Chapter 5

Unfailing Love

 

The next day, Aaron didn't feel like going to school. He asked Danson to help him convince his parents to let him take a day off. When his parents and brother left for work, Aaron decided to go get some yarn to make Gui a bracelet. When he got to the mall, he went to the arts and craft section, and bought different colored yarns. When he was leaving, he walked past the Disney Store. He knew that Gui loved Stitch, so he went in and bought her a Stitch doll. He bought her the biggest one that they had on stock.

When he got home, he went to his room and got started on the bracelet. He spent two hours working on the bracelet. When he was done, he put to bracelet in a box and wrapped it. He spent the rest of the day, doing nothing. He was bored out of his mind. He wanted to visit Gui, but he knew that she would question him, and he didn't want her to know that he had skip school because he couldn't take the loneliness.

When it was five, Aaron went downstairs to wait for his parents and brother. When they arrived, they had dinner and went to the hospital. Aaron already knew what to tell Gui when she asked him about school. She was supposed to get a tutor, but she didn't want to bother anyone, so she asked Principal Wang, not to get her one. She was behind, but Principal Wang didn't complain nor her teachers, they knew that Gui was in the hospital ill.

When the Yan family arrived at the hospital, they noticed that there were more people than usual. They didn't know any of the new people that were outside of Gui's room. When the got closer, everyone stopped talking and stared at them. One of the girls that were standing next to Genie, walked up to them and introduced herself to Aaron and Danson.

"Hello, my name is Chen Qiao En, but you can call me Joe. I'm Gui Gui's second cousin," she smiled. Aaron didn't know why she was smiling, but he smiled back at her. He wasn't in the mood for smiling, but he wanted to be polite.

"Hi, my name is Yan Ya Lun, but you can call Aaron, and this is my brother Yu Zhe, but you can call him Danson," he introduced himself and his brother.

"Nice to meet you. So...I believe that you are Gui's handsome and smart boyfriend," she said pointing to Aaron.

"How did you know?" asked Aaron.

"A little birdy told me," she answered. Aaron just stared at her. As the hour went by, he met most of Gui's cousins, both Korean and Taiwanese. They came to support her family and to get a blood test done. Aaron knew that everyone loves Gui, but today for the first time, he saw how loved she was. Meeting Gui's family brought a great sense of warmth and comfort for Mr. and Mrs. Yan.

The Yan family stayed for a couple of hours before leaving. On the way home, they talked about Gui's family. They were glad that there were more people who are willing to help out. Everyone was talking, except Aaron. He was quiet the whole ride home. He didn't want to say anything. He was happy to meet her family, but he was still sad. They were helping her out, but there was still a chance that none of them were a match. Thinking about this made him even sadder.

When they got home, he went straight to his room. Danson watched as he went up the stairs. Danson knew that it was hard for Aaron, but it wasn't only hard on him, it was hard on everyone. Danson knew that Gui was happy, seeing her family, and that everyone was smiling, but there was that unspoken sadness in the air. When Aaron got to his room, he walked to his desk. He his laptop. He took out his phone and something fell out of his phone. He picked up the note and read it.

note:
Aaron, you must be strong. Jia You! We will be here supporting you. I know that you love Gui with all of your heart, but you have to prove it to her. I know that she will eventually make you choose. Remember, that we are here for you, and when she does force you to make a choice, pick the one from your heart. The most sincere answer is the one in your heart. Good Luck!

-Chen Qiao En and family-

Tears rolled down his cheek. He just met her family hours ago, and they are supporting him, blessing him, and they are on his side. He was touched by the note. He didn't know when Qiao En had slipped the note in his pocket, but he knew that she wanted to support him. He pinned to note onto this billboard. As he was pinning the note onto his billboard, he noticed that there was another note, one that he had never noticed it before. He stared at the writing, then recognized it right away. He read the note, without hesitation.

note pinned on the wall:
Aaron Yan Ya Lun! Surprise! I know that you are at school at this time and that I should be in the hospital, but I couldn't stand sleeping in all day, so I asked my mother to bring me here. You're parents asked the maids and servants to let us in. I know that this is hard on you. I'm sorry for never telling you about my sickness, but I always knew that you will be there for me. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I love you! Also, I just wanted to remind you that you will always be in my heart, no matter what happens in the future.

-Your little Ghost-

Reading the note made him cry, he hadn't expected her to come over. Seeing how much Gui loved him, made him stronger. He checked his email and called Wu Chun for that day's assignment. He wanted to tell Wu Chun, but he knew that it wasn't time yet. Sensing that something was wrong, Wu Chun didn't ask Aaron why he didn't attend school. Somehow he knew that Aaron was going through something. After talking to Wu Chun, he went to sleep.