When The Question Mark Widened

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Seolhyunnie!” Yuna greeted her in the morning, before the second lesson.
“Hey, Yuna unnie.”
“How did the lesson go?”
“Boring… I want to sleep…”
“Did you spend the night doing homework again?” Yuna frowned.
“Yeah…”
She lied. She wasn’t doing homework. She had finished it long before. She was thinking of her, the girl who popped into her head for no apparent reason, and she wondered if that girl thought of her half as much as Seolhyun thought of her. And that’s when she developed problems with her sleep, she couldn’t shut off her brain when she couldn’t stop thinking.
“Yuna unnie!” A gentle, feminine voice stopped them on their way to the next class. Both girls turned back to see a short but exceedingly graceful girl who was bearing a wide smile on her face. She was attractive in a pretty way, with her adorable almond-shaped eyes and other childlike facial features, topped with exquitely shiny dark brown hair.
“You know what date tomorrow is, right?” she spoke at last, looking at Yuna.
“Your birthday...?” Yuna replied.
“Exactly!” she quickly turned her sight to Seolhyun. “Oh, and you are.. Seohyun, right?”
“Seolhyun.”
“I’m Mina.” The shorter girl smiled politely. “Anyway, I gotta go now. Both of you are invited, so don’t forget to pass by my dorm at around 7pm tomorrow!”
With that, she turned and walked away quickly, catching up with her group of friends.
“So…” Seolhyun glanced at Yuna, and the girl got her without any further words.
“Yes, Hyejeong will be there too.” she smiled.
---
Seolhyun spent hours trying to pick the right clothes and look better. She had to ask for several help with her make-up and everything. She wanted, no, she had to look beautiful even though Yuna spent half of her time assuring her that she was beautiful anyway and that she didn't have to spend extra time.
“Yuna unnie, over here! Oh, hey Seohyun!” Mina called them loudly when they finally entered the house.
“Seolhyun..” Seolhyun corrected her with a polite smile.
“You look beautiful!” Mina said, ignoring her mistake. They thanked and congratulated her, making themselves comfortable at her house at last. As expected, Seolhyun’s eyes automatically started looking for that special person. She looked all around and at last her eyes stopped staring in a certain direction. Seolhyun didn’t believe anyone on the planet could have the same aura or beauty that Hyejeong had. Her hair was like a waterfall of serene light falling glossily over her exposed entrancing shoulders, her eyes and overall look so glamorous and delightful.
“Isn’t that Chanmi talking to Hyejeong?” Seolhyun leaned to Yuna who was taking a couple of drinks for the two of them.
“How do you know Chanmi?” Yuna handed some drink to Seolhyun and turned over to take a look.
“Who doesn’t know her?”
“Yeah, she’s pretty much the school’s girl jock.”
“I guess she’s close to Hyejeong…” Seolhyun said, compressing the ice in the glass with the tubule aggressively.
“Not that much. The usual relationship between the cheerleader and the leader of the girls’ team. And they usually go to work-out together.”
“Wait, did you just call her a cheerleader?”
“Hadn’t I told you? She even won first place in a national competition.”
“You hadn’t. I used to be a cheerleader too, in my school before…” Seolhyun took a sip of the cold drink after having entirely crushed the ice which was getting on her way.
“Why don’t you join the cheerleading squad, then?” Yuna suggested.
“What?”
“Well, you do know the moves and motions, right? Just practice your dance, cheer and chant and go for it. You can also get closer to Hyejeong that way.” Yuna winked. Seolhyun just smiled and turned to look at Hyejeong, who was still speaking to Chanmi and some other girl standing next to them.
“Think about it. She’s an upperclassman. Cheerleading will give you a good opportunity to spend more time with her.”
Yuna’s words made sense and had a true effect on Seolhyun. She just nodded, still keeping her eyes on that special person. “I’ll think.”
---
As time went by, Seolhyun grew tired of walking through coteries to see what they were talking about. At last she started looking for Yuna, and she found her having a conversation in a group of upperclassmen, including Hyejeong and Mina. She walked to stand somewhere near, not venturing to join them all of a sudden. That was, until one short blondie approached her with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter