Goodbye Taehyung

Can I Believe In You?

Jiyeon POV

 

After what felt like hours of crying and pleading to go see Taehyung, IU and Luna helped me get up and went to where he was in the hospital.

I forced myself to walk no matter how painful it felt because I had to see Taehyung. They have to be lying that he’s dead. My Taehyung can’t possibly be dead. He’s always there for me, how could he be dead?

“O-Over there,” IU pointed to a private room in the hospital.

“Son!” I heard his mother crying from the room the closer me get. “Open your eyes!” she crying.

“Let’s go out,” I heard his dad saying.

“Andwae!! If I do, who’s going to watch my son wake up for me?!” his mother shouted.

I felt my eyes getting teary. They’re lying. This must be the wrong room. It has to be. I tried to turn around but Luna’s grasp on me was firm.

“This is the wrong room. It has to be.” I told IU and Luna.

“Ani,” Luna shook her head to me. “This is the right room.” She told me.

“Ahhhhh!” I heard the door opened and his mother and father came out of the room.

I looked at those two not wanting to believe my eyes. They really are Taehyung’s parents…so this room…

“Jiyeon-ah,” his mother looked at me as tears silently fell down.

“No way, no way, no way!” I shook my head and forced myself to run to the room.

I slammed it open and saw exactly the person I expected and did not expected to be laying in the bed there. Taehyung. IU and Luna came and stood outside the door.

“…Taehyung?” I called out praying he’ll answer back.

This got to be a horrible joke. I rather it be a prank than reality. He can’t be gone like this. He just can’t!

I went closer and closer to him and tried to call him one last time. “Taehyung?”

And reality hits me hard right this moment when I saw that he’s not breathing, not moving, not doing anything. He’s just lying there…so still. I felt my tears dropping as I tried to not cry.

“No! NO! NO!!!” I backed off from him slightly feeling afraid. “AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” I screamed and shook my head as hard as I can. Before I knew it, I fell into the floor crying out the loudest I’ve ever had. “Eug…” I couldn’t scream as it just felt like too much to and crawled to Taehyung. “Taehyung, wake up,” I shook him. “Stop sleeping!” I cried and shook him harder.

“Jiyeon,” Luna rushed inside the room and held my shoulder.

“Aniya, this can’t be true. Taehyung,” I held his hand tightly. “Wake up, I-I was wrong okay? I promise I won’t let you get hurt anymore because of me. I’m so sorry, I was wrong. This is my mistake, so why are you there like that? Sorry, I’m sorry so please!—…” I shook him harder and harder. “Get up,”  I whispered in desperation.

“Jiyeon…” IU entered the room also and tried to stop me.

“Don’t stop me! Taehyung is going to wake up! He’s just…he’s just…” I started to hit the bed because I didn’t want to hit him. “Aniya, aniya, aniya, aniya!” I shook my head and held tightly onto his hand as I looked at his face. His eyes are closed, closed like they won’t ever open again. “Please wake up. Don’t do this to me Taehyung. Please,” I begged and prayed god so hard. “Open your eyes! Get up! Wake up! Stop sleeping! Don’t die, please!” I cried.

+++

Flashback:

“I’m tired of walking. I’ll be sitting in that café waiting for you guys.” I told IU and Luna and went over to the café to sit down.

I sighed out of relief. Shopping with those two girls is just so horrible. They can’t stop and they’ll spend hours in a store just looking at well…things! I hit my legs hoping I can relief the soreness before they came back and drag me with them again.

“Hello costumer, what would you like to drink or eat?” a staff asked me.

I quickly looked at the menu and said to her, “Can I get a caramel macchiato?”

“Of course, thank you costumer. You’ll drink will be done in no time.” She told me.

We both bowed to one another and she left. I spent at least 15 minutes in there before receiving a text message from IU that Luna they’re going to go to another mall so we should all meet up

“H-Hello,” someone spoke to me as I was packing up my things.

“Yes, what is it?” I looked up and met eyes with a guy that looks a bit like a monkey

“Y-You drop your wallet.” Picked up from the floor and handed it to me

“Oh,” I looked at him surprised but his face got really red. “Thank you…are you alright?” I asked him.

“Yes!” he nodded furiously surprising me.

I let out a laugh and took out my hand to shake his. “Anyways, I’m really thankful for your help. If we meet again, I’ll surely repay you for your kindness.” I told him. He shook my hand and nodded his head. “Oh, what’s your name?” I asked him.

“I’m Oh Taehyung.” He said.

“I’m Park Jiyeon,” I told him.

Who would have thought we’d meet each other again not so long afterwards. As I headed college, I bumped into someone.

“Sorry!” he turned around and I quickly recognized whom he was.

“Oh, you’re…Tae something. I forgot your name but I remember you. How have you been doing?” I asked him as he helped me up.

“Good.” He told me looking a bit frozen.

“Oh well, I have to go to class so if you could give me your phone number, maybe we can find a time to meet up so I can repay you for your kindness.” I told him.

“Yes.” He nodded. We stood silent as he just looks at me without moving.

“Uh, your phone number.” I told him.

“Oh!” he quickly took out his phone and was about to hand it to me. “I mean, wait!” he paused and put it away then took out a sticky note and wrote his number on it before handing it to me. “Here,” he said.

“Thank you,” I smiled trying to contain my laughter at how cute he was acting.

“Yes.” He said and waved goodbye to me and let down a little bow.

“Goodbye,” I copied him and then left to go to class.

We soon made contact with one another and met up to go eat lunch together. I learned a lot about him and thought highly of his caring attitude he had towards others. Before I knew it, we kept meeting up with one another.

///

“Here, you love sweet potato right?” Taehyung handed a bag to me before running away full of sweats.

“Wow, he stopped stuttering.” I let out a smile and looked at the sweet potato that still had steam coming off of them.

///

I was talking to IU and Luna about Taehyung when texted me.

“Ooo, I knew there was something about you two when you introduced him as your friend. I mean, Jiyeon has a guy friend? Her only guy friend was Myungsoo.” Luna told me.

“Shut up,” I smacked her arm.

I texted him back and suddenly I heard lots of “ooo” and “waaa” from IU and Luna. I looked up and see Taehyung walking to me shyly.

“Taehyung,” I smiled waving to him.

“H-Hello,” he bowed to IU them and came over to me. “Sorry to bother you guys but…can I take Jiyeon?” he asked.

“Of course, go ahead you two lovers.” Luna said.

“Luna!” I was about to smack her again but she ran to IU quickly.

///

Before I knew it, I felt fluttery around Taehyung a lot. It was like I was bewitched by his kindness. Or was it his handsomeness. Anyways, he made me grew so fond of him and before I knew it, I began to miss him more and more as time went on.

///

“So!” Taehyung closed his eyes tightly and shouted while holding out some roses, “Will you date me?!”

I looked around as the park was filled with little kids looking at us out of curiosity. “Pabo,” I took his roses and left to the streets where there was less people.

I heard Taehyung chased after me and smiled.

“Sorry!” he suddenly shouted and I looked at him confused. “Just think of me as a friend then.” He told me

This idiot, did he think I rejected him? “There was a reason why I accepted your rose boyfriend! But you already want to break up after less than a minute? Wow~ you’re probably the first person to confess and break up so quickly with the girl you like on earth!” I told him.

“What?! Ani! I’m not breaking up with you!!!” he dashed to my side and held onto my wrist.

I bursted out in laughter at his cuteness and he carefully held my hands making me blush.

///

He soon met my mom and I met his parents. We told them we were in a serious relationship and at first my mom was against Taehyung even though his parents were fine. She said something about Myungsoo but I’m not sure why she was bringing him up. I mean, Myungsoo is a friend while Taehyung is…someone I like. But anyways, my mom grew to like Taehyung who showered her with his awesome ways and she accepted the fact that we were dating.

Flashback Ended.

 

Goodbye Taehyung

I’ll never forget you for anything.

I’m sorry and I’m so thankful towards you. For loving me and for being everything I’ve ever wanted, thank you. Sorry for causing you to leave me.

I watched the fire burn away as his mother’s loud wailing fills the room. I looked at the fire and prayed.

For Taehyung be in the best place possible. Because there’s just so much that he did…and he got repaid so little.

 

Just to show Jiyeon's feelings for it because I didn't think I should skip this kind of part from the story. 

 

Yeah, almost forgot to update.