003 (Umma, Appa, Maknae Tahl, HoSeokkie, Prince Chae)

Sick Day

As expected, KiHyun eventually comes down to wake everyone up, stopping between their bunks with a raised eyebrow and a million questions on his face when he sees them.


Hyunwu cuts him off with a rushed:


"He has a fever." Which instantly morphs KiHyun's whole demeanour from interrogation to worry.


"I'll get the thermometer. Should we go to the hospital?" But he's halfway to the kitchen before he finishes and Hyunwu doesn't have a chance to answer.


KiHyun comes back with the thermometer, a cold compress and a bottle of water and unhesitingly shoves Hyunwu out of the way to get to HyungWon. It should be grating, but Hyunwu shares the sentiment.


HyungWon struggles and whines but, KiHyun eventually gets the thermometer stuffed into his mouth and the compress onto his forehead before turning to dig for Advil in HoSeok's pill stash. The commotion is enough to rouse HoSeok and he sits up with a garbled:


"Wha're y'lookin' for?" KiHyun doesn't spare him a glance when he replies.


"HyungWon's got a fever." Which has HoSeok jerking awake so violently that he wacks his head on KiHyun's bunk with a hard thwack and a curse. He presses a hand to the top of his skull with a groan, but still gets out of bed and squeezes past KiHyun and Hyunwu to check on his best friend.


He asks:


"Is it bad?" And then pulls out the thermometer to check for himself.


"99.3. He'll be okay as long as it doesn't break 100, right?" KiHyun hums and hands HoSeok some pills.


"Try to get him to swallow these. I'll call JooWon-hyung and wake the others." HoSeok does as he's told, with some difficulty, since HyungWon is latched onto Hyunwu with all the strength he shouldn't have.


"Can I do something?" MinHyuk calls from the doorway, having aptly read the situation without a word.


HoSeok is still fussing, so HyunWu answers.


"I don't think so. Better to just get ready in case we have to finish our schedules."


"Ne~" MinHyuk replies before sidleing along to the bathroom.


"You should go get ready, too. He'll be fine even if you leave for a couple of minutes." He says to HoSeok after watching him flutter uselessly around HyungWon for a minute too long.


"Mm... I guess, but what about you?"


"I'll figure it out. It won't be easy to detach him though." HoSeok hesitates, but eventually he says:


"Mm... Alright. But call me if anything happens." Hyunwu nods and HoSeok leaves with a last brush of HyungWon's bangs. Hyunwu looks away, but he doesn't say anything.

 

 

*A/N: I feel like Hyunwu's characterization is a little off, so I might change it later. Apologies.*