First Ring

For the First Time


Jungsu was coming home.

He was coming back.

He was coming back to her.

Taeyeon couldn’t quite describe how much she had missed him. She tried to be strong when he left, but two years took a heavy toll on her. She didn’t sing as much anymore, leaving Jessica to make up for all of Taeyeon’s parts. Tiffany even took on more of the leader responsibilities, though the title still belonged to Taeyeon.

None of that mattered anymore. Two years had passed--not quickly enough, though--and she would see Jungsu again.

“Taeyeon!”

The girl whirled around, locking eyes with Tiffany. “What? I have to go see him now; he told me he’d only be at his dorm for a bit--”

“Taeyeon, there’s something he wanted to give you.”

“Huh?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

Tiffany revealed a velvet box from behind her back. “This is for you.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “Is that...?”

“Surprised?

Both girls turned their heads towards the source of the sound.

“Jungsu!” Taeyeon exclaimed, attacking him in a tight hug.

He gave her a dazzling grin. “Did you get taller?”

“You didn’t change a bit,” Taeyeon touched his face tenderly, and suddenly turned cross. “What the heck, Jungsu? How could you leave me to age?”

Tiffany giggled in the corner and Jungsu’s grin didn’t leave his face. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon noticed the box in Jungsu’s hand; how it got from Tiffany to him, she would never know. “So what is that exactly?”

“You tell me,” he knelt down and opened the lid, exposing a gorgeous diamond on a gold band.

“You’re kidding, right?” Taeyeon had one hand over .

“If this was any other day, yes,” Jungsu inhaled deeply, “But today, no.”

At this point, Tiffany was tearing up to herself on the sidelines.

“Taeyeon, please marry me. I’ve been waiting so long for you, and I can’t wait any longer.”

“How could I possibly say no, you idiot?” Taeyeon sniffed, smacking his shoulder.

“That’s a yes, right?”


Time Period: October 2014

Song: Dream - Yiruma

A/N: Next chapter is the LAST chapter. :)