5. First Hug

For the First Time

 


Wiping the sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand, Taeyeon forced herself to practice the choreography once more, even though she already completely mastered it hours ago. She bit her lips in frustration and tried her hardest to focus on the music, and only the music.

Anything to help her forget.

“Psst, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon’s head whipped around and she saw Jungsu poking his head into the room. She turned away and stood motionlessly, with her back to him.

“You’re not supposed to be here, it’s the girls’ practice room.”

“I was just wondering why you were still here, so late at night.” Jungsu let himself into the room and as quietly as possible, shut the door.

“Practicing,” Taeyeon answered monotonously.

“Well, I’ll walk you home. You’ve worked hard enough, and you need sleep.” Jungsu walked closer to her, putting the same hand on the same shoulder.

Taeyeon shrugged him off and moved away from him. “Just let me practice, oppa.”

“Hyoyeon told me you’ve got the dance down though.” Jungsu folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at her.

Taeyeon stiffened. “I can still practice. It’s not perfect.”

“Okay, what’s up?” Jungsu sighed, grabbing her shoulder and whirling her around.

Taeyeon bit her lip again. “It’s not important.”

Jungsu scoffed, disbelieving. “If it involves you, it’s important to me. Now tell me.”

“Don’t worry about me.” Taeyeon insisted, trying to break free from his grip.

“That’s too bad, because I already am and I always will,” Jungsu said firmly.

Knowing she wouldn’t win the battle, Taeyeon said in a low voice, “It’s Junsu.”

Jungsu’s expression darkened immediately and he began speaking in a dangerously low tone, one Taeyeon had never heard before. “What did he do to you?”

Taeyeon laughed humorlessly. “Nothing at all; I just somehow gathered up the courage to confess to him, and he rejected me.”

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt warmth and she realized Jungsu had hugged her. After knowing him for almost a year, he had never done such a thing; it was a first. She didn’t know how to react as he wrapped his arms around her tightly, as if he were protecting her. Then she thought that maybe she didn’t need to react.

She just needed to enjoy his comfort.

“Junsu can be a little stupid sometimes because he blew it, big time.”

Taeyeon smiled a bit against his chest; there were no other more perfect words of comfort than his.


Time Frame: Mid-2005

Song: Late Autumn - Kyuhyun

Merry Late Christmas to everyone! This is part one of my insanely long list of things to update, for people who keep up with my blogs.

Hope you enjoyed this little drabble, thank you for reading!