Ice Cream Sandwich

너에게 간다 (I'm Going To You) | Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow, Myungsoo managed to keep his hyungs from sleeping over that night. Sungyeol's mother called him and wanted him to stay for the weekend, and Woohyun had gone somewhere else. He knew, though, that it was inevitable and they would pester him again the next day, but for now, he was glad that he was alone. He didn't want to cook dinner, and he was tired of ordering food all the time, so he went down to the convenience store to fix himself some ramyeon and triangle kimbab. And yes, because he was sort of hoping to bump into that girl again.

Putting his hood up, he sipped some of the broth and stared outside the glass window. He had brought a couple pages from his script and he was memorizing them when the bell rang indicating that a customer came in. Myungsoo lifted his head up to look, and he smiled when he saw it was her. She made a beeline for the freezer and rummaged through it. His smile went wider, knowing what she was looking for. Myungsoo had hidden the last two he found earlier and he clapped inwardly at his genius. Myungsoo threw the leftover broth and ramyeon cup in the trash and went to the freezer, too.

Of course, she was still looking for the Bbangdo-a and she couldn't find any. He knew he hid them well. The freezer was wide enough for the two of them, and Myungsoo reached over and pretended to be looking for something, too. After three feints, his hand reached for where he hid the last two pieces. There were three left before, but he had already eaten the other one. He had been waiting there for two hours already.

He saw her staring at what he was holding in his hand. Trying to summon the actor in him, Myungsoo put on a blank face and went to the counter to pay for them. As natural as he could, he went outside the store and stood there for a bit to open one of the icecream sandwich. Behind him, the door opened again. He coolly turned and their eyes met. If his memory served him right, that was the first time that the girl actually looked at him. He gulped, feeling something turn in his stomach. Probably because he was eating ice cream just after he ate ramyeon. She was practically staring at him, and he suddenly didn't know what to do.

Before he knew it, his other hand was held up, offering the other piece of icecream to her. He saw her expression totally changed. "Want one?" he asked.

She hesitated for a moment, then her hand went out of her pocket and reached for the icecream. "Let me pay you back."

"Nah," Myungsoo said. "That's me saying sorry for taking your Iced Americano the other day."

"That was you?" she said, now a bit friendlier. Another genius point for Kim Myungsoo! She even laughed a bit. "You must have been shocked by the taste."

"A bit," Myungsoo replied, laughing along. "I considered suing the coffee shop."

"Oh no. That was the only decent shop around here," she said. "They sell good pastries, too. You gotta have one of those special cupcakes. They're heaven. And the chocolate moist cake, they're to die for."

"I'm on a diet though."

"And you bought two bbangdoas?" she commented. "Sure."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter