-16-

Echoes of the Past ✔

 

 

 

“Myungsoo!”

A frantic, panicking voice called him. Putting down the tool, he turned around – frowning seeing a black-haired girl walking briskly to him.

“Chorong? What are you –”

“Naeun – she – she’s missing!”

His heart dropped as he stared in disbelief. “W-What…”

Chorong was in front of him, trying to control her breath as she took a lungful of air and exhaled it. After her breathing rate was back to normal, she started explaining.

“Naeun didn’t come to work today. Usually, she would inform me early in the day to tell me that she wouldn’t come to the clinic. So, I thought that maybe she forgot and would do it at noon.”

“But when the evening came, there’s still no call – not even a text from her. I tried calling her hundreds of time but she didn’t pick it up. It’s really weird because she always picks it up and would always call me back.”

“So, I decided to go to her place once my relief had come. When I reached at her house, I noticed the door was unlocked. I mean, she always – always locked her door! I went inside her house and it was empty. I knew by then something was off once I found her bracelet lying in front of the door.”

She sniffed as she felt tears were threatening to fall. “God, I’m worry that something bad would happened to her,”

He felt a lump was stuck in his throat. He knew that his instinct was right – something bad would happen to Naeun. He knew that when he saw him here. Unconsciously, his hands curled into a tight fist.

Wait; did she say something about a bracelet? Myungsoo didn’t know why but he felt that this bracelet had something to do with this.

“Can I see the bracelet?” he asked.

“Sure,” she replied as she fished it out from her purse, putting it on his stretched out palm.

He went thoroughly inspecting the bracelet until he stopped at one particular charm. The charm was in the shape of a key but the tail of the key was not the usual kind. The tail was in a shape of a lotus – the lotus was surrounded by spirals and on top of the lotus was a small crown; situated between the spirals.

This symbol looked oddly familiar to him. Where did he saw it?

Then, it struck to him.

This symbol was always used by the Jungs – it’s their family’s logo.

How did he know? Heck, he had been living with a Jung for 15 years! His dead parents had been working with the Jungs!

Son Naeun had something that belonged to a Jung.

He knew from day one the real reason for her father death.

The accident was not an accident but it was on purpose.

He knew where Naeun was.

Slowly, his fingers curled around the bracelet tightly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll find her,”

No, I must find her.

 

 

 

Darkness consumed the four-walls-room. Only the rays from the moon illuminated the room. The room consisted of two airways that was a size of a rat. The door was made of metal. It had been almost a day she had been stuck in a place god-knows-where.

At least this room had a toilet so, her bladder wouldn’t burst. But she doubt that would happen.

Her stomach was empty and felt like sandpaper. She hadn’t eaten or drank anything since yesterday’s dinner.

Yesterday’s dinner…

Unnoticed, her fingers were brushing her forehead; remembering his warm lips on it.

Myungsoo…

Tears once again escaped from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks; wrapping her arms around her.

She just got her memories back and she thought that everything was going back to normal but then, this happen.

A sob escaped from .

God, please help me.

Ironically, she thought that a few nights ago as she prayed for someone to help her, Myungsoo came but right now…

Another sob escaped from her.

 

Myungsoo, help me, please.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

a/n:

sorry for not posting yesterday orz

busy preparing myself with documents and stuff for college orz

anyway, enjoy and hope you have a nice day~!