When The Question Mark Transformed Into An Exclamation Mark

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later…. 

Hyejeong's fingers curled tightly around her pencil, and what she was watching only fuelled the fire that burned inside of her. What was that feeling? Her usually bright eyes were filled with anger and completely turned black in the process of watching Seolhyun with... him. She could clearly hear whatever he was asking Seolhyun. And every time he opened his mouth, she got angrier. 
"Seolhyun-ah..." he cooed. "You know, the vacations are approaching, so I thought.. since you'll be free.. maybe, you would want to go out with me?" 

Hyejeong made an aggressive growl, puffing up her chest and inwardly exploding with anger. That was her limit. She might have looked calm on the outside when she brusquely approached them, but she couldn't swallow her retort anymore and if she had a chance, she would put an end to the guy's existence. Seolhyun was about to give her reply to his request, but she lost her entire concentration when she noticed Hyejeong's presence right next to herself. 
“Excuse me.” Hyejeong mouthed and possessively took and held Seolhyun’s hand, dragging her to her side. “She’s taken.” she added with a y smile, as if politely asking him to leave them alone but annihilating him with a glare at the same time. Seolhyun froze, not daring to say anything since she was too dumbfounded at Hyejeong’s statement. And so was the guy. He just said something in muted tones and slowly stepped backwards, completely leaving their company in a few seconds. 
For some time, they stood in awkward silence, still holding hands until Seolhyun silently drew back and narrowed her eyes. 

Wait… her cheeks… are so pink… is she embarrassed? 

Seolhyun had nearly never seen Hyejeong blush. She was always stoic, so when Seolhyun saw that pink in her cheeks she knew something serious was afoot. 
"What was that for?" Seolhyun looked downward briefly and then asked in a troubled and tired voice. She actually had the choice of losing her temper. She had confessed to Hyejeong. She got asked for some time. They got close. Then Hyejeong slept with her. Then she asked to remain friends. But Seolhyun still chose to keep the peace, but get to talk seriously now. 
"I just hate seeing him with you." Hyejeong winced. 
"Why." Seolhyun repeated her question. 
"Because it annoys me. He thinks he is charged with looking after you. He seeks something that doesn't rightfully belong to him." 

Belong…? 

"Why would you feel bothered by that?" Seolhyun demanded again, but Hyejeong only sighed and said nothing. So Seolhyun went on: "I think you forgot. You asked us to remain friends. Since you said you weren't ready for a relationship yet and--" 
Whatever Seolhyun was going to say was instantly silenced when a pair of lips crashed into hers.  Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. Seolhyun was nearly unprepared, even though she had expected the anger to boil up inside Hyejeong. The memories played in her mind semi-consciously, her senses still being seduced by Hyejeong's kiss. 

— Flashback — 

“Unnie, lately.. is there.. anything wrong.. between Mina unnie and Hyejeong unnie?” Seolhyun asked while doing the homework together with Yuna. 
“Huh?” Yuna was busy solving the math task, but that wasn’t the reason she had to make Seolhyun repeat her question: she earned herself some time to think over what to reply with. And Seolhyun was well aware of that one trait of Yuna, so she didn’t repeat the question and got straight to the main topic. 
“I saw them that time. It looked like they were arguing, but I couldn’t hear them.” 
“Um… they… uh, I don’t know.” Yuna babbled, bringing her gaze back onto her notebook. 
“Were you ever told that you were bad at lying?” 
“Fineee. They've fought.” 

Fought? As expected… they are best friends… but why? 

“Oh…what for, though?” 
“Well… because of you…” 
“What- Me?!” Seolhyun hollered. 
“Hey, be quiet!” Yuna shushed her quickly with a wave, since they were in the classroom. 
“But what have I done wrong to Mina unnie?” Seolhyun inquired. 
“Who told you’ve done anything wrong to her?” 
“But then.. does it mean I’ve done anything wrong to Hyejeong unnie?” 
“You haven’t done anything. Mina just wants Hyejeong to confess her feelings to you.” 

Her.. feelings?… 

“W-what do you mean by that?” 
“Hyejeong denies the fact she likes you. Mina wants her to stop doing that.” 

Denies, huh… what if she really doesn’t feel anything… 

“Why would Mina unnie care about something like that…” Seolhyun lowered her voice and it cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter