Chapter 7

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Make it stop, please. Sungyeol yelled in his mind. No, no, I don’t want this.

“Break their barrier. You know you can do it.” The evil voice told him.

No, no, I am not even supposed to be attacking my own coven… Stop it!!!!

“Silly boy, you know you can’t win over me.”

 

Sungyeol watched his body – his hand waved out, and soon the whirlpool of water and wind broke, revealing the mess it was protecting.

Myungsoo stood there glaring at him; Dongwoo was on his fighting stance ready to attack. Woohyun and Sunggyu were on the ground, wincing in pain from the impact of him breaking their barrier. Minyoung’s eyes were purple – an evidence that she was (still) trying to invade his mind. Hoya had his arm around Yunhee, who was pale, but not as pale as the bleeding Sungjong whose head was resting on her lap.

SUNGJONG! Sungyeol screamed – but his body – lips – didn’t move, Oh God, OH GOD! Sungjong, are you ok?

“My my, you are worried about him?” She laughed hysterically.“If so, let’s end his misery and kill him already.”

NO! Sungyeol tried to struggle again – a pain shot him in the head but he continued struggling. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!

 

Outside Sungyeol’s head, Myungsoo had already disappeared into the shadow. His best friend had stopped moving ever since he broke the barrier that WooGyu created, and he took it as a chance to get near him.

In a swift movement, Myungsoo emerged from Sungyeol shadow and grabbed both his arms. “YAH! Yeol! Snap out of it!!!”

His eyes were still pitch black, but Myungsoo caught the glimpse of hesitance in them. Thinking that it was working, he continued talking to the tall vampire, hoping to be able to gain his conscience back.

Myungsoo. Myungsoo. Sungyeol wanted to call, but his vocal gland didn’t obey his command. He was not in control of his body.

“Yeol!” Myungsoo called again.

Sungyeol moved, and Myungsoo was preparing himself to get thrown or some sort, but what happened next surprised him. Sungyeol shakily brought his arm to Myungsoo’s forearm, and said, “… Miahn… Myung…”

Myungsoo saw a glimpse of Sungyeol’s tears, and the next moment he was grabbed by a wild root and tore away from Sungyeol.

“Yeol!” He struggled, but again it was futile. He was tossed aside to where the rest of the coven members were.

 

“Do it.” Hoya urged Yunhee. The latter didn’t see any other choice so she swiftly took a bite on his wrist. Hoya’s eyes shut close, gritting his teeth as a tingle of pleasure hit him. Yunhee didn’t drink a lot, she sipped a few times before pulling away, healing the small bite wound. She then turned to Sungjong and began healing him.

Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Sunggyu and Woohyun were now creating another form of shield to protect them, buying time for Sungjong to recover. They couldn’t leave the maknae alone to heal – those damn roots didn’t have the manner to stop attacking.

“We need to stop Sungyeol.” Minyoung declared. “We have to somewhat stop his movements so Yunhee can get to him.”

“What can she do even if she touches him?” Woohyun asked as he sent an icicle to one of the corpses.

“She can do it,” Hoya told them, “She can nullify a vampire’s ability. If she can get a hold of Sungyeol, he would be able to snap out of the control of whoever is messing with him.”

Sunggyu, Woohyun, Myungsoo and Dongwoo gaped at the information. They let the reality sink in as Dongwoo zapped a wave of electricity towards one of the wild roots, stopping its movement for a split second, just nice for Sunggyu to chop it into pieces with the wind attack.

So was that why Hoya could never read her mind? And… Yunhee was a vampire with three abilities?

“Yes, she is, and that also means that she is a very powerful vampire.” Hoya added, reading their minds.

Yunhee kept quiet as she continued healing Sungjong. Her first meeting with Minyoung repeated itself in her mind.

 

“Who are you?” Yunhee interrogated, eyes glaring at the figure of a female vampire looking years younger than her.

“I am not an enemy.” Minyoung replied without fear. “I am here to warn you that you and your coven should leave this place.”

“And why would I do that?”

"A vampire with one ability i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter