Fishbread and... Beer?

너에게 간다 (I'm Going To You) | Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun was craving beer that night. She deserved some celebration after she came back from Japan. She had successfully mingled with her coworkers, and even met those really uncelebrity-like celebrities. Yeorin had shown her their music videos--Jieun had missed their shoot when she went to visit her old school--and wouldn't be able to tell they were the same people. Aside from that, she was paying attention to their detailed surroundings and knew that her part in the actual production wasn't something that didn't matter.

And so she had decided to watch some of those music videos she now had to design the environment of, pushing her to turn on the tv and change it to channels she didn't even know she was subscribed to. She couldn't recognize any of them... well, except for BoA, of course. There was one part of her life when she looked up to that great dancer. 

"They don't really care about the surroundings," one of her team had said. "They only want to see the artists."

"Yeah, but shouldn't that be the reason why we'd want to make a difference?" she told that member. "If they don't pay attention to it, then we have to make them."

And that was exactly what she was talking about when a guy with his top off kept singing in her tv and everything was black and grey. The song was good, no doubt about that, but she didn't get the video. It was very western, and she didn't really like it.

"I need that beer," she thought out loud, making Kira look at her. "What? I deserve something. C'mon. It's like I care if that made me fat." Because no matter how much she ate, she didn't gain anything. And she tried to gain weight ages ago, just so she could alter her appearance a little bit--no sir. She wasn't that lucky.

She rubbed Kira's head and grabbed a jacket to head out. The song in the tv stuck to her head though. So did his abs. She was humming to the song as she walked down the road to the convenience store. She got four cans and paid for it, then decided she also craved for fish breads. She thanked Yijyeong, the high school girl working part time in that store and headed out near the park where an uncle selling fishbread usually was.

"Good evening, uncle," she greeted the man. "Give me five of them please."

"Are you going to eat them by yourself?" the man asked.

"Nah, I'm giving some to my dog," she told him politely. She took the paper bag from him and bowed her thanks. "I hope you sell all of them today."

"I just did, thanks to you," the man chuckled. "I added an extra one for your dog."

"Thanks! Good night, uncle!" 

"Eo? Jieun-ssi?"

She turned around when she heard her name and she involuntarily took a step back. She almost bumped at him. "Myungsoo-ssi. Hi."

"Fishbread? Beer? Are you having a party?" He smiled, flashing his deep dimples. Jieun didn't really want to avert her eyes, but they automatically fell to the paperbag she was carrying. She reached out her hand. "Want one? Uncle gave me an extra."

"You always get free stuff," Myungsoo noticed. "You got some sorcery going on, don't you?" She laughed at that as he took the paper bag from her and helped himself. "Perfect. I'm starving." He pointed to the direction of their block. "Are you going home?" She nodded. "You like walking alone at night?"

She looked at her watch that said it was a few minutes past eight thirty. "It's still early. Besides, it's not that far."

"Did you know that Seoul's crime rate increased seventeen percent since last year?" he said, walking along side her. "It's dangerous for a girl to travel alone even for short distances."

"You're actually right," she said, nodding. "I'll bring Kira next time."

Myungsoo was looking at the dark playground. He glanced at Jieun and smiled. "Did you get an extra beer?" She smiled back and handed him one from the bag she was carrying. Myunsoo led them to the playground as he opened the can and handed it to her. He then took the whole bag from her and opened a can for himself. He placed the remaining cans on top of the slide's staircase and sat there.

Suddenly he heard her chuckle.

"What is it?" Myungsoo asked, worried he might have something on his face.

"Nothing. I just realized something." She kept smiling, and Myungsoo couldn't help but do the same even though he didn't know what it was about. "I said earlier, I'll bring Kira. Right now, I'm with L." On the animation, Death Note, the main character's names were L and Kira.

This time, he laughed to. "Right, righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter