Affections

Obsessed

The next day he opened his door to find a bag hanging on his doorknob. He looked around to see who it belong to but there was no one there. He was going to ignore it but he decided to go back and look inside. There was a pair of shoes blue converse with a hand written note.

“I’m sorry if these weren’t the ones your old one. But hey, don’t blame me. I tried my best. Anyway, happy birthday oppa. Be a good example for me so my youth will not be tainted with your rudeness.”

From your little sister, To Rude oppa

Her message made him smile as he saw his mother look at him from the stairs.

“Come eat,” she warmly smiled.

He entered the dining room to see his father drinking coffee and his mother ushering him to come sit and eat. He looked around the room.

“Are you looking for Seong Im?” the mother asked as she got him a bowl of rice. “She headed out first.” He pretended to not hear anything and just ate a few spoonful before leaving without saying anything.

***************************************************************************************************

He hurried to school and entered the classrooms but she wasn’t there. He looked for her but pretended not to when students look weirdly at him. Finally he caught sight of her in the field with Yoo Jung playing kickball. He watched her from afar.

“What are you looking at?” one of his rebel friend asked but he just glared at him and walked away.

****************************************************************************************************

It was the second day of the race between the high schoolers and middle schoolers. Il Kook held Seong Im’s shoulder as they ran through the three-leg raced together. They walked in sync, leading the students through the race. Bolin was paired with Yoo Jung who arrogantly argued with him. They were stuck at the back and kept fighting each other. Il Kook and Seong Im won the race with their teamwork.

“Seong Im-ah, change partners with me. Your brother is too annoying.” Yoo Jung begged her.

“No way, Seong Im is mine for today.” Il Kook pouted. Bolin glared at him for making that statement. Seong Im pushed his face away as he stood close to her. She felt like she couldn’t breathe, their faces were too close, too intimate. She felt her cheeks growing hotter as it glowed pink.

“W-who?” Seong Im mumbled. Il Kook only eye balled her and mouth ‘you’.

Bolin snapped the stick in his hand and walked away, making them jump.

She ran to get him as he sat by the bench and rubbed his feet in the dirt. He looked into the sky, his pale face and hair whistled with wind.

She stopped in front of him as he looked at her.

“Finish the race.” She said. “Or are you scared to lose?” He snickered and got up. She got in front of him as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

She kneeled in front of him as he stepped back in surprise. “What are you doing?” he almost shouted.

She looked up at him and smiled. “You wore them, the shoes.” Seong Im tied his loosed laces. “There you go, it’s better now.” His eyes widen in astonishment. He gulped and walked away from her back to the field.

“Let’s go together. Wait for me.” Seong Im knew he was accepting her. He purposely walked faster, leaving her behind. Suddenly she tripped. He turned to look at her, he was about to go back and help her up Il Kook beat him to it. He stopped his steps.

Il Kook rushed to her side and help her up.

“Are you ok?” he worriedly asked. He held her hand that was bleeding. He carefully held her hand and took her to the bench. “Wait here, I’ll be right back.” He then ran inside the school.

Bolin glared at them and headed back into the game.

Il Kook came out and clean her small wound.

“There you go,” he smiled after putting the Band-Aid with smiley faces on it.

Seong Im felt her heart thumping again and quickly look away. His smile was teasing her.

****

Bolin was playing basketball against the other groups as Il Kook join them. Seong Im and Yoo Jung and other students circled around the court to see them play.

The boys pushed back and forth.

Min Ki and his group was playing dirt, pushing them back and forth during defense. Il Kook was pushed and all the girls gasp. Seong Im was going to help him but the other divas ran to him first.

“Oppa, are you ok?” Tiffany asked. He just nodded and looked at Seong Im.

A ball was thrown at them as Il Kook caught it. It was Bolin.

“Get up on your own if you’re a man.” He coldly challenged and turn back to the court. Il Kook got up on his own and the game continued.

It was a competitive game.

“Seong Im, why is your brother so mean to Il Kook? Usually he wouldn’t even initiate anything even if he gets into fights.”

“I don’t know.” Seong Im nervously answered, she really didn’t know why either.

The game ended with the two boys winning as they fought with each other but worked together against Min Ki’s group.

****

After school ended, Il Kook was busy and couldn’t walk her home as his mother came to pick him up at school with their car. Seong Im decided to walk alone after she parted with Yoo jung.

Seong im was walking home until she heard a loud shrieking voice.

“Hey you, red uniform.” Seong im ignored it. “Yah transferee.” SHe then turn around to see a bunch of girls behind her.

“What?” she asked.

They walked up to her in a gangster style. Tiffany chewed on her bubble gum loudly and blew a bubble then popped it.

“We need to talk.”

Seong Im was surrounded by a group of girls that tried to bully her, hitting. They were in a dead end alley.

“Do you think you match Il Kook oppa?”

“Someone like you are to hang out with our oppa? huh!?” The middle and high school girls started shoving her around and hit her. Suddenly a crackling firework was thrown in the midst. Everyone jumped away from it, afraid. Seong Im covered her ears and at the end of the road came Bolin. He carried a bat over his shoulder, making all the girls moved away. He came right up to the group.

“Who is the leader?” he asked, gritting his teeth. No one dared to answer him as he spit on the ground. “I’m giving you one last chance. WHO is the leader?” He banged on the trashcan.

One of the girls, the one in a red bandana came out. “It’s me.” She was chewing on bubble gum and spit it at his feet. “What are you going to do?” She didn’t give a d*mn about who he was although his presence did frighten her a bit.

He darted his eyes at her and walked towards her, making her back up. Tiffany walked back but kept her gaze on him. He shoved her until she hit the wall then he swing the bat on the wall at the area before her head. All the girls shriek in fear. Tiffany covered her ears in fright.

“Mess with her again and I’ll make sure your pretty face gets smash.” He threatened her before going to Seong Im. He held her arm and drag her away from the group of girls and dead end alley.

****

He dragged her home without speaking. She whimpered in pain as his gripped was rough, hurting her wrist. Only until they reached home and he sat her on the porch did he let her go. His hand imprinted on her wrist as she rubbed it.

He tended her wounds although he tried not show her he was worried.

“Learn to fight before making problems,” he nagged her for the first time. Every time she ached in pain, he would try to be even gentler when applying the ointment.

Bolin headed inside the house as Seong Im called him, “Oppa,” making him stop to look at her. “Thank you…for today.” She smiled.

“Crazy brat…” he said and went inside. But honestly, his heart was beating so badly. He leaned behind the door and tried to catch his breath and stop his pounding heart.