When The Question Mark Intensified

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I barely even get to see you.” Yuna complained when she saw Seolhyun during the break. They headed over to the lunchroom.
“I’m sorry. The coach doesn’t even let me blink, she’s extra nervous about the match.” Well, their school’s team was going to play against some other high school located in Busan, so the cheerleader squad’s schedule was kept tense in order to have a good performance.
“How are things going with your soulmate?” Yuna winked.
“Ahh, stop it.” Seolhyun giggled. “She didn’t even read that letter, by the way.”
“Did you expect her to read it in front of you?”
“She even forgot to take it. She left it in the locker room.”
“Well, that was obvious.”
“Why?”
“You see that guy over there?” Yuna pointed in some direction that Seolhyun followed. She knew that guy. He was one of her male friends. Best male friends, actually. But she was unsure if Yuna was aware of that.
“Yeah?”
“It’s him who wrote that.”
“How do you know?”
“Everyone knows that. He had a huge crush on Hyejeong.”
“Had?”
“I bet he still has. But he’s afraid to admit it after that event…”
“Which event?” Seolhyun asked, curiosity rising in her.
“Well, he’s kind of ambitious of power while Hyejeong is freedom-loving. Since Hyejeong was probably the only girl in the whole school who wasn’t crushing on him… he promised himself that he’d make her his.”
“So…?” Seolhyun swallowed, as if Yuna was telling her some scary story. At the same time, she sat on the chair and drank a glass of what seemed like juice.
“So he asked her out.” Yuna said.
“Sooo?” Seolhyun drawled.
“She refused. He tried again. And again. And again. And aga—“
“What happened next?” Seolhyun was growing impatient.
“At last he grew tired and accused her of being arrogant and obsessed with self-importance. In front of everyone. In a harsh way.”
“H-how did Hyejeong unnie react?”
“Nohow. She still ignores him, actually.”
“So.. how come he’s the one who writes the letters then?” Seolhyun blinked and refocused several times.
“That’s what happens when a playboy falls for a lady.” Yuna smirked. “He even talked to Mina and asked her to talk to Hyejeong, to tell her how sorry he was. But he was too haughty to let other people know of his regrets, so by far, you’re the only person I’m telling this to.”
“How do you know then?”
“Oh, I was at Mina’s when he called her.”
“W-what were you doing there?” Seolhyun suddenly leaned forward and refocused.
Yuna’s face crumpled and she eyed Seolhyun weirdly. “..doing homework?” she said.
“Homework? AH I KNOW! You were doing anatomy!” Seolhyun raised her voice and burst into laughter.
“P-ert!” Although Yuna was already used to Seolhyun’s naughty and erted notes, she was earnestly embarrassed since they were in the lunchroom, in the middle of the school’s population. “She’s my friend, can’t I just go over to her house?”
Seolhyun still kept on laughing until she was interrupted by a sharp physical pain. Her eyes suddenly started to water and soon itched, giving a hot feeling. She started dealing with breathing difficulties when her chest felt like it was tightened and it resulted in wheezing. She felt nauseous and experienced tummy pain.
“Seolhyun? Are you okay?” Yuna stood up and approached Seolhyun worriedly, and there was sweat dripping down her back.
“Allergy…” Seolhyun muttered self-consciously, being really used to the symptoms.
“What the hell did you eat?” Yuna looked around, trying to find the meal that could cause the allergic reaction. Her brain was short-circuiting with anxious thoughts.
“I just drank that…” Seolhyun pointed at the juice.
“Allergic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter