Finals Coming Up

Can I Believe In You?

Myungsoo POV

 

I secretly drove to grandma and grandpa’s house again and looked at them through the window.

“Sorry…” I felt my tears threatening to come out.

How horrible they must think of me as their grandson when I can’t be by their side? I’m their only grandson and they’ve always relied on me. Now they can’t even know I’m here by their side.

 

But they don’t have to wait long.

 

+++

 

“How’s it going though?” I asked Sungyeol.

“Reallly good actually. Thanks to your amazing plan, I was able to also convince a few people…but then, is this the truth?” Sungyeol asked me worried.

“Just believe me as of now. You’re the only one I can rely on.” I patted his shoulder.

Sungyeol gasped slapping both of cheeks with his hands. “Did you really think of me as this smart and handsome friend?” he asked astonished.

“No, I thought of you as a silly but surprisingly smart guy.” I told him.

“Eh, don’t be shy with me.” Sungyeol nudged me.

 

Jiyeon POV
 

“Mom, stop cleaning the kitchen floor, it’s clean.” I told her for the 10th? 11th? 12th time of the day?

“But what if you step on the glass later?” my mom asked worried.

“I’m sure there is none. I already cleaned over for you so that you won’t have to be so worried.” I told her.

“I’m sorry Jiyeon, your mother here is so clumsy.” My mom knocked her head.

“Mom stop it.” I helped her get up and took away the cloth from her hand. Suddenly my phone started to right out of nowhere startling me. “I’ve got to stop switching my ringtone.” I said. “Hello?” I answered and no one spoke back.

I suddenly felt the chill and smiled to my mom a fake assurance and headed outside.

“It’s you right?” I asked quietly feeling my goosebumps all around me.

“Who…should go first?” a robotic voice asked. “Since you seem to be forgetting me, I should start also.” It then ended.

I turned around and ran inside the house. “MOM!” I shouted as I slammed the door opened.

“What?” mom asked me as she was about to throw the cloth to the trashcan.

“…ani,” I shook my head. “Y-you want to eat out?” I asked her

“Why all the sudden? Weren’t you going to visit your friend?” she asked me.

“She called me and said she can’t today. So I’m going to spend it with you mom.” I gave her a back hug.

“Yah, if you have the time to do this, then go and study instead.” Mom smacked my head.

“Ow!” rubbed it. “But I want to hang out with my mom.” I told her.

I could feel my mom smiling as she pretended to not want to go but did. But the phone call did not get off of my mind. It came back and back into my head.

 

Did I take his warning too light?

 

Myungsoo POV

 

“Ahhhhhh!!!!” Sungjong was screaming around as he threw his notes to the floor. “I can’t study and final exams are coming up in a week.” He whined.

“Yah, be quiet.” I smacked his head and went back to reviewing my notes.

“Yah L, what does this mean? X equals at the end Y? Why?” Woohyun asked me.

I sighed and explained things to him as if he was in kindergarten, which was hard because they don’t teach you these kinds of things back then. But finally he was able to get the gist of it after doing a few similar problems like it. And thanks to him, all the idiots started to ask me for help so studying wasn’t an option for me anymore, it was to teach and tutor these fools here.

All the sudden, I thought about how Jiyeon’s doing. If she’s also studying hard for her finals.

“I want to see you.” I whispered and Sunggyu looked up at me surprised dropping his pencil.

“What did you say to me?” Sunggyu asked me.

I cleared my throat surprised that I let that out and gave him a stern look. “Just focus on your thing. I wasn’t talking to you.” I told him.

“What do you mean you’re not, we’re the only ones awake, everyone is asleep now.” Sunggyu said.

“Yah, just because I let some words out of my mouth, you can’t always assume I’m talking to you unless we’re having a conversation of some sort.” I smacked his head. “Anyways, have you gotten the rule down for this math question? It’s going to be in the exam so memorize it.” I pointed it to him.

“Yes…I hate studying.” Sunggyu said. “It’s not like I’m in high school, why do I have to study so much for college?” Sunggyu complained.

“Then did you study in high school?” I asked him.

“No, high school is all about having fun, who actually studied?” Sunggyu asked.

I shook my head at him. “This is why you’re repaying all for sins of having fun in high school for studying for college exams.” I told him.

“Thank you L. For the first time, I’m studying for college.” Sunggyu acted like he was super proud of himself.

 

Jiyeon POV
 

“I knew you’ll have a nosebleed.” Luna handed me a tissue as I continued reviewing my class materials.

“Thank you Luna.” I smiled to her and went back to drowning myself in my history book.

I resume to taking notes about important information and words that I should know. IU comes over also and joins us with panda eyes.

“I’ve been studying for one day and I already want to give up. I hate final exams!” IU threw her books on the table.

My phone rang and I looked at it to see Taehyung calling me. I broke up in a smile and picked it up. “Hello?” I answered it.

“See her sudden change? Makes me want a boyfriend also.” IU whined.

“Are you busy?” Taehyung asked me.

“Sort of, you?” I asked him.

“I got everything down already so I thought if you need any help, I’ll come over to you and help you.” Taehyung said.

“I would love that but forget it. I don’t want to take advantage of you. I still my way.” I told him.

“Then don’t forget to eat. Should I come visit you with some bibimbap?” Taehyung asked me.

“Really?” I smiled.

“Yes, it’s my excuse to be able to see you.” He said.

“Okay then, wait a bit,” I covered my phone and looked at Luna and IU. “Do you guys want to eat bibimbap with Taehyung and me?” I asked them.

“No way!” IU stood up. “Go enjoy them with him. If I go with you guys, I might as well throw up on your food.” She said.

“I’m with IU on this. Have fun on your study date. We don’t want to be fourth wheelers here.” Luna started to pack up making me laugh.

“Wait for me!” IU realized and grabbed her books from the table.

+++

“Eat.” Taehyung feed me again as I went back to reviewing my materials. “I never really hated finals before but now I’m starting to. You’re not even looking at me even though I’m here.” Taehyung said.

I finally looked up at him and gave him a smile. “Sorry, I’m just worried I’ll fail my finals. But I like it,” I let out a laugh. “You’re jealous of the finals.”

“T-That’s because!” Taehyung grew red from embarrassment.

I laughed at him and he started quietly helping me write review notes to go over. I wanted him to not help but he won in helping me because he’s always the type to help others.

 

Myungsoo POV
 

I found the address to Jiyeon’s new house that she now lives in and decided to walk there so I don’t catch unnecessary attention. Arriving at where she lives, I saw a strange person walking around her house.

“Hey there young man!” some ahjumma shouted surprising me.

I turned around and saw Jiyeon’s mother. I quickly looked away before she recognizes me and saw that that strange person in black was gone. Damn it, I should leave before Jiyeon’s mother recognizes me.

“Wait there!” I heard her voice coming closer and ran away from her.

I ran and ran until I bumped into someone. “I’m sorry!” I apologized to them out of breath. I turned around and looked to see if Jiyeon’s mother was coming or not.

“It’s okay.” The familiar voice made me froze.

I slowly turned to look around and see the girl looking up at me at the same time. Jiyeon’s eyes widen when she realized that it was me.

“Myungsoo!” she got up looked at me opening and closing like she wanted to say something.

 

Meanwhile…

 

The stupid me was frozen. I couldn’t say one thing to her. The only thing I could think about was that she’s here, right in front of me. The person I miss so much.

 

Sorry for update being behind. I had wntedto get my new poster before poster before posting it up! Anyways, I felt like I neglected Myungyeon for a while so I decided to have them meet up a little! Enjoy the fun?...