008 (Joo, Min, Ki, Show)

Sick Day

KiHyun eventually gathers up the stragglers to help him stuff and tie the chickens and they all have a laugh at JooHoney's shudders and squeels as his dinner repeatedly slips from his grasp. To be honest, Hyunwu didn't know that KiHyun knew how to cook actual grown-up foods or that they had so many pots in the house.


He watches in a daze as KiHyun locates ginger and lemon grass and pepper flakes and onions and a dozen other things Hyunwu can't identify and whips them together like a pro.


By the end of it, there are a plethora of complaints and inquiries as to why they end up eating ramyeon so often when Umma has skills like this, to which KiHyun responds that he simply can't be bothered and JooHeon proceeds to squabble with him.


Hyunwu tunes them out a bit as he falls back onto the couch and MinHyuk follows shortly.

"Are you okay?" MinHyuk asks and Hyunwu stares at him, attempting to project his confusion across the space between them.


"Of course. I'm not the one who's sick." MinHyuk gives him a patient, if slightly patronizing, smile and Hyunwu feels uneasy again.


"That's not what I'm talking about. HoSeok-hyung is in there with HyungWon and you're out here alone. Are you okay?" Hyunwu's face freezes and he defaults to his robot voice when he answers.


"What does that matter? I'm not a kid, I can just be by myself sometimes. Plus, you're sitting right here with me and we're talking. I'm not alone." MinHyuk rolls his eyes in response.


"Why are you so stubborn? I know you both wear glasses, but you're not blind. You can't possibly be that oblivious."


"Oblivious about what?" JooHeon asks, walking in just as Hyunwu was about to open his mouth and say something he'd probably regret.


"Nothing. Nothing already, I give up." MinHyuk leaves the couch and starts fiddling with the TV and game console, literally turning his back on Hyunwu.


"Okay... I'll try asking again later, then. Are you really mad? Or can I get in on this soccer action?" JooHoney asks, carefully inching over to MinHyuk to poke at his side. MinHyuk rolls his eyes again and hands him a controller.


Hyunwu just tries to sink as far into his seat as possible and disappear.