15. A new start

Can this love last? (Sequal: Love is Difficult)

Jungkook is waiting at Starbucks for somebody. After a couple days he decides to meet up with her. 'Her' the girl who he's been dreading to meet in months after the way he treated and spoke to her. Sitting there really nervous, the door opens and she walks in sitting opposite him. She is here right in front of him and he doesn't know whether to smile or not smile.

"Hey"

"Hey, I ordered you a caramel frappucino without coffee just the way you like it. How are you Jieun?"

Jieun was surprised he still remembered her order.

"I've been good, very stressed because of exams are coming up you?"

"Good."

Jieun knew there was more to the story than what he was telling her. She had bumped into Minji one afternoon. They were once close friends but once she started dating L, Minji stopped talking to Jieun completely. Jieun asked Minji how Jungkook was doing after he blocked her number. Minji only mentioned that he had been drinking and became cold and that he was really hurt. 

"How's things going with you and L?" he didn't want to ask and let alone know the answer to the question.

"We're taking things slow..."

The conversation was super awkward and the meetup ended early. 

"Have a safe trip home Jieun-ah."

"you too" Jieun smiles and they go separate ways.

--

Later that night, Jungkook gets a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, it's me."

"What's up?"

"Let's meet up for dinner."

Around 8pm, Jungkook walks into the restaurant and sees the girl sitting there alone. She looks up and sees him with a big smile to her face, walks up to him and gives Jungkook a hug.

"Sit down. I have already ordered the food."

Soon after, the food arrives.

"What's wrong with you oppa? You've been so quiet  compared to last night"

"Sorry soomin.. it's been a long day." 

Soomin is the girl Jungkook had the one night stand the night before. He didn't think she would've contacted him after their time last night.

"I like you oppa." Soomin blurted it out, out of the blue

--

Jungkook and Soomin are walking down the side streets after having a very filling dinner. Jungkook's head was in the clouds but deep down he did want to try and see how things go with Soomin. The only way to get Jieun off his mind was to start dating again. Soomin was beautiful and he may as well try.