1. First Glance

For the First Time

 


“Thank you, Taeyeon-sshi.”

Taeyeon bent over and bowed a full ninety-degrees, before giving the judges a wavering smile when she was upright again. Somehow, her legs were able to get her away from the bright lights, and instead, to the door. Taeyeon took a small gulp of air and grasped the doorknob gingerly, letting herself out and shutting the door behind her futile attempt at achieving her dream. She let her head fall downwards once she was away from the watchful eyes of people and she shut her eyes, feeling she wanted to throw up a bit.

“Nice job.”

Her eyes flew open, but she made no movement to look at the person speaking to her.

“Hey, are you okay?” the speaker tapped her on the shoulder.

Taeyeon slowly lifted her head a few inches and brushed her bangs out of her eyes. She soon found herself staring at the person’s chin, or more specifically, a man’s chin. He smiled and Taeyeon observed his one dimple, right there on the left side of his face.

How strange, she thought.

She raised her head eventually to meet the stranger’s eyes, and she found herself completely mesmerized.

“I heard you in there,” he spoke up, jerking his thumb towards the door.

A sudden feeling of sadness washed over Taeyeon, and she managed to stutter out, “I know I’ll never make it, since it’s a one-in-a-million chance, but...it was worth...worth a shot. My mom told me that I should always go for it even if I doubt myself.”

The man with the dimple grinned, causing his dimple to be even more apparent. “You’re kidding, right? You were amazing.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened considerably, in shock. “You think so, honestly?”

He nodded. “I’ve been here longer than most. Your voice is the best I’ve heard in a while.”

“Wait, are you a trainee here?” Taeyeon questioned as she began to straighten herself up.

“Yes, why?”

Taeyeon bowed to him respectfully. “It’s nice to meet you--”

He laughed. “Jungsu.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jungsu-sshi,” Taeyeon smiled gratefully.

“Hyung, we gotta go to vocal practice!” a skinny boy called from the end of the hallway.

Jungsu nodded back to him and turned back to Taeyeon. “So will I see you around?”

Taeyeon nodded optimistically, bowing once more. Amused, Jungsu laughed at her actions and gave her a pat on the shoulder before jogging away to meet up with his fellow trainee.

“Jungsu,” Taeyeon murmured to herself in a low voice.


So just a note, for each chapter, I'll be putting music that you can listen to that hopefully fits the mood. :)

Enjoy and thank you for reading!

HAPPY 2ND SEOUL ANNIVERSARY!