Grief

Obsessed

She finally reached him as he went inside a gate to enter a house. She stopped and caught her breath. She turned to see him gone. She was in front of his house. The gate open and out came his mom.

“What are you doing here?” She angrily question the breathless Seong Im. She didn’t answer and look at the house entrance only.

“Aunty…*breathes* where is… where is Il Kook oppa? Is he inside?”

His mother’s eyes darken in anger. “You dare to come back here after all the problem you caused?!” she shouted. “You caused the death of my son!”

Her heart dropped right there. She gulped and it felt as if she had swallowed sand and rocks. Her legs felt weak. She couldn’t believe her ears.

He was just here… He was with me… It can’t be true….

“I…I…” Seong Im fell down as his mother pushed her and started to hit her.

“It’s your fault! You killed my son!” She struck her face, “Go die!”

Seong Im was lifeless as she let his mother hit her. It was as if her soul has gone and dispersed. His father came out to see what was going on and sees his wife hitting Seong Im. He removed his wife from hitting Seong Im as she was going to really die by his wife’s hand.

“Why are you stopping me? She caused our son’s death! Don’t you feel bad for him?” she cried in his arm. “Get out of my sight before I really hurt you.” she directed towards Seong Im.

She couldn’t hear anything, only a little humming in her ear as the wind slightly brushed passed her.

“If I die, I want to become the wind.”

She got up and started walking away. Her eyes were cold and lifeless as she dragged her feet away. She just kept walking without looking back. She walked further and further away. His giggle tingle her ear, his humming soothe her, and his voice circled her mind.

It’s all my fault…. If not for me…. He would still be alive…. I killed him… I killed Il Kook.

It was like forever, like her whole world had stop, like the earth has stopped spinning. The cars that went pass her skimmed through and soon she was walking along a bridge. She stopped as she looked down into the water. It shined so brightly at her and blinded her eyes as her hair bled across her face.

Her vision became blurry as it grew watery. She climbed the on the rail and opened up her arms. She turn her head to glance behind her.

There stood a sad Il Kook looking at her. He extended his hand towards her, for her to take his hand and get down from the rail, to stop her from jumping down. Seong Im curved up a faint smile as a tear roll down her cheek.

“It’s okay, I’m not crying because I’m sad. It’s because of the wind. It’s making my eyes water.” She whispered to him. A tear roll down his face, giving her the sweetest sadness look in his eyes. His hand gestured for her to take but she shook her head.

“I’m… sorry.” Seong Im said before letting herself fall down the bridge. Her body hit the water and drowned down. She didn’t fight back to come out at all. Bubbles escape her body as she went deeper into the water. Her vision turn dark and disappeared but someone dropped into the water too.

****

Machines beep and circled around the bed. Seong Im opened her eyes as it was blurry. There were people surrounding her.

“Miss, are you alright?”

“Can you hear us?”

She opened her eyes and look carefully around. The doctor and nurse, police surround her.

“Can you see us clearly? How many fingers am I holding?” The doctor asked. Seong Im tried to comprehend what was going on and closed her eyes. She tried to remember how she got here.

She opened her eyes as there was a ringing in her ear. Suddenly Bolin was in front of her.

“Why are you here?” He said in a monotone voice.

Seong Im stopped as she saw him, his eyes glued on her. She hastily pulled out the needles on her hand. A hand stop her, clutching her tight.

“You’re not going anywhere.” His eyes swallowing her. “You’re mine only.” His lips twisted into an evil grin. Seong Im trembled and pushed him away.

“Leave! Get away from me! You!” and screamed hysterically. The doctors and nurse were all confused. They tried to calm her down and forcefully gave a sedative.

She was hallucinating. Soon, her scream quiet down. The police and the doctor was discussing about her health.

“I think the patient was ually abused and had been locked up. And…” the doctor looked worried.

“And what?” the police asked. He whispered the content to them, making them gasp in anger.

****

Seong Im woke up as she was in a white room. The police came in the company of a few doctors and nurses.

“Miss.” Seong Im sat up and looked at them blankly. “Can you tell me what happen to you?”

Seong Im only looked at him and trembled.

“We can help you. Tell us. What is your name?”

“M-my name…?”

“Yes, what is your name?”

“My name….is…” Seong Im looked at them then a curved a thin smile as they waited in anticipation.

“Ji Hyo… Song. Ji Hyo.” She didn’t know why, but she liked that name. She knew it wasn’t her name, but somehow it was the only thing she could think of.

“Song Ji Hyo?” the police repeated.

She nodded, “My name… is Song Ji Hyo.”

Because of that shock, she changed her name from Cheon Seong Im to Song Ji Hyo and she was given therapy for her trauma.

송지효

Song Ji Hyo

Meaning

[Noun] a very fulfills filial devotion.
[Noun] take care of enlightenment. Or knowing brightly. 
[Noun] effect of late.

*******************************************************

Thank you so much for following this story. I know it was kind of disturbing in some scenes and boring. I will try my best to improve my writing skills. Thank you for all the comments, subscribers, upvotes, and viewers! I was allover the moon. I hope you enjoy the story as much as I had. Sorry if it was confusing but my main story 'Timeless Love' will show more explanations. Please check it out if you enjoy this mini-story. Thank you once again!!!

PS: the next chapter is offically my last chapter of the epilogue.