When The Question Mark Became Exigent

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Hi guys! Hope you're doing fine. Since I was absent for these days, I'll post 2 chapters today to make it up. Enjoy~^^

“Like, why wouldn't I? Everyone does. Really. The team wouldn't be the same without you. Your existence gives us confidence in what we do.” Seolhyun spoke rapidly and almost nonstop, voicing every single statement that her mind made up to remove the tension in the air. She wanted to confess, true, but she already planned to do it after the performance. Chanmi had previously told her that they’d have a mini-party before they would head back home, so Seolhyun already practised her words and even rehearsed on her free time. She just didn’t want Hyejeong to be distracted because of the sudden confession during the performance, so she had to wait until then.
Hyejeong attentively listened to her till she stopped buffering, and even sensed her nervousness but tried to ignore it. A small smile pulled at her lips when Seolhyun finished her monologue. She touched Seolhyun’s arm and held it there, caressing the area gently.
“Thank you. Really.” she crooned, her smile and touch forcing the butterflies start to do cartwheels in Seolhyun's stomach. Seolhyun was about to lean forward for a hug, but she thought it would be an excessive movement, since she was always the one who hugged Hyejeong and was never hugged back. Hyejeong only ever brought her hands to touch Seolhyun’s back lightly, but never hugged actually. Seolhyun felt a little saddened by the admission of that, and it must have been captured on her face, because Hyejeong quickly leaned in and embraced her, which was totally unexpected since she never (or maybe extremely rarely) hugged anyone first. That one action dived Seolhyun into a bundle of nerves and she felt like she could soar through the sky. But she managed to snap out of that condition quickly and hug Hyejeong back when she had the chance and time.
“Thank you for being so.. you.” she said, and heard Hyejeong’s soft chuckle before they leaned back and finally made their way to the bed.

In the morning, Seolhyun awoke to the morning light trickling in through the blinds. With a long exhale, she tried to force her body to get up but she felt weak against the enormous need for more sleep. Furthermore, it felt so good to be lying in that big soft bed all cuddled up against...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

She caught her breath in utter surprise when she came to realise that she was snuggling with Hyejeong! She was still unable to make a sense of what was happening, but figured out that somehow during the night she unconsciously ended up in that position, her body molding itself to Hyejeong's and her head somehow coming to rest on Hyejeong's chest. She was pressed up against Hyejeong so tightly and she remembered that she hadn't woken up curled up against anyone, not even her sister or previous roommates. Slowly and carefully, she started moving back to her territory and was deeply relieved to see that Hyejeong was still sleeping. She looked at her helplessly, at how innocent and peaceful she looked in her sleep. Seolhyun couldn't imagine who could have hurt her to the point of making her impassive, cold and stolid human being, of what could she have gone through to become that way. She somehow managed to force her eyes away from Hyejeong's body, but she couldn't do anything about her lips. They were all she could focus on. So tempting, enticing, alluring. She knew Hyejeong was sound asleep and just a quick peck wouldn't hurt. Or, at least, that's what Seolhyun believed. In order to test that, she ran her fingertips up Hyejeong's arm, and the girl didn't react anyhow. She was still asleep.
Seolhyun leaned closer until their breaths mingled, and she closed her eyes to go straight for what she was going to do. Her lips were an inch away, and when she moved nearer, Seolhyun slowly shut her eyes, imagining and having those wild images in her mind that made her slightly uncomfortable. But why was her body longing for something more than this inch apart? She could do it, now was the time…
Just at the moment, she heard the jagged and shattering death knell-like background sound and took fright, uncontrollably crashing against Hyejeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter