Chapter 6

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three days passed and Sungyeol was constantly having nightmares. Yunhee has to tend to his wounds every morning. Myungsoo was now sleeping with Sungyeol in the room with Sungjong. The both of them don’t know how to help the tall vampire; especially since Sungyeol looked more and more worn out each time he woke up sweating and pale.

“Yeol ah…” Myungsoo whined, not knowing what to say. Sungyeol was shaking, just awoken from another nightmare. The barrier that Myungsoo cast was proven to be of no help.

“J-Just hold me.” Sungyeol stuttered. Myungsoo simply obliged.

Sungjong watched the both of them in sadness. He wished he could do something.

 

Meanwhile, Dongwoo was concerned about his buddy, Hoya. Something must have happened because Hoya kept a distance from anyone. It seemed that Hoya was keeping something from everyone – even him. Sunggyu noticed but he didn’t say a word. Woohyun spent most of his time with Minyoung – who had been silent throughout the week, talking only when Yunhee discussed something with her.

 

That afternoon, Hoya managed to corner Yunhee again. She was about to run away but Hoya’s expression made her stay. He dragged her to the garden behind the mansion, and made sure that no one was listening to them before he started the conversation.

Yunhee couldn’t bring herself to look at Hoya in the eyes. The mind reader exhaled, trying to understand what was going on, suppressing the will to bomb away all his unasked questions.

Yunhee couldn’t ask Minyoung to make Hoya forget again – not when his mental state was still weak after what had happened. It was risky and Hoya would literally lose his mind. It was clear that he had remembered everything now, perhaps it was because he had registered most of Dongwoo’s and Sunggyu’s memories – which sadly consist of all of them being together.

“Tell me what’s going on.” Hoya finally broke the silence. “Yunhee.”

Yunhee bit her lower lip. She had told Minyoung to let things be for now, but she wanted to make Hoya forget again once his mind was strong enough to be invaded. She was dreading for this moment.

“You know I can’t read your mind even if I wanted to. So please, enlighten me.” Hoya said again patiently.

Yunhee took a deep breath. “… I’d rather you not know anything, Howon-ah.”

“You are in danger. Someone is after you.” Hoya stated; it wasn’t even a question.

“… Yes, yes I am.” She gave in.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Hoya took her hand. “We won’t let anyone touch you… You know that, right?”

“I know.” She replied. “But I won’t let you guys get hurt for my sake either.”

“… So the newborns and Sungyeol’s dream…” Hoya trailed off, and Yunhee’s expression darkened.

“Yes, it was their doing.” She finished for him.

“What about me? How did I…”

“She messed with your ability to control your power.” Yunhee explained. “I don’t know what are they capable of, but I figured that one of them could somewhat control one’s mind or create an illusion or some sort. I can’t be sure though.”

“You made us forget.”

“… Yes, I did.”

“Why?”

“…”

Hoya inhaled in exasperation, knowing that she was a tough nut to crack. His mind was running; how would Dongwoo feel if he knew all these? And how come they hate Yunhee so much when they have no memory of her in their head? Even if they forgot about her… He didn’t even have any idea that he would ever feel such a strong hatred to a girl he loved dearly.

 

“Yun…” Hoya sighed. “Just spill everything out already.”

“There’s nothing wrong, Howon.”

“You know that’s just a stupid lie. We already made it clear that some people are after us. Why did you erase our memories, though?”

“I won’t say anything.” She stayed firm.

He grabbed her arm. “Don’t you see the way Sungyeol is suffering? The way Myungsoo died a little more inside every time he opened his eyes to find his important vampire shaking and pale? Or the way Sungjong is constantly pouting and whimpering in frustration? ALL of us are so anxious and over cautious most of the time and we can’t even sleep properly!”

“I…”

 

“You don’t hear or feel them like I do.” Hoya continued, staring intensely at her. “You don’t know how much they are tortured from not knowing whatever is going on. I can tell Sunggyu hyung is analyzing everything – he is forcing himself to remember details he clearly knew he must have forgotten. Woohyun is so worried about Minyoung that he felt like flooding the river somewhere. Dongwoo is not smiling anymore because he is worried about everything – and now he is dying to know why am I avoiding him! I can’t even look at him in the eye knowing that you made him forget everything while I remember every single details about your love life with him!”

He paused for a moment, observing her before he asked again, “What are you hiding from me? From us?”

Yunhee shook her head. “I don’t want to say it. It’ll be better if you guys forget everything…”

“You are wrong. Even if the min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter