006 (HyungWonHo, HyungNu, I.M)

Sick Day

Hyunwu wakes up again when HyungWon slams a knee into his gut in his haste to get to the bathroom. He thinks HoSeok must be telepathically linked to HyungWon because he goes flying through the room before Hyunwu even registers the first hacks of HyungWon puking.


ChangKyun follows close behind, confused but alert.


"Go get me a cup for water!" HoSeok orders and ChangKyun is quick to comply, tripping slightly as he comes back.


"Rinse and spit, HyungWon. Just rinse and spit." HyungWon does a few times, leaning miserably over the toilet with HoSeok, supporting him from behind, and the maknae and Hyunwu, frozen at the door.


"Here, drink." HyungWon does, irate but grateful as HoSeok dabs at his face with a towel.


"I hate being sick." He grumbles.


"We all do, HyungWon. Feel better?"


"Mm."


"Good. Then let's get you back in bed and check your temperature again. You also need to eat something and drink some more." Hyunwu pulls ChangKyun out of the way as they pass and then stands dumbly as HoSeok lays down with HyungWon and Hyunwu is left with no place to go.


"I'll go see if we have any gatorade left." ChangKyun volunteers, slipping away again.


"Thanks." HoSeok calls after him, and then to Hyunwu:


"You can go. I'll look after him." He feels his face shudder, but HoSeok isn't looking at him and doesn't notice. He stumbles and drifts to the living room and drops onto the makeshift couch without a word.


No one pays him much mind as they return from the market, though MinHyuk at least offers him a pause and a quick smile before going back to what he was doing.


He can hear KiHyun barking orders in the kitchen for a bit before he starts heading to check on HyungWon, barely glancing at Hyunwu as he passes.


The strangest thing about being semi-invisible, even though he's the leader, is that it's not really strange at all. He's never been bothered by the knowledge that HyungWon is just as much the head of Monsta X as Leader ShowNu and he's pretty sure he never will be.


But he doesn't want to think about any of that, so he goes to the kitchen instead.

 

 

*A/N: My dyslexia told me that ChangKyun's name was ChangHyuk and I wrote it that way almost every ing time. Gah.*