First Cold War

Precious Moments

 

First Cold War

You would think after a few dates and midnight meetings, they would be considered boyfriend and girlfriend. Meaning they would be dating exclusively, but apparently not… Not to her at least.

“What do you mean you’re going to meet your oppas.” Spitting out the word oppas like some kind of venom, Jiyong frowned with his eyebrows while inspecting her face for any sign of a prank. He wouldn’t put it past her to joke about something like this, it seemed like she had grown a habit of teasing him.

“It’s just the oppas.” Yoona shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “I promised I would go over to their dorm tonight.”

Glancing quickly at the clock next to him, Jiyong returned his attention back to her. “At eleven PM?” He asked, sounding calmer than he felt.

She blinked her big round orbs at him, not really getting his point. “Don’t worry, I’m used to going over there really late.”

Was she serious? It’s normal for her to go over to some guy’s dorm at midnight? Restraining himself from pulling out his hair, his hands twitched at his sides. “Why are you going there anyways?”

“To spend some quality time with them.” Yoona replied back as if it was the most obvious answer.

“What about me?” he pouted, hoping she would pity him. “You need to spend time with me too.”

“I just did. Stop being a baby.” Standing up to gather her things, Yoona patted Jiyong’s head affectionately.

Eyes following her movements, he suddenly reached out grasping her hand. “They don’t know about us do they?” he asked, surprising himself. It had only been a thought…

“No, only the girls know.” She glanced off to the side, almost as if in guilt.

Her simple answer stunned Jiyong into dropping his hold on her hand. Why hadn’t she told them? According to her, weren’t they supposed to be close friends, almost family, who told each other everything? Was she afraid of telling them about him?... Was she embarrassed to tell them about him? Questions ran through his head faster than the speed of light. With each thought, he found it harder to breathe.

Slipping into her shoes, Yoona moved over to the door. “Do you want me to call you when I get there?”

“No, you don’t need to.” Sometime in between the few minutes that had passed; he had come to the conclusion that, Im Yoona, was more than likely seeing another man. Venting in his own anger, he added on. “In fact, you don’t have to ever call me again.”

“Muwh?” she narrowed her eyes at him.

“If you leave right now, you don’t have to ever call me. Again.” Jiyong stated as plain as day.

Why was he being so petty? Clenching her hand in a fist, Yoona stared back into his as if challenging him. When neither was willing to break the pregnant silence that had formed minutes ago, Yoona exhaled a deep breath. “Fine.” She hissed out before slamming the door in her departure.


A lone figure sat cross-legged on the king-sized bed while practically burning a hole into the cell phone that was in front of him with his stare. With each tick his clock made, Jiyong became more aggravated. Why wasn’t she calling? Did she forget about him? Didn’t she know he had only said those horrible things because he was jealous? What if she was too drunk to get home? Annoyed and overly worried, he grabbed the pillow that was innocently laying next to him, he punched into the pillow several times. Realizing how hysterical he sounded and maybe a little psychotic, he stuffed his face into the pillow to muffle a groan.

Sneaking a glance at his phone, Jiyong had to wonder if it was working correctly. What if he didn’t have any signal? Horrified by that thought his hand reached out to grab the gadget, only to jerk back in surprise when his phone screen flashed brightly. Without looking at the caller ID, he hit the talk button. “Yah! You finally decide to call?” He scolded, trying his best not to sound at all concerned.

There was some shuffling before a voice spoke up. /Oppa?/ Definitely not Yoona.

Pulling away the phone long enough to check the ID, Jiyong put the phone back to his ear. “Yuri?”

/Ne…I’m sorry I had to call this late, but is Yoona with you?/

The questions he had earlier flooded back into his mind. “Isn’t she with you?”

/Aniyo, she’s not home and not picking up her phone either so…/

His eyebrows caressed together into a frown. “What do you mean she’s not home yet?!? It’s already two in the morning!” he exclaimed out, not caring about the fact he could wake up his friends.

/She told me she was going to be with you./

“She left at eleven to go meet her oppas.” There it was again that word that Jiyong had learned to hate in the last few hours.

/Oppas? You mean the Super Juniors?...Well that would make sense…/ she spoke softly, probably more to herself than him. /Okay, sorry for bothering you oppa. Good night./

“Wait, will you let me know when she gets home?” he added on quickly, praying she wouldn’t ask why.

/Eh? I don’t think Yoong’s going to come back tonight./ Yuri replied back hesitantly almost as if afraid she would anger him. /But don’t worry though, she’s safe there, this happens all the time./

The phone slipped through Jiyong’s fingers landing softly on the bed. This happens all the time…


Heaving himself up twenty flights of stairs, Jiyong gasped for air as leaned against the wall. That’s it, he was definitely going to hit the gym with Taeyang and Daesung the next time they went. Adjusting the baseball cap to better cover his face, he took a big gulp of air before pressing the door bell. It was now or never, heaven or hell…

Cold sweat started to form once he heard footsteps behind the door. All thoughts stopped when the door swung open revealing a startled Yoona. He froze momentarily. Before he could open his mouth to form any words, the door slammed shut in his face.  Okay…that had not gone as planned. Taking another deep breath he hit the doorbell rang. Unfortunately for him, unlike last time, no one answered the door.

