013 (I.M'n it up with Ki, HyungWonHo and HyungNu)

Sick Day

ChangKyun wakes content with the afterimage of a Boston summer lingering on his skin and his hyungs smiling down at him. He feels oddly shy in the face of their affection after spending so much of his life unsettled.


"Are you hungry?" HoSeok asks and ChanKyun shakes his head.


"Not right now." KiHyun rests a soft hand on his shoulder blade while he speaks.


"Okay. You can go ahead and go back to sleep then and there's boiled chicken if you change your mind." ChanKyun ducks his head in thanks and lays back down. He's not completely used to this yet, this ease or this warmth, but he... There's a part of him that needs this. There's a part of him that's been searching for this feeling his whole life and, though he's still a bit... Withholding, he is trying and he is getting better.


He's finding ground with people he can call family and building a life here. It's kind of amazing.


Having said that: as one of the quieter and more observant members of the group... There are some things he's noticed. Things that, despite himself, he still feels like he's too much an outsider to mention. He loves them and he knows they love him, but he still feels a little too new to breach topics that are too personal or too sensitive.


Like the fact that Hyunwu might be in love with HyungWon.


They're all pretty close and they all love HyungWon... But Hyunwu's love is...


Less safe. Hyunwu's love is the sort of thing people whisper about behind closed doors.
Even though there is nothing wrong or shameful about it, but it's just...


Not decent in the eyes of society. Which ChangKyun thinks is stupid, but whatever for right now.


So much of him wishes he could support his Mat-hyung, but there's just so much at stake and ChangKyun just... He doesn't want to risk what they have; not their friendships nor their careers, so...


So, he closes his eyes, hugs HoSeok and HyungWon tighter and keeps his mouth shut.