Strange? Nawww

Can I Believe In You?

Myungsoo POV

 

I entered the classroom early as usual and lay down on my desk. I put my head down and covered myself with my arms. I listened to music and waited for class to start.

 

I hated making eye contact with my classmates. They’re always so judging towards me in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable. So at one point, I decided that I’d do everything to be ignored. I rather look invisible than to fit into a crowd that will never understand me.

 

The class got noisy as time was passing by. I felt paper balls hitting me, as the boy classmates got noisy and playful. I heard the girl classmates squealing and gossiping like usual. And as I get to my twelfth song, the teacher will be coming into the classroom and stating the beginning of class.

 

I then heard Mr. Yoo clearing his throat as he entered the classroom. “Class, attention!” he said quieting down everyone immediately.

 

I looked up and met eyes with a haughty looking girl who has big eyes. She gave off a feeling that I never saw before. I looked at her curiously unable to take my eyes off of her.

 

“We have a new student with us from now on,” Mr. Yoo’s voice got me out of my trance. “Introduce yourself please,” he said to the girl.

 

“Hello, I’m Park Jiyeon.” She bowed and looked back up.

 

“Please treat her well. She’s now a part of our family. And Jiyeon, you’ll sit…” Mr. Yoo looked around and met eyes with me. “Next to Kim Myungsoo, Myungsoo raise your hand so Jiyeon can find her seat.” Mr. Yoo said.

 

I straighten my back and raised my hand as Jiyeon looked up and met eyes with me. She came next to bowed before sitting down. I quickly looked away from her afraid that I’d get caught in a trance if I look at her again.

 

+++

 

After Hangul class ended, I felt Jiyeon pat my shoulder. Shocked, I looked at her surprised and wide eyed.

 

“Um…excuse me Myungsoo ssi but is this,” she showed me our homework we have to do for this class. “Answer correct? I’m not sure and it doesn’t say anything about it from today’s lecture Mrs. Song taught us or the page it’s suppose to on in the book.” She asked me quietly.

 

I quickly took a look at it. Thank god I understand how to do this. At least I won’t embarrass myself in front of her. I nodded to her.

 

She smiled a relief one that made me wanted to smile with her. “Thank you,” she bowed to me.

 

Jiyeon POV

 

I was about to continue with my homework until two girls approached me. I looked up at them wondering what they wanted.

 

“Hello Jiyeon ssi!” they both greeted me.

 

“Hello,” I bowed to the both of them.

 

“I’m Lee Jieun but you can call me IU.” One of the girls told me.

 

“And I’m Park Sunyoung but you can call me Luna.” The other girl said.

 

“Yes, I’m Park Jiyeon, just call me Jiyeon, I don’t have a nickname.” I told the two of them.

 

“Of course, anyways, it’s lunch time and we’re wondering if you want to eat lunch with us.” Luna said.

 

“Sure,” I turned around to look at Myungsoo and opened my mouth to ask him if he wants to eat lunch with us also but IU suddenly came and pulled me out of my seat.

 

“Then let’s go. I have really delicious homemade lunch that I want to share with you two.” She said.

 

I looked at Myungsoo one last glance before being pulled away by these two.

 

+++

 

“So do you like these pancakes?” IU asked me.

 

“Yes, they’re delicious!” I gave her a thumb up as I ate another one.

 

“I’m so glad we made friends with you. I knew right away when I saw you that we all are going to be a great fit!” Luna clasped her hands together.

 

“Thank you guys for treating me so well.” I told them.

 

“No problem, we like you.” IU said.

 

“Anyways, I saw that you got unlucky with your seatmate.” Luna said.

 

“Huh? Myungsoo ssi? Why?” I asked them confused.

 

“I advise you to not get close with him. There’s a rumor that his family background is messed up and he transferred school because he caused too much trouble.” IU said.

 

“Not only that, no one ever heard him spoke before. He’s a mute!” Luna said.

 

“I don’t see anything bad with that. He looks like a nice guy.” I said.

 

“No way! With that kind of face, I bet he’s a gangster, even a head leader of that gang. Anyways, there are rumors that he’s super scary or else if not that then that he’s super stupid and lives in farm!” IU shakes her head.

 

I couldn’t understand these two but decided to say nothing. Until I see it myself that Myungsoo is such a person, I won’t judge him. So far, he looks like no harm though.

 

Soon it was time to go home after a long day in school. I walked over to the bus stop and sat down on the bench to wait for it. I saw Myungsoo behind me and sighed in relief that I’m not alone. I was getting dark so I got a bit afraid.

 

Myungsoo got on the bus and I followed him. We stood because all the seats were taken. Suddenly some guys entered the bus and were looking straight at me.

 

“It’s nothing Jiyeon. It’s nothing.” I told myself so that I don’t freak out. I saw them smiling to me and coming closer. “It’s alright Jiyeon. It’s alright.” I chanted feeling more afraid.

 

Suddenly someone pulled me into his embrace and the guys walked right passed us. I looked up and met eyes with Myungsoo. He backed off me awkwardly and rubbed his neck.

 

“Thank you,” I told him and took a deep breath. “So are you going home?” I asked him. He nodded looking at me and then not looking at me. “Is your stop around ___ street?” I asked him. He nods again looking a bit surprised. “That’s my stop too. Let’s go together okay?” I asked him. He nods again making me laughed. This guy only knows how to nod. “Stop nodding,” I told him and he was about to nod again but stopped. That made me laughed even more.

 

Myungsoo POV
 

Her laughter made me smiled also. At first I felt awkward helping her at first but she naturally made it disappeared. I was smiling with her as we were riding the bus to our stop.

 

“It’s here!” she quickly got off and I followed right after her. “I live in _____, what about you?” she asked me.

 

I was about to speak but somehow felt myself stopping. If I speak to her, will she want to know more? Will she just be like everyone else?

 

“Well then…I’m going first. See you at school tomorrow Myungsoo.” She waved goodbye to me and left.

 

I sighed and headed home also. My direction was the opposite of hers. I turned around and see her walking further and further away from her. Well, it wouldn’t hurt to check that she reaches home safely right?

 

I ended up following her into an apartment. When she finally went inside, I felt relieve and better and started to head home.

 

“Myungsoo, you’re late today.” grandma spoke as soon as I entered the house. She was watching the TV while sewing.

 

“Sorry grandma, I had something to do quick.” I told her.

 

“Myungsoo,” grandpa came out of my grandparents’ room. “You’re home?” he asked me.

 

“Yes grandpa, did I wake you up?” I asked.

 

“No, come and eat. Grandma set up dinner for us already. She wouldn’t eat unless you came home.” Grandpa headed to the table.

 

“Yes,” I smiled feeling apologetic for making them wait for me.

 

I joined the table with grandpa and grandma came too. We ate and talked about our boring day. Grandpa teased grandma and grandma continued to overfeed me. Life is good when everything goes as it does everyday normally.

 

+++

 

“So for your art homework, I want you guys to work in pairs and draw a landscape with the techniques I taught you guys. That’s your midterm project. Remember, that landscape has to represent something, artists don’t draw without a meaning.” Mr. Ha told the class.

 

I sighed feeling irritated and lonely. No one wants to work with me and if they do get to work with me, they’re going to leave me out like every other time. It’s always me who is going to do the work.

 

“Hey, let’s work together.” Jiyeon’s voice woke me up from my thoughts. I looked at her surprised.

 

Huh? I looked at her confused.

 

“Let’s work together. IU and Luna are partners and I need one. I don’t know anyone else in this classroom other than you and them anyways.” Jiyeon told me.

 

“Jiyeon! Work with Hongbin!” IU shouted.

 

“No thanks, I already found a partner!” Jiyeon shouted to IU and looked at me. “So then partner, when do you want to meet up and do this project?” Jiyeon asked me.

 

My mouth was opened and I was unable to look away from her. She wants to be my partner? She had a choice though. She must have heard of the rumors about me though. So why?

 

“Ayyy, you really won’t speak to me huh? Fine, I’ll set up the date and everything so don’t complain!” she told me sternly.

 

Date? No! Myungsoo, don’t think like that! That was definitely not what she means. We’re just going to work on a project together.

 

“So everyone has a partner?” Mr. Ha asked the class as we quieted down.

 

I zoned out on what he said as I looked at Jiyeon listening to him speak. Why is it that she’s acting like this to me? What does she want? Now that I think of it, does she know something about me? Does she want something from me and is faking to be nice to me?

 

Mom said that beauties are the foxes.