Chapter 4

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun’s eyes snapped open. He let out a small grunt as he got up, feeling lightheaded. He wondered what time it was, and how long has he been sleeping.

Why was he sleeping again?

He touched his forehead tiredly, trying to gather some memories about what had happened. But there was nothing in his brain, so he decided to ask the other members instead.

A while later he was already entering the living room, where Myungsoo was sitting on the sofa drinking blood from a glass, and Sunggyu was sitting on the other sofa reading a novel. Woohyun greeted them with a lazy “hey”, walking over to the blood supply and pour some for himself.

“How are you feeling?” Myungsoo asked.

“Okay, I guess. What happened?”

“We got attacked by newborns. You got owned and passed out for five days.” Myungsoo answered bluntly.

“Wait, what? You mean I, the great Nam Woohyun, lost to newborns?” Woohyun gaped. “O-M-G. I am going to kill myself right now.”

Sunggyu laughed at the scene. “Yah, you were up against like, sixty of them? If you won you can totally be our new coven leader. And FYI, Mister great, we can’t just slit our wrist and die.”

The rest of the day passed uneventfully. Dinner was served (Yunhee cooked for them, and they hesitantly eat the food down since Minyoung was glaring at them the moment she noticed their discomfort about it) and it was soon bedtime again. Having living with humans for a while now, all the coven members sleep according to normal humans sleeping time.

 

It was close to midnight but Woohyun was feeling too awake. Sighing, he turned to his left and saw Sunggyu sleeping with his mouth slightly opened. Not wanting to disturb the older man’s rest (since he had been taking care of Woohyun the whole day), Woohyun decided to take a stroll around the mansion… Who knows he could fall asleep then.

He walked along the corridor, humming to a random song softly. He headed towards the balcony, but quickly hid as he noticed that it was already occupied by someone – or rather – another two people.

“I’m telling you something is amiss.” Sungjong spoke, frowning. “Don’t you think it’s weird how we keep forgetting bits and pieces of our memories? I can’t remember anything after the fight ended, hyung.”

Sungyeol winced. “What can possibly be amiss, Sungjong-ah? I mean we all live happily, we make Minyoung happy, and we eat and sleep without any worries. We fight when we have to and got healed when we got injured –“

“That’s right! The injury!” Sungjong cut the tall man’s blabber. “How do you explain Woohyun hyung recovering so fast? We are vampires, yes, we do heal faster than most humans… But hyung, he was seriously wounded! AND don’t you remember – he was fully well when we checked on him after the fight ended – that’s twenty minutes after our fight broke!”

Woohyun blinked. Was the maknae thinking too much again? But it does seem fishy… Woohyun was not a super-vampire or any sorts. Yes, he can control water… But he can’t heal himself.

Sungyeol sighed exasperatedly. “Whatever it is, Sungjong-ah… I think you can’t do anything about it. I do admit I can’t really remember a lot of details but we are just human. Oops. Vampires. Whatever. We can be forgetful at times too. You are stressing yourself too much.”

Sungjong was about to reply but he noticed the sleepy look on Sungyeol’s pouty face. Sighing, he pulled Sungyeol so they could go back into the mansion.

“Arasso. Let’s just… sleep.” Sungjong gave in. In his heart, he couldn’t stop the nagging feeling that something was indeed weird.

Woohyun continued hiding, observing the two younger ones.

“He’s not lying, you know.”

Woohyun let out a manly squeak before turning back, coming face-to-face with Hoya.

“He’s not lying, I can tell.” Hoya repeated, and Woohyun rolled his eyes. Of course Hoya could tell.

“Well, may be he’s thinking too much again.” Woohyun uttered.

“Hmm. I don’t think so.” Hoya shrugged. “Anyway, I’m going to sleep. Night, Namu.”

“Night.”

 

 

***

 

 

Dongwoo stared at the ceiling, thinking. He didn’t know why but he was enjoying dinner a bit more than he should after knowing Yunhee prepared it. He still hated her, but he could not help but to… to yearn for her. The whole day he tried to go as far away from her as possible, as every time he smelled her scent or see her, his tummy made a funny twist and it made him uncomfortable.

“What’s wrong with me…” He mumbled to himself. He was sure that he still hated her, since he still feel like breaking her nose at her sight but… But what was he feeling? “… What the hell.”

“Hmm? Did you say something?” Myungsoo sleepily replied, having already been halfway to lalaland when he heard Dongwoo. The shadow man was Dongwoo’s roommate for the week since Woohyun is injured and Sunggyu had insisted to trade rooms with Myungsoo to take care of the greasy vam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter