Chapter 9

Unfailing Love

 

"Gui, can you hear me? Gui, it's mommy! Xiao Lu! Xiao Lu! Call Doctor Teo, right now! Gui! Gui! Hurry!" shouted Mrs. Joo. She took out her cell phone and called Genie. She didn't know where they are at, but she wanted them come back. Tears starts to form, she didn't even bother to fight them off. On the fourth ring, Genie picked up her phone.

"Hello??" she asked.

"Genie, Gui...Gui she fainted!" sobbed Mrs. Joo. Genie couldn't really hear Mrs. Joo through all of her sobbing.

"What happened? I can't hear you. Auntie, I can't hear you through your sobbing. What happened?" she asked again. Mrs. Joo repeated herself, but she was still sobbing.

"Auntie, what's wrong?" asked Genie. Mrs. Joo gave up talking to Genie and handed the phone to Xiao Lu.

"Miss Genie, you and the young masters need to come back. Gui fainted and Mrs. Joo is crying," said Xiao Lu. Genie hung up and told Danson to make a u turn. Aaron and Danson just stared at Genie.

"Why do we have to make a u turn, when you're almost at your house?" asked Danson. Genie looked at Danson was tears in her eyes.

"It's Gui...she...she fainted!" shouted Genie. Danson and Aaron stared at her. "Danson, please make a u turn!" He made a u turn and drove as fast as he can. Twenty minutes later, they arrived at Gui's house. They saw that Mrs. Joo was crying and her husband was hugging her. The maids and servants stood by the side, crying. Aaron, Danson, and Genie rushed up to Mr and Mrs Joo. When they saw the them, Mr Joo just gave them a sad look.

"What happened?" asked Danson, "she was fine when were still here, at least until she got mad at us."

"We don't know. She is getting a check up. Doctor Teo will explain it to us, once he's done with her. I'm not sure what happened. Xiao Lu said that they saw her in the bathroom, but she had already fainted," he said. Genie sat next to Mrs Joo and hugged her. Mr. Joo, Aaron, and Danson stood off the to side and watched the two women embracing each other. Ten minutes later, Doctor Teo came down. He gave them a disappointed look.

"Mr and Mrs Joo, why didn't you follow my conditions?" he said bitterly, "I told you two already! Why didn't you take care of her! What are these maids and servants for?! I can't believe that a few hours after her release, she needs to get check in again! Why didn't you two watch her? I know that you two were probably in my office, but why can't you tell the maids to watch her! I told you that even though she is stronger than before, she is still weak. This just proves that you two are irresponsible parents. Tomorrow, I want you two to check her back into the hospital." With that saying, he left. Aaron and Danson didn't know what to do.

Mr Joo walked slowly up to his room. He blamed himself. He wasn't a responsible parent. How can he let this happen to Gui? He didn't want Gui to get check in again, but he knew that Doctor Teo was right. They were irresponsible parents. How can they not take care of Gui? How can they let such thing happened to her? He called his mother for the first time since they moved to Taiwan and cried. His mother comforted him and told him that she will come and stay with them.

Aaron, Danson, Genie, and Mrs Joo went up to Gui's room. She was lying on the bed. Mrs Joo went and sat on her bed, while the other three stood of to the side. They didn't know what to do. It was their fault that she was like this. Aaron, Danson and Genie each blamed themselves for what happened. Tears fell. All sorts of emotions ran wild. Anger. Disappointment. Sadness. Guilt. They watched Gui throughout the night.

Aaron slept on the couch in her room, while Danson slept on a chair. Genie and Mrs Joo slept by Gui's side. At around dawn, Mr. Joo woke up and noticed that his wife was not in the room. He went to Gui's room and saw them in her room. Gui's room was warm, but it was still cold. He left and returned with blankets. He placed one on Danson, one on Aaron, one on Genie and one on his wife. He watched as the slept. He left Gui's room and went into the kitchen. He cried. He didn't notice that Calvin was in the kitchen, until he walked up to him. Mr Joo stared at Calvin. Calvin was just like a son to him. He held Mr Joo into his arms and cried with him. No one had expected this to happen within hours of her release.