005 (Umma, HyungNu)

Sick Day

Eventually KiHyun comes back and sits by their feet, hand resting fondly on HyungWon's calf and a warm smile on his face.


"JooWon-hyung said it would be alright if we took a day to rest. I was thinking I'd take a quick trip to the market for ingredients and then make boiled chicken after I came back, and then we can just feed him whenever he wakes up. The others will probably hover around all day but, I'll try to keep them occupied or you can take them somewhere if you want to get out and I can watch HyungWon instead. What do you think?"


"It's fine. I'll stay." He replies and KiHyun nods, as though Hyunwu's answer was a given.


"Alright." He says softly and Hyunwu expects him to leave, but he doesn't move.


"He's wearing Ho's jacket, he'll be annoyed when he finally realises." Hyunwu recognizes it now that he's looking, but stays quiet. KiHyun keeps talking.


"It's a wonder he's so attached to you even though you're not all that nice to him. Is it because you're a portable heater maybe?" KiHyun teases and Hyunwu smiles again, stomach tightening a bit in a vague fit of unease.


"Who knows." KiHyun grins and starts to leave.


"I'll head to the market now then, do you want anything?"


"No, thank you."


"Alright. Call if you change your mind."


"Mm." Hyunwu hears ChangKyun asking about HyungWon just before KiHyun shuts the door and it warms him a little how much they all care. It makes them feel like a family.


"They're so loud." HyungWon complains beside him, startling him a little.


"I like how quiet you are." He mumbles and Hyunwu has no idea how to respond. He's spared when HyungWon speaks again.


"The Maknae likes to play pranks, HoSeok and JooHeon are too restless, MinHyuk never stops talking and KiHyun nags too much. You're the only person who's actually quiet. And, you never treat me like a porcelain doll. It's comfortable." Something heavy and warm blooms in Hyunwu's chest at that, but HyungWon is already sleeping again and Hyunwu still doesn't have any words for what's happening in his head so, he shuts his eyes and goes back to sleep.

 

*A/N: The characters feel really weird and kind of shallow so, if I change it, I'll probably change huge chunks of it.*