet cheeks. Giving a quick peck on her nose, he murmured “Welcome back, Son Naeun,”

 

 

 

________________

a/n:

so, double updates today.

sorry if it seems rushed but i need to orz

in less than a week, i will start my life as a uni student ;;;;;

and tbh, i'm in the process of writing the last chapter :p

so, expect me to update daily from now onwards - maybe i'll update twice or triple (if i have to) a day ;w;

and yes, again, i'm rushing the story up orz

anyway, hope you guys have a lovely day~!