Chapter 5

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The road was endless and no matter how much Sungyeol dashed through it, no matter how fast he ran, he couldn’t see any corner or turn. It was a straight path; and he was getting frustrated because whatever chasing him was coming nearer, and for the first time after years he felt fear.

“Come to me.” A hoarse voice of a female spoke. “Be mine.”

“No. Who are you.” Sungyeol rushed his reply as he picked up his pace. All of a sudden a root shoot out of the ground, wrapping is ankle. Sungyeol fell forward unglamorously as an impact from his speed.

“You are mine.” She laughed. “There is no use resisting… You know you will be mine eventually.”

Sungyeol tried to command the roots to stop attacking him but it was not listening to his commands. The earth started to shake vigorously, disobeying him as well.

“A-Andwae… What’s going on?” Sungyeol was consumed by fear. He had never been unable to use his power before.

“Be mine and you will be the strongest.” A hand materialized, slowly caressing his cheek. Sungyeol struggled but the roots had bound him down.

“No… S-Stop!” Sungyeol protested, but soon the wild roots enclosed his mouth.

“!!!!”

 

 

**

 

 

Sungyeol shot up from his sleep, panting and sweaty. His body hurt all over and he felt as if he just ran a vampire marathon. Unknowingly, he was trembling, still feeling afraid.

“Sungyeol Hyung?”

He let out a soft squeak as Sungjong touched his arm. The younger boy had a sleepy, but concerned look. Sungyeol blinked, not noticing how he looked as if he wanted to cry.

“I’ll get Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong concluded, leaving before Sungyeol could stop him. In his mind, he just wanted to forget about the dream. It was scaring him and he didn’t even know why.

Shutting his eyes, Sungyeol leaned his back onto the cooling wall (as if his skin wasn’t cold enough). He folded his knees to his chest, burying his head down in an attempt to comfort himself to stop shivering.

A warm hand touched his shoulder and he flinched again, but relaxed as he realized it was just Myungsoo.

“Yah… What happened?” Myungsoo’s voice was soothing (and thick with sleep), but Sungyeol was still shivering.

“I think he had a nightmare, hyung.” Sungjong stated.

“I-It’s nothing… Go back to sleep.” Sungyeol managed, sounding weak. His body ached all over.

“Yah, Yeol, what happened to your arms?!”

Sungyeol looked up, puzzled. Myungsoo was already taking both his hands and observing them. “Sungjong-ah, switch on the lights!”

The maknae immediately obeyed. Myungsoo and him let out a gasp as the light blinded their sights.

Sungyeol’s arms and legs were covered with long bruises – as if he was tied to something. The side of his lip was bleeding, and Sungyeol was paler than usual.

“Yeollie, tell me how did this happen?” Myungsoo demanded, a hint of panic could be heard from his voice.

“I really don’t know.” Sungyeol was bewildered. What the hell, it was just a dream, right? Why was it even affecting him in real life?

A knocking sound was heard, and soon Minyoung entered with Yunhee, causing the three male vampires to wince in distaste. Both girls simply ignored them and walked towards the bed where the males were.

Yunhee raised a hand at Sungyeol, and Myungsoo was about to attack her before Minyoung stopped him. “Trust me, she’s not harming him.”

 

Yunhee closed her eyes and began healing Sungyeol. She could easily heal physical wounds, but it seemed like his wounds were not only caused by physical touch since it was taking her extra effort to heal them. Slowly, the blue-black color turned greenish, to yellow, and then disappeared. Sungyeol felt the pain diminishing into nothing.

“… You can heal.” Sungjong whispered in awe. Minyoung interlaced her finger with the youngest male. “Yeah, that’s her power.”

“Did you heal Woohyun hyung too?”

Yunhee was done healing Sungyeol, but she did not answer. She stared at Sungyeol and the tall vampire returned her gaze.

“Better?” She asked. Sungyeol didn’t know why, but as much as he experienced a strong hatred towards her, he felt like opening up. He nodded in response, still feeling traumatized.

 

“Minyoung.” Yunhee called. Minyoung immediately went to her side. “Who is it?”

“I don’t know.” Minyoung sighed. “But she’s… pretty strong. I’d say she has more than one ability, since she could cast it to him without anyone of us noticing.”

“What’s going on?” Myungsoo questioned, alarmed that Sungyeol was attacked – well, not exactly him, but his dreams – by someone.

“I can’t be sure, but someone messed with his dream.” Minyoung told them. Sungjong’s eyes grew impossibly larger.

“Should I call the hyungs?”

“They had already been informed. I told Hoya and Sunggyu to patrol around to see if there’s anyone or any scent that is suspicious outside. Woohyun and Dongwoo are checking the insides of the mansion.” Minyoung said. “Yunhee…”

“I know.” Yunhee got up and left the room. Minyoung sighed.

“Sungjong, let’s go.” Minyoung said.

“Where to?”

“We should leave Sungyeol to sleep... He looked like he needs some rest.”

“Okay.” Sungjong agreed, immediately following after the leader. Minyoung pecked Sungyeol’s cheek bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter