"Plan Succeeded"

Can I Believe In You?

Myungsoo POV

 

“I’m bored…” Woohyun whined as he rolled on the floor in our room.

“Me too,” Hoya said laying all over the sofa.

“We can’t go and torture anyone too.” Sunggyu who was laying his head on the table looked over at the two.

“I can’t believe you three are actually changing after that girl’s words.” Dongwoo looked at the three of them with shock coming all over his house.

“I don’t want to face such an evil being again, that’s why!” Sunggyu said.

“If we were to complain about evilness, I would definitely say you three beat her.” Sungjong said.

“L, why are you so quiet?” Sungyeol asked me.

“Nothing, I’m going out for a breather.” I told them and left the room.

While walking down the hallways in the building, I see Taehyung talking with some nerdy looking guys.

“Yes, it was so easy so I didn’t understand why so many other people struggle with this finals.” Taehyung was saying.

“I wouldn’t say it wasn’t super easy, but after the professor helped me review with a few examples, I understood what he was saying.” Another short guy answered.

Suddenly, he looked at his phone and exclaimed excitedly “I’m leaving guys!”

“Why? Jiyeon?” one of the long hair dude asked him.

“Yes, she wants to meet up so I’m going first.” Taehyung said and left in a hurry dropping his phone.

“You’re so whipped!” the long hair dude shouted.

“Oh! Taehyung, you dropped your phone!” the short guy shouted but Taehyung was too far to hear by then.

I walked over to those two and they freeze up upon seeing me.

“H-Hello L sunbaenim.” They both bowed to me.

“I’ll take his phone to him for you guys. I own Taehyung an apology.” I told the guys. They looked at me with suspicion as the short hair guy carefully handed it to me. “Don’t worry, I have no intentions of harming him.” I told them and left.

 

Jiyeon POV

 

I yawned waiting for the printer to print my edited work for the weekly magazine columns I’m in charge of. Suddenly my phone buzzes and I took a look. It was from Taehyung.

- - -

Taehyung: Jiyeon-ah, you must be tired from finishing your finals to going to work right? Let’s meet up at this address: XXXXXXXXX

- - -

I smiled at that text and quickly hurried up with my work. As soon as I got all my papers, I put them in a folder and quickly ran to Qri’s room.

“Boss nim, here’s my works for the week. I have to go so can I leave since I’ve finished already?” I asked in a hurry.

“Of course, finals must be hard too. I’m glad that you’ve finished school for this year now.” Qri smiled.

“Thank you, have a great afternoon.” I told her and quickly went to the editor’s room. “Bye Hyomin unnie!” I told Hyomin as I grabbed my bag and sweater before running out the door.

“Okay bye!” I heard Hyomin shouted. “Yah Jiyeon!——phone——back!” I heard something but didn’t care as I rushed outside.

+++

I arrived at this old looking building and looked around for Taehyung confused. “Did I get the right address?” I wondered and went inside my bag but couldn’t find my phone.

“Ahjasshi?” the taxi driver tapped my shoulder making me look up at him. “You have to pay your bills first.” He told me.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” I quickly looked at the amount I had to pay him and gave him the exact cash before getting off the car.

“Jiyeon!” I turned around to see my taxi leaving and another taxi arriving with Taehyung getting out of the car.

“Oh, Taehyung.” I waved to him as he got out and thanked the taxi man there. “Why did you want to meet here?” I asked him.

“What are you talking about? You’re the one who wants to meet here.” Taehyung said to me.

“Huh? What are you talking about? You clearly texted me to come here because you wanted to meet up, not me.” I said.

“Just you wait right there, I’ll show you my phone as pro—huh?” Taehyung searched his sweater’s pocket in anxiety. “I don’t have my phone with me.” he looked at me confused.

“What a day we have, I also don’t have my phone with me.” I told him.

We then looked around one another confused and not sure what to do. “I have a really bad feeling. Let’s go and find a way out of here.” Taehyung grabbed my hands and pulled me close to him.

I suddenly thought of that person and started to shake feeling scared and nervous.

“It’s alright, I’m here.” Taehyung told me.

I looked up at him and held his hands tightly. “If anything happens, you better not try to save me and just take care of yourself you hear that?” I told him.

“What are you going on about?” he looked at me confused and curiously.

“Nothing,” I shake my head.

“We’ll be alright. I don’t know who played such a prank to us but it’s going to be alright.” He told me.

I nodded and we walked together to the main road. “What should we do? There are no cars at all.” I told him worried.

“Let’s just keep walking until we see one then.” He told me.

I nodded in agreement and we headed together down the road while holding hands. Soon, all my fears were forgotten as we playfully talking and played around with one another.

HONK! “Huh?” I stopped poking Taehyung and looked at a car in front of us.

“Excuse me but what are you two youngsters doing out here alone?” an ahjusshi asked us.

“We…got lost so we were looking for a car. I’m sorry sir but can you give us a ride?” Taehyung asked the man.

“Of course, get on. I was worried about leaving here with you two youngsters left behind.” He said.

“Thank you,” Taehyung and me we thanked the ahjusshi.

“But then ahjusshi, what are you doing out here?” I asked wondering why he was here anyways.

“I came back from the village a few miles away from here and just happened to past by.” The man said.

I let my guard off more and we both entered the car.

“I can see you two are a very sweet couple.” The man said.

I blushed upon hearing his words and looked at Taehyung, who was feeling just as shy as I was. “Thank you,” he bowed.

“I’m jealous. Now that my wife and I are older, she doesn’t want to act sweet with me anymore. We both have our children that are all married or living on their own now too.” The man said.

“But still, you must be happy.” I said feeling awed by how much he still loves his wife.

“Of course, now that I’m old, everything seems to go by so quick. It feels like yesterday I told her I love her and then all the sudden we’re old with our lives going on so fast.” He said.

We talked with this kind ahjusshi, who gave us quite a life lesson, as we were reaching town. All the sudden, a tree by the road fell down out of nowhere as we were about to past it and crashed the back here.

“AHHH!!!” I screamed as it slammed down and hit Taehyung and me, nearly hitting the ahjusshi also.

Then I can’t really remember anything afterwards. All I know was that my head was hurting, my arms were hurting, and it felt like every part of me was in pain. I faintly remember Taehyung shaking be before he closed his eyes with me.

Beep…

 

Beep…

 

Beep…

 

Beep…

I opened my eyes to meet the bright world. My whole body seems to ache as I felt it hard to breathe.

“Jiyeon-ah!” my mom ran to my side.

“Jiyeon!” “Jiyeon!!” IU and Luna joined my mom.

“…Taehyung…” I tried to ask about him. I suddenly remembered everything and he was the only person I can think of right now. “…Tae…” I tried to take off the oxygen mask but Luna’s hands blocked it.

“You can see him when you’re a bit better okay?” Luna told me.

Something about her voice gives me a off feeling. It made me very uncomfortable and worried for some reason.

“Why…” I looked at her.

“Our Jiyeon!” I heard Grandma Kim shouted. I looked around me and saw the door opening with Grandpa Kim and her entering the room.

“Jiyeon-ah, are you alright?” Grandpa Kim asked me. They talked with my mom as I kept asking for Taehyung over and over again.

Everyone ignored my words as if they haven’t heard it. I couldn’t stand it anymore and struggled to get out of bed. Luna, mom, and everyone else tried to calm me down but I didn’t want to listen to them anymore.

“Jiyeon, stop it!” IU tried to stop me with Luna as Luna couldn’t hold me back anymore.

“Taehyung is dead!” my mom suddenly shouted.

 

Oh well, my goal was to make him dead at some point, not that I hated him but story plot line and yeah...anyways, enjoy!