005: Journey

A Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on A Baby's Breath:

"Hyung, I need you to tell me an estimate of Hailey's contract if it were to be canceled."

"90,000?"

"Pay it off."

"That's done? Good. Also, find us an apartment."

"He paid off your contract?" Ashley asked, jerking up on her bed and hitting her head hard against the ceiling, Hailey hearing the loud thud and a moan of pain, followed by a loud curse. "Goddamn it!"

Hailey opened her eyes, slowly moving closer to the edge of her mattress, peeking up while her sister leaned over the edge of her bed, meeting her sister's eyes, whose emotions were easy to read. She was happy and that made Hailey confused, quite confused. Wasn't she upset? She was leaving their group, she had every single right to be upset. In the end, she felt like she was leaving behind her a broken home and her sister dealing with it. She wasn't actually leaving, Kai was taking her with him and if she looked at the reasons why he was doing it, she couldn't really argue with him. She didn't know his reasons but he was clearly concerned and taking responsibility over their child and she appreciated it. She just didn't know how to show him she appreciated it.

There wasn't really any awkwardness between them, which she felt would make the following eight months smooth ones. She wasn't planning on staying for long, she just couldn't, her pride wouldn't let her and she also didn't want to take advantage of him. She would have to do something with her life during those eight months, she didn't wish to depend on her child's father, at all. But just this once, for her child's sake.

"He did. I don't know why, really..." Ashley smiled brightly down at her sister, reaching with her hand, Hailey also reaching and holding it. The younger gently shook her hand, gleeful.

"Isn't it obviously?"

"What is?" Hailey raised an eyebrow, still holding onto her sisters hand while her sister smiled down at her, obviously in the mood to tease.

"He likes you." Ashley whispered, leaning slightly down, holding safely onto the metal bars besides her mattress to keep herself from falling over.

"He does not? He's obliged to, Ashley. I'm pregnant, with his child." She took a deep breath, tugging hard on her sister's hand and using it to force herself to sit.

"If you say so."

"Oh my ing God, shut the hell up. Some of us need sleep." Claire mumbled from under her pillows, talking from the single bed on the corner. "Besides, you still need a lawyer to finalize the cancelation. Wish you luck paying one of those."

"Mr. Lee, we hope you bring us good news about your meeting with Bright Entertainment." Mr. Noh said, bowing at the lawyer of SM Entertainment and shaking his hand after. The older man sighed softly, shaking his hand and running a hand through his white hair after, clearly feeling like a failure after his meeting with Bright Entertainment's lawyer. He shook his head, placing his suitcase by the armchair before taking a seat. "Not so, Mr. Noh."

"Oh, what did they object to? They are receiving their money, all through legal channels, so why do you think they are refusing? Should we take them to court?" Mr. Noh asked, clearly confused over the small company's actions. They were violating Hailey's rights and could be easily brought down through court for those reasons, but then again, that would make Hailey be in the spotlight again.

"They threatened us." The lawyer said, looking at the manager in the eye, letting him know they had given them a hard case. "Normally, I would not care and press them, but they threatened to expose Miss Kim's pregnancy, I don't believe that's something we wanted to happen." The lawyer continued, taking the cup of coffee that was offered to him by his secretary, nodding towards her before looking over at EXO's manager. He had leaned back, a frown on his face as he was clearly beyond puzzled.

"So what did you do...?" The manager asked after a while, clearing his throat and looking at the lawyer, who was placing down papers on his coffee table. "I struck a deal."

"And it involved?"

"Miss Kim will have one last comeback with NYX; I made arrangements for her to be properly taken care of during the period of preparation and comeback itself. Miss Kim will not be forced to do anything she physically can't or feels like she can't do, she will be given rests, which I made sure they would give her in her apartment, not in the company's dorm, and she shall be given a sustainable diet that won't harm her or child in process."

"I made them agree to have Miss Kim accompanied by SM staff at all times, she will also be transported by SM to shows, events and even practices, they already made arrangements to allow them in. If Miss Kim were to show any signs of pregnancy in front of cameras, they've agreed to let the SM team deal with press through Bright Entertainment's channels. Promotions will end before she hits her fourth month of pregnancy which gives them only a month and half to start and finish the promotions, in which the contract will be completely nullified, breaking off any legal bonds Miss Kim currently has with the company, also taking away their rights to release any information about her." Mr. Noh nodded, quite content with the lawyer's work.

"I am happy with these arrangements, I will make sure to discuss them with Miss Kim and Jongin." The manager sighed, standing up along with the lawyer, shaking his hand before uttering. "They are moving in together today."

  Hailey sat on the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter