10. Unexpected Date

Can this love last? (Sequal: Love is Difficult)

Jungkook had been ignoring his girlfriend the last week. Everytime Jieun had messaged him, he would either decline the call, not pick the call or reply the message. He had a feeling that there was something going on with L and Jieun.

 

FLASHBACK

“Why are you always hanging out with that L!” Jungkook and Jieun were standing face to face, a place near her house.

“Wae? He’s my chingu.”

“I don’t like him at all. Stop hanging out with him!”

“Oppa, please. Calm down, why are you acting like this?” Jieun was confused, she hasn’t seen her boyfriend like this before.

“It’s so obvious that he likes you. I’m scared that I will lose you and you will choose him over me.” He definitely didn’t want to loose her, after everything that happened a year ago, he was willing to not let her go.

 

After the day Jungkook and Jieun fought, Jieun had a lot of thinking about her friendship with L. Thinking back to their times together, she realized that L was super nice to her and that he cared for her. She was confusing herself. Had she started to develop feelings for her friend L? Or was Jungkook just saying that because he was jealous that L and her hung out more.

 

Until, she received a message.

 

‘Meet me at _____ café in 1 hour.’ – L

 

Jieun didn’t know what to do, either go to see him or stay at home. She didn’t want to be a bad person therefore she decided to meet him. After having a nice warm bath with bubbles to clear her mind, drank some water to cleanse and chose a nice decent outfit. The outfit seemed to be trendy; they called it “Korean street fashion” with a dash of girlyness and chic.

 

Walking to the café, she saw L with his black and white striped jacket. It was different from the other people and stood out from the crowd with his bold fashion sense. L saw her walking towards him and pulled out the seat for her.

“I ordered you a chocolate milkshake, your favourite.”

“Thanks L.”

Seconds later, the waiter brought out their drinks for the both. It felt kind of awkward, Jieun had no clue why she met up with L all of a sudden.

“Jieun…I like you.”

Jieun was a bit dumbfounded.

*Jungkook was right.*

He was right, L did gain feelings for her. She felt flustered, though she had a boyfriend, it felt, as they were splitting apart. L had been there for her all the time.

“I need time to think L oppa.”

“I’m sorry it came out like that. But I really do like you. I will give you time to think, you don’t need to give me a reply now. I’ll still be your friend and won’t make things awkward for you.”

L was a really good person. He is understanding, carefree and a loyal guy who respected people’s feelings.