When The Question Mark Doubled Up

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And I thought… that you could help me.. but today’s images don’t leave my head.. when I saw who she rejected me for…” his deep raspy voice was filled with the strong feelings that Seolhyun strangely comprehended.
“Wait a second, what did you see? Yuna unnie is dating someone?”
“Don’t act like you don’t know.” his voice reverberated long in Seolhyun’s mind because she really couldn’t make a sense of what she had heard. Yuna had never spoken a word about her own dating life.
“I really have no idea…“ she uttered.
“It doesn’t matter. I was just mad and didn’t know what I was doing, Seolhyun. Please, excuse me if you can.”
“It’s..” she wanted to say it was okay but something stopped her. First, it wasn’t okay. Had it not been the coach’s involvement, her efforts and attempts on getting closer to Hyejeong would pass in vain just because of his reckless mistake. Second, why the hell didn’t she know anything about her best friend's boyfriend?
“I know it’s not fine. But I just wanted to let you know that I’m sorry, and I’ll do anything to make it up for you.”
“Anything?” that was the keyword. She would normally reply with ‘nothing’ to that question, but this was an exceptional case where she had some special wish that only Jonghyun could possibly help her with.
“Yes.” he repeated.
“Then…”
Jonghyun listened to her wish carefully, and he seemed a little dumbfounded at first but he just shrugged and agreed to do his best to fulfil it. With that, he finally left and Seolhyun made her way to Mina's apartment.

“You seriously ignore all of her signals, Seolhyun. You were dizzy enough not to notice how concerned she was today and then she saved you from the coach’s anger AND you still don’t believe she might like you.” Yuna observed. They were sitting on Mina’s bed, who was in the kitchen to bring something for them to drink. 
“Uh-huh. In my dreams.” Seolhyun replied. She obviously wasn’t keeping the track of the conversation since she was too busy thinking of a way to ask Yuna to explain the deal with Jonghyun.
“Nothing is impossible, you know. But anyway… so you’re going soon…”
“Yeah...” Seolhyun muttered, her voice coming out low and tired, and her face looked grey with exhaustion.
“What’s with that face? You could share a room with her.” Yuna winked and poked her playfully.
“Nahh. She’ll probably stay with the coach.”
“Oh…” Yuna suddenly looked away with disgust, as if that statement revolved her somehow.
“What?”
“I just.. you know.. imagined..”
“Gross! You’re even more erted than I am, unnie.” Seolhyun clanged.
“I was going to say I imagined them sharing the bed!”
“That’s exactly what is gross!”
“Sharing a BED, not the night, ert!”
“Oh…” Seolhyun muttered, suppressing the guilty smile on her face. “Well, but if you got what I meant, that means you aren’t all innocent-minded as well, right?” she giggled. “Especially after that anatomy homework with Mina unnie…”
“I’m giving up, you’re simply impossible.” Yuna fell on her back, making herself comfortable on Mina’s bed. “But at least you admit you’re erted. As hell, actually.” she added a few seconds later.
“And you’re still not afraid to stay in this room with me. Alone.” Seolhyun smirked.
“I think it’s time for me to leave…” Yuna acted like she was frightened and moved a little to the side.
“Come on, I was joking!” Seolhyun took the pillow and threw it at her playfully. But what she saw under the pillow was something she should have expected but certainly didn’t.
“Oh, unnie…”
“What?”
“I thought it was a joke, but..” Seolhyun pointed at the anatomy book under Mina’s pillow and burst into hysterical laughter. She then took the book and looked through it, opening a random page. “Oh look, seems like you enjoys reading about you.” she pointed at the image on the page.
“You compare me to the skeleton of this man?” Yuna leaned closer to get a better view of whatever Seolhyun was showing.
“How do you know it’s a man?”
“It’s a bit ugly to be a woman.”
“That’s.. a weird explanation..”
“Ugh, you see, the opening in the pelvis on a man is narrow and heart shaped, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter