Chapter 4

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What actually happened?”

The boys (minus Woohyun) were in the living room, helping each other treat their wounds. They had cuts and bruises, but it was not a big deal compared to Woohyun’s injury.

“I was patrolling a few kilometers away from Woohyun.” Sunggyu explained, “We had agreed that we would comb the areas separately and met at the perimeter before heading towards the north, but then he took a long time so I went to look for him, feeling that something was amiss.”

“After searching for a bit, I smelled their smell.” Sunggyu frowned. “These newborns are probably created only two to three days ago. They still smell like a mixture of dead human and burnt metal... It was disgusting, worst than half vampires. They attacked blindly – whoever created them must have intended them to do so. Woohyun was fighting close to sixty of them and obviously he was losing.”

“How come there are so many of them?” Sungjong voiced out, confused. “They usually travel only in threes or five at most. Something’s not right.”

“It’s as if someone purposely sent this group of newborns to attack us… Oh.” Sungyeol raised his eyebrows. “Is that it?”

The room became silent and Sunggyu sighed.

“I don’t know, but Woohyun and I knew we were no match for them. They might be newborns but there were so many of them and the sun rose, so we fought them while slowly retreating here, hoping for some help.”

“The one I fought earlier this morning must be one of them… He probably got separated or something.” Dongwoo concluded.

Hoya was quiet throughout the whole discussion. He examined the room; there were too many thoughts he was hearing, and too much emotions. Everyone was trying to come up with an idea of what happened. If he concentrated hard enough, he could feel Sunggyu’s deep worry for Woohyun.

“I’m going to get Minyoung. We should probably discuss a plan to tighten the safety around here…” Myungsoo suggested.

“Do check on Woohyun also.” Sunggyu told him. Myungsoo nodded and disappeared into the shadow.

 

 

*

 

 

“I told you.” Minyoung sighed. “It was only a matter of time before someone hunts you down. I told you that your plan wouldn’t work. Someone is after you.”

Yunhee bit her lip. “I know.”

Minyoung was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter