When The Question Mark Settled Down Into a Routine

With A Question Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Explaining a couple of things before starting this chapter (additional information in case if you are not familiar with the cheerleader positions):
"flyers" are those who jump and go up in the air in a stunt, the "backspots" have to hold the flyers' ankles to keep them steady and make sure they don't fall backwards. They also hold them and help them get up. "Bases" (there are at least 2 of them) hold the flyers' feet and throw them up in the air then catch them. Thanks for your attention.

---

A few days later…
Right after Mina’s birthday, on the next day, Seolhyun met up with the coach and got the necessary information of what would be expected at tryouts. They were over a 3-day period: so she spent the first 2 days learning the cheer and the dance. On the third day, she went all out with spirit and demonstrated some gymnastic techniques like jumping, including herkie and front hurdler, and perfectly performed the tumbling and the rest of the dance in front of the judges. Actually, incoming freshmen would be assigned the freshmen squad, but Seolhyun was exceptionally good so she got immediately transferred to the senior squad. Since she was naturally tall and strongly-built, the coach wanted her as a base or a backspot.
First thing she noticed when she met up with the rest of the team was that Hyejeong was indeed the alpha female in the squad. She was treated like the captain, and Seolhyun wasn’t obviously the only girl who looked up to her. Seolhyun also got to know that Choa was in her team, and she was the flyer since she was shorter and more flexible than the rest of them. Choa was definitely more mature than she seemed at first, and she helped Seolhyun quite a lot to get used to the routine and the overall rules.
“Hyejeong is good at what she does, and sometimes she even scolds us for making mistakes. That’s why we call her the captain.” Choa explained on the first day. She even laughed while telling how Hyejeong got angry with her a couple of times for some stupid mistakes, even though Choa was older than her.

The practice days were Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which had already become Seolhyun’s favorite days of the week and she always looked forward to them.

Although the practices were more likely to be called 'time spent in hell', since they were filled as much running as Seolhyun thought was possible, she enjoyed watching Hyejeong doing various leg exercises and just having a sight on the girl. She even constantly caught herself staring at Hyejeong’s skirt swiftly twirling up or the sweat gleaming on her cleavage, and that’s when she silently complained to herself about how this school was making her a ert.
But that wasn’t even the whole problem she had to deal with. The locker room was both her nightmare and heaven. First time she tried on her cheering outfit, she turned to see Hyejeong, who was also changing her clothes. Her skin was so flawless and unique there was nothing to compare it to. Seolhyun let her eyes wander over her gorgeous body, from her shoulders to her perfect chest, her tiny waist and finally her long, stunning legs.
“Can I have a hand there…” she muttered under her breath. If you asked her, she wasn’t even aware of herself staring at the girl’s body, and she was twice unaware of how she actually pronounced everything she was dreaming of.

“What?” Hyejeong reacted, and Seolhyun panicked when she realised that she had actually been talking to herself.
 
Jeez, dammit! What have I become?!

“I meant… a helping hand.. to zip up my uniform from behind…” She stood up and moved her hair aside, asking for help to fasten the uniform with the zipper. Hyejeong didn’t seem to believe at first but she eventually moved closer and her fingers briefly touched Seolhyun’s back, and tingles and nervous rushes traveled all over Seolhyun's body. Hyejeong's touches felt so natural that Seolhyun was losing that invisible layer of protection on her skin, where she thought Hyejeong’s fingers belonged.
A few days passed like this, with Seolhyun getting to know more of Hyejeong’s habits and carefully watching her. Hyejeong was only once absent due to the preparations for her upcoming exam, and that one training day without Hyejeong was extremely boring and dull for Seolhyun. Choa and other girls were there, but the atmosphere wasn’t the same without Hyejeong, who didn’t do much but just had that special aura. But Seolhyun still couldn’t understand. She got a jittery feeling in her stomach and a flutter of electricity ran through her body whenever she saw her. Was she bearing an emotional affection toward this girl, was it a simple ual desire, was it just an attraction which would last for a month?... The question mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter