When The Question Mark Was Almost Deformed

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s going on here?!” an angry voice filled the room when the door swung open. The two quickly scrambled up and flinched back, while 2 people made their way into the room: the coach and Hyejeong by her side.

Oh my, I need a grave…

“Seolhyun, what does this mean?” the coach’s voice crackled with anger. She turned angrily to remonstrate with Jonghyun. “What are you doing here?” she fumed.
He cleared his throat. “I wanted to tell her something so I came here on my own. She’s not to be blamed.” he confessed.

Oh, at least you know what responsibility is. Idiot.

Before Seolhyun could finish cursing him inside her mind, the coach asked him to wait for her outside while she spoke to Seolhyun. The girls’ practice/locker/shower rooms were all located in the far corner of the school where guys couldn’t go. In order to prevent such incidents, a woman or two were sitting in the hallway or the entrance, making sure guys didn’t sneak in and just keeping order. But today they skipped the working since both were ill.
“Unacceptable! Did you let him in?” the coach rebuked when Jonghyun left and her frown fell upon Seolhyun. Seolhyun was in the grip of silent panic. She had been informed that the coach was strict for real whenever she scolded someone, and she once went up to the point of excluding the person out of the team. It wasn't Seolhyun's fault that Jonghyun followed her all the way down, but how could she prove that?
“My fault, teacher.” suddenly Hyejeong’s voice filled Seolhyun’s senses, leaving no room for anything else. “I was the one who left the door open. I should have seen this coming.” Hyejeong continued.
Cold sweat glistened on Seolhyun's furrowed brow when she heard Hyejeong speak and take the whole blame on herself, even though she had nothing to do with the whole situation. The door was closed when Seolhyun came in. In this frozen state, however, her mind offered her only to remain silent unless she wanted to worsen the situation. Seolhyun turned to the coach and saw the shock register on her face before the woman could hide it behind the frown. She definitely wouldn't scold Hyejeong and she seemed to be well aware that Hyejeong wasn't guilty for anything, but she trusted her nonetheless.
“I want this to be the first and the last time.” she ordered and left the room to take care of Jonghyun now, while the two girls were left alone in the room. Why were they always left on weird and awkward occasions?
Hyejeong in her breath and walked toward her locker. Her expression was clear: she looked annoyed and it wasn't hard to guess what angered her. Seolhyun's heart started to beat as if it would rather just stop.
“Um, unnie.. I’m sorry..” she had absolutely no idea about how to start the conversation. But Hyejeong didn’t reply. “Say something..” Seolhyun pleaded after an engulfing silence.
“I’ll be happy if you don’t bring your boyfriend to a room we all share.” Hyejeong maintained icily.
“He’s not my boyfriend…”
“I don’t care about the details, just make sure he doesn’t come here again.”
“Excuse me…”
Hyejeong sighed heavily and tightened her jaw. She was clearly annoyed and Seolhyun decided not to push hard on her.
“WOW! They revealed the date!” one of the cheerleaders hollered when she literally threw herself in the room.
“What date?” Seolhyun asked.
“Of the match! Our school’s team will be playing against the […] High School of Busan! They said we have to get going on the weekend!”
Seolhyun knew that Choa wouldn’t recover until then, her injure was severe and she needed more time for treatment; so Seolhyun would have to replace her and go with them to Busan for the match. She was happy on one hand, since she'd get to spend much more time with Hyejeong and even had a chance to share a room with her and possibly make a move, but on the other hand, she knew she would have to clear up the whole misunderstandings that took place a few minutes ago, and that troubled her.

Other girls entered the room, cluttering and making noise, each saying how impatient she was to go there. The whole room was filled with sputters and noise, but two girls remained as silent as possible. ‘Kim’ and ‘Shin’.

Hyejeong didn't speak to anyone much for the whole day. Every little thing seemed to infuriate her to no end, yet she was quiet. Meanwhile, Yuna suggested going to Mina’s together with Seolhyun before Seolhyun would have to leave for Busan with the other cheerleaders. But Seolhyun said she’d join her right after she'd finish talking to Hyejeong first. When school finished, she temporarily parted with Yuna and followed her crush. Hyejeong was quiet for almost the entire walk, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter