4. First Crush

For the First Time


“Who are you staring at?” Jungsu poked Taeyeon in the head lightly.

Taeyeon averted her eyes from his piercing stare and instead glanced down at her food. “I’m not staring at anyone.”

“You idiot,” Jungsu poked her in the forehead, “Tell me!”

Taeyeon shook her head, her pigtails flying around as she did so.

“So you were staring at someone,” Jungsu concluded with a slight smirk.

“Leave me alone,” Taeyeon muttered with a grumpy huff.

“As your closest oppa, I should know some things,” Jungsu argued.

“Who says you’re my closest oppa?” Taeyeon countered.

“You did,” Jungsu grinned victoriously.

“When?” Taeyeon frowned.

“Three months ago.”

“It’s creepy how you remember.” the young girl muttered, giving him a weird look.

Jungsu ignored her comment and scanned the cafeteria. “Is it Choi Siwon? Everyone loves him.”

“I don’t know him,” Taeyeon wrinkled her nose.

“Park Yoochun?”

“No.”

“Kim Kibum?”

“No.”

“Tell me it’s not Heechul. Because if it is--”

“It’s not Heechul,” Taeyeon snorted, “Geez.”

“Thank goodness,” Leeteuk mumbled. “Okay, what about Youngwoon? Donghae? Sungmin?”

“No, no, and no.”

“You’re a difficult one, Kim Taeyeon.” Jungsu commented, smiling at her.

“You’ll never guess it,” Taeyeon teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

“Hey, Jungsu-hyung!”

Jungsu tore his eyes away from Taeyeon and grinned at the speaker, tackling him in a hug. “Junsu-ah! You came back to visit?”

“Well, I have a few minutes off, so I thought I’d say hi to everyone.” Xiah Junsu shrugged happily.

“Good to see you.”

“Yeah,” Junsu beamed. It was then he took notice of Taeyeon. “Oh, hey, Taeyeon-sshi.”

Taeyeon’s cheeks colored considerably and she smiled timidly at him. “Hi.”

Jungsu noticed this and his eyes narrowed. He didn’t pay attention when Junsu bid them goodbye and left and simply continued staring at Taeyeon, before she noticed him and looked up, startled.

“What...?”

“It’s Xiah Junsu.”

Taeyeon blinked. “What are you--?”

“You blushed, Taeyeon!” Jungsu exclaimed, attracting the attention of some trainees passing by.

“Shut up!” Taeyeon hissed, whacking him on the arm.

“Aw, Little Taeyeon has a crush on Junsu.” Jungsu ruffled her hair affectionately.

“Shut up.” she said again, pushing his hands away.

“How much older is he? Taeyeon, you shouldn’t be hanging out with people so much older yet. You’re so young.” Jungsu reprimanded.

“So tell me why I’m sitting here with you?” Taeyeon smiled smugly.

“Hey! I’m not old! I think Junsu is like three years older than you or something, right?”

Taeyeon moaned and put her head down on the table.


Time Frame: Early 2005

Song: I Love You - Taeyeon (Athena OST)

Thanks for reading as always. :)