Chapter 10

The Lost Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu sighed as he stretched himself, closing the black book he was writing on. He smiled tenderly as he traced the cover of the book – gold letters were printed on it, forming his nickname ‘GYU’. Of course it was given by none other than Nam Woohyun, his other half.

“Gyu?” Woohyun croaked. “Why are you still up?”

“I’m about to sleep, actually.” Sunggyu said as he kept the black book inside the drawer and locked it. “Go back to sleep, Woo.”

“I’m cold and you’re not here.” Woohyun sat up, pouting as he rubbed his eye. Sunggyu felt like squishing him.

Sunggyu smiled adoringly at Woohyun before climbing into the bed, pecking Woohyun on the cheek and hugging him. The older vampire made them lie next to each other on the bed. Woohyun snuggled closer almost automatically and let out a yawn.

“Good night, Gyu...”

“Night, Woo.”

 

Sunggyu’s eyes snapped open. He sat up slowly as he scratched his head, trying to make sense out of the dream he has been having repeatedly for the past weeks.

“Woohyun and I?” He mumbled, “Pshh… No way.”

The dream felt real though. He couldn’t remember the place – the room he dreamt about, because well, it looked nothing like the bedroom he was currently in. And since when Woohyun and him sleep together on the same bed?

His cheeks blushed as he recalled how cute Woohyun looked in his dream – all sleepy and his bed-hair messy as he sat on the bed, pouting and –

“Geez, stop it.” Sunggyu shook his head. “I must be crazy.”

A soft knock was heard from the door and Sunggyu got up. He was met face to face with Hoya.

Before he could utter even a word, Hoya cut him. “Wow… Your memories are coming back.”

“What?” Sunggyu stared at him, bewildered.

“Uh, nothing. Forget what I said, hyung.” Hoya nervously covered. “Let’s go. Sungjongie’s waiting at the gate… We should patrol before the sun is up.”

Shrugging the weird feeling off, Sunggyu washed himself before following after Hoya wordlessly. His mind was still filled with the dream, and Hoya couldn’t help raising his eyebrow.

I didn’t even know that they were like that. Hoya thought, that wasn’t possible since I could read feelings and minds, right? Then why didn’t I know about their relationship in the past…?

 

 

***

 

 

Sungyeol looked up as Sungjong entered the room with a tray of food and a glass of blood.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it.” Sungjong chuckled. “He can really sleep, huh.”

“He was drained, can’t blame him… Losing control of his power like that, if he weren’t asleep he probably needs to drink two full bodies of blood to regain his energy.” Sungyeol sighed as he brushed Myungsoo’s fringe aside.

“It’s been five days though. When do you think he’ll wake up?” Sungjong’s voice was full of worry.

“Soon, I hope?” Sungyeol shrugged. I miss him.

Sungyeol had recovered his lost memories. The incident that happened five days ago had triggered the flashbacks, and since then he had been having dreams about the past. He hadn’t fully remembered every single detail, but he got the gist of it. He discussed it with Hoya (the mind reader approached him once he read that Sungyeol remembered) and decided to not mention anything to the rest yet.

Since his memories came back, Sungyeol couldn’t stop his feelings for Myungsoo from growing at all. He couldn’t believe that he had forgotten about loving his best friend all these while – then again he had always been closer and (as much as he didn’t want to admit) more caring to Myungsoo than others.

“I’m going to go patrol with Sunggyu and Hoya hyung.” Sungjong announced. “Eat the food, Hyung. Woohyun hyung cooked them for you.”

Sungyeol thanked the maknae again, and Sungjong left. Sighing, Sungyeol focused towards the sleeping shadow-man again.

“Wake up soon, Myungie.” He leaned forward and pecked Myungsoo on the forehead.

 

He certainly thought that Myungsoo was still asleep, so he was caught off guard when he was suddenly yanked forward. As he blinked, his heart sped up and his eyes widened. Myungsoo hovered above him, awake, his eyes slightly red, showing that he was very, very hungry.

“Myun–“ Sungyeol gasped as Myungsoo swiftly bit his neck, drinking his blood. He wanted to push Myungsoo away, but the wave of pleasure made his whole body weak. He let out an involuntary moan.

Myungsoo hummed approvingly as he continued drinking greedily. Sungyeol’s breathing hitched as the tingly feeling doubled.

“S-Stop.” Sungyeol hated how he was feeling. It didn’t help that this was Myungsoo, the one vampire he told himself not to make a move on despite his raging love. All the pleasure he was experiencing was starting to head south, and he had to stop Myungsoo or he would definitely do something he regrets. Tears forming in his eyes, Sungyeol told Myungsoo to stop again.

Myungsoo ignored him, seemingly satisfied at how he tasted, and (to Sungyeol’s dismay) harder. Sungyeol used up all his self-restrain and shoved Myungsoo away.

Myungsoo seemed to get back to his senses and blinked, suddenly looking like the usual Myungsoo. His eyes widened in realization at the sight of Sungyeol on the verge of crying, holding his bleeding neck, scooting backwards to keep a distance from Myungsoo.

 

“Sungyeol–“ He started, “I–“

The tall vampire shuts his eyes close, trying frantically to calm himself down. His feelings were tangled, and he couldn’t stop his tears. He would run away from there if he could, but he was sure that his legs wouldn’t support his body; wobbly from losing blood AND feeling .

 

Sungyeol flinched as he felt a pair of arms circled around his waist. He bit his lower lip to muffle a surprise moan as Myungsoo leaned closer and all the remaining blood that was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter