Search For It

너에게 간다 (I'm Going To You) | Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun stared at the remnants of the shoes.

"It's really my fault. I must have left the door to my closet unlocked--you see my dog knows how to open doors. He could've turned the knob and found a pair of unfamiliar shoes with unfamiliar scent and decided to make himself acqainted with it."

That was the longest sentence he had heard from her so far.

"I'm going to pay for this, really. How much are they?"

Woohyun bit his lower lip, thinking hard. "I told you, they're not mine. I have to ask him."

She took out her wallet and counted how much she got in it. She took out some bills and handed them to Woohyun. "Here. This is all I got with me for now, I promise to pay the rest of them in a couple of days. Give me the number and I'll wire it to you."

There goes Woohyun's plan of subtly putting the shoes back in Myungsoo's car where he found them. How was he going to explain this one? His dongsaeng will be mad about this. Should he take this secret to the grave?

"Do you know how much trouble you put me in?" he asked her.

"Me wearing your shoes were your idea."

"That was because you didn't want me to drive you home!"

"If you hadn't turned through that alley, you wouldn't have to, in the first place."

"It was a dark alley!" Woohyun snapped back. "Why would a girl go that way all alone? Do you know how dangerous that alley was? If I hadn't turned that way, do you know what could've happened to you?"

"Probably still have one more pair of good shoes." She was good at talking, almost as good as Woohyun, who just sighed in exasperation. "I'll compensate the damages. Don't worry. I want to be rid of you as soon as possible, so I'll get the money."

Woohyun picked up one of the shoes. "You don't understand. This is a limited edition. And he got this from Tokyo. Even if you give me double the price, I'll never get one of these." And this girl had no idea how much Myungsoo loved these shoes. "His eyes practically shined when he saw them... Our poor L."

"I have connections in Tokyo. I'll find one."

Woohyun's phone suddenly rang. He looked at the caller ID and almost had a heart attack. It was Myungsoo.

"Hyung, everybody's looking for you," Myungsoo said as soon as Woohyun picked up. "I just arrived at the restaurant. Where are you? They said you disappeared?"

"Me? I had to go somewhere."

"Then come back here quickly. We're going back to the company. We're discussing the next track list."

Woohyun had submitted two of his compositions in the hopes of those being included in the tracklist of their next upcoming full album. In his seat, he jumped up and down. "I'll be there like LTE." He ended the call and looked at the girl in front of him. "For now, keep these shoes until you find one of these. I'll pay for half the price, since it's also my fault. Although it has nothing to do with me that you couldn't keep your dog away from such precious shoes. Let me know if you have any news of it. I have to go now."

Without waiting for her reply, Woohyun got up and went to the next booth where s were.


****************


Infinite members were riding their van to their schedule, a photoshoot for a magazine

"Hyung."

"Hmmm?" Sungyeol's eyes didn't leave his tablet when Myungsoo called him.

"Did I get ugly these days?"

Sungyeol burst out laughing. "What are you talking about? If you're ugly, what would we be, then? Aren't you being too mean to us? If you're ugly, none of us would have the right to be a celebrity."

"When Myungsoo talks like that something's up," Woohyun said. As if to confirm Woohyun's words, Myungsoo stared out the window as if he was filming a music video. "Look at him. Ya. Did someone ignore you or something?" When Myungsoo didn't reply, Woohyun and Sungyeol snickered. "Heol. Someone ignored your looks?"

"Are you dating again?" Sungyeol asked. "Why didn't you tell me? Who is it this time? Which girl group? Or is it an actress this time?"

"Eyy. I'm not da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter