Realization

Can I Believe In You?

Jiyeon POV

 

“I should have allowed you take as many photos as you wanted back then.” I whispered. “So I can have more memories of us to look at.” I dropped my head down trying to stop my tears.

 

Myungsoo POV

 

“I promise you that you’re heading the right direction.” I shook hands with him.

 

The man nodded his head and covered his face lower. “Then I’ll be going first. I don’t want us to ruin things by getting caught here.” He said.

 

“See you then.” I bowed to him and we parted ways from this cheap restaurant.

 

I headed back into the guys our hide out and changed to more casual clothing. As soon as I came out of the bathroom, I heard Dongwoo and Woohyung sighing and talking to one another.

 

“Dude, I want to give up taking over my father’s position. All I had to do was cover and report to him his meetings and reports and I’m already worn out.” Woohyun said.

 

“At least you’re not presenting to other people a project you made out of a joke seriously. I bet if I wasn’t my father’s son, everyone would have rejected this stupid idea.” Dongwoo said.

 

“I guess working is rough for you two.” I went to the fridge and tossed them both a bottle of beer.

 

“It’s always rough. How about you L? I bet it was better than ours.” Woohyun said.

 

“What do you mean his is better? It was way worse than you two. He’s just a workaholic so things are easier for him.” Sungyeol entered the hide out and since I was by the fridge, I tossed him one bottle of beer and got out another for me.

 

“So what? I can’t wait for L to become the official chairman for Infinite so that I can relax and goof off more.” Woohyun said.

 

“Idiot, if L becomes the official CEO of Infinite, be prepared to work to death.” Sungyeol said. “Anyways, my day at work was also rough.” He added.

 

“No one’s curious.” Dongwoo said.

 

+++

 

Somehow, today I found myself following Jiyeon home today again. It feels like rendezvous as I stayed behind her. I thought I changed but seeing myself like this, I realized that I was still the same guy who Jiyeon knew when she first met.

 

It’s so crazy, I’m so crazy for you

What do I do now? I can’t stand a day without you

It’s so crazy, I prayed every day

So I could love you

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh~” Jiyeon sang spinning round and round.

 

I looked at as she looked so weak and vulnerable. All the sudden, she was leaning to one side and I realized she was falling to the road. A car honked and I ran to grab her away from there immediately.

 

“Oh,” Jiyeon looked at me surprised as I bowed in apology to the driver. “Myungsoo!” she laughed and slapped my shoulder. “We just keep meeting,” she took off her ear buds that I just realized.

 

“Yah!” I shouted her for not realizing that she was in danger at all. “If you’re going to act all crazy like this, at least watch out for yourself so that you don’t get killed!” I shouted at her.

 

Jiyeon lost her smile and glared at me. “If I want to die, then leave it to me. Don’t get yourself so involved in me because you’re not someone I’m close with. Right now, I feel like dying anyways. Why would I want to live in a world where everything feels so unfair and heartbreaking? Even if I do live through this, I’m always going to remember that person and the pity I keep receiving from others.” She told me.

 

“Fine, fine! Go ahead and die! Leave behind your mother who would do anything for you! Leave behind your friends who cherish you!” I told her and left.

 

Jiyeon POV
 

I watched him leave and fell down to the ground in tears. It’s been a while, that I cried for myself because of me and not for myself because of Taehyung.

 

I headed home in red eyes and my mom opened the door. “Jiyeon, why are you home so late?” she asked me worried.

 

“I’m sorry mom,” I told her and hugged her as tears came out once more. “I thought was I was listening to everyone’s advice, I thought I what I was doing was right but I was just being a burden.” I told her.

 

“Ani, ani,” my mom patted my back.

 

“My Jiyeon is definitely not a burden. Where did you get this idea from? You were just stressed and didn’t know what to do. Mom understands, mom understands, just like when your dad…” my mom turned quiet.

 

Now I feel worse even having mom mention dad. We both talked less as we focused more on comforting each other silently.

 

 “Mom, from now on, I’ll be a better daughter for you. I promise I won’t take you for granted and will do my best for you.” I told her.

 

“No need, mom rather you focus on your happiness. If you’re doing well then that’s all that matters.” My mom patted my head.

 

 

I thought everything has ended.

 

 Sorry for the long~~~ update. I lost my idea track for this and it took me a while to plan things out again. Well, if you're still reading this, thanks for reading this again!