Not one to give up easily, Jiyong kept pressing the bell. After five long excruciating minutes the door finally swung open again. “Will you stop?!?” A very irritated Yoona glared at him.

“Only if you’ll talk to me.” He stared back at her with determined eyes.

“Fine.” She huffed. Darting a few quick looks around the floor, Yoona dragged him inside her dorm. Thank goodness the rest of the girls were out.

“Talk.” She demanded, not bothering to offer anything to drink or anywhere to sit. But he had expected as much since he did pull an ultimatum on her. 

He opened his mouth like he had rehearsed and then his mind went blank. Nothing would come out of his mouth no matter how many times he opened and closed them. Her irritated look combined with her foot tapping on the floor wasn’t helping either.

Throwing her hands up in the air in frustration, Yoona pursed her lips into a thin line. “If you’re not going to talk, then you can leave.” Briskly walking towards him, she pushed him towards the front door.

 Taking advantage of her being so near, Jiyong grasped both of her hands with his. “Mianhe.” He whispered for her to hear as she fought against him to free herself. “Yoong.” Instantly, her struggling stopped while her head limped onto her chest. “Please look at me.” When she refused to meet his gaze, forgetting his own pride, he dropped to his knees catching her by surprise.

“Wh-What are you doing?” Stuttering over her words, she tried to pull him to stand.

Shaking his head, Jiyong stayed put on the floor. “Not unless you forgive me.”

“Yah!” Yoona nudged his side with her foot. “Then you can stay there for all you want, as if I care.”

“Cruel.” He muttered under his breath.

A hand flew to his shoulder in a smack causing Jiyong to flinch from pain. “Excuse me?!?” Yoona exclaimed out.

“Mianhe. I shouldn’t have given you the ultimatum that day. I know they’re like a family to you so I shouldn’t have depraved you, your time with them. But to be fair, I need you to spend time with me too; you were gone for a month…” Out of panic, he blurted out his feelings. He hoped he hadn’t come on to strong and scared her off.

Just to torture him for all the pain he’s put her trough, she observed him quietly for a few minutes before speaking. “It took you a week to come up with this? Somehow I’m not very impressed, I mean with all the news of you being a romantic I would expected something more.”

With each remark she made, he paled in complexion. He hadn’t really thought about that, he had been too busy fighting with himself whether to some and find her or just keep the cold war going. By the time he figured that problem, Jiyong had to figure out how to apologize and get her to give him another chance without sounding desperate. “Eh…” Dumbfounded and shocked, Jiyong dropped his hands that had been previously holding onto hers.

“Kidding.”

His head shot up.

“You’re forgiven, since you did get on the floor and all.”

“Jinja?” He couldn’t believe his ears. And when she nodded, Jiyong jumped up in excitement. Catching her by surprise he wrapped his arms around her petite waist before swinging her around in a circle.

“Yah! Put me down.” She laughed out, hitting him on the arms.

Obeying her wishes, he set her down gently on her feet. “Kamsamnida.” He shot her a boyish grin.

Crossing her arms, Yoona pouted her lips. “There had better not be a second time. I hate it when I’m being ignored.”

“Ignored? You didn’t even call me or text how can you be ignored?” Jiyong pointed out and she narrowed her eyes threateningly. “Arraso, I promise there won’t be a second time.” Wow. Can you say whipped? He could almost imagine s say, but he didn’t care.

“Did you want to come in?”

“Ani, I have to go back. I just wanted to see you…” Reaching out to clasp their hands together, Jiyong gulped. “I do have a question though.”

“Shoot.”

“Why didn’t you tell your oppas about us?” The question had been plaguing him for days, yet he still couldn’t come up with an answer that he liked.

Casting her eyes to the side, Yoona felt a blush coming on. “Be-because we haven’t defined what our relationship us.” Already turning in the same color as a tomato, she avoided his gaze.

“Wha-? But we’ve gone more than a few dates...” he trailed off, blinking several times.

“Yeah, but we’ve never really talked about it.” Why did he have to be so dense? “A girl, I, can’t just assume that we’re-”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He blurted out, effectively shushing her.

Balling her hand into a fist, she hit him, hard. “Took you long enough.”


 

A/N: ^ ^; Hey guys it's been a while. So the idea for this chapter just came randomly to me when I was thinking of putting this story on temporary hiatus...Yes, I'm thinking of taking a hiatus only because I'm not sure where to go from here. But who knows if a sudden idea comes to me I'll probably end up writing for GYoon again. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, leave a comment. XP That always leaves me encouraged to write more.