004: Dream

A Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on A Baby's Breath:

"Are you willing to give up being an idol?"

"Yes."

Kai was not taken aback by her answer. He did not know if he just wanted her to say that and truly expected it would happen, but he was not surprised. She hadn't taken longer than five seconds to answer him and that was the only part that worried her. What if she hadn't thought deeply about it? He did not wish for her to give up something she wanted, even when he did not know that was not something she wanted.

Hailey never wished for the idol life. She was good at dancing and her singing was a little above average between female idols; she could reach those high-notes if needed, could control her breathing better than most and finally, her voice was sweet to listen to. That did not change that her dream was never to be an idol. That was something no one knew, well two people in this world knew it, one had passed and the other had cut communications with Ashley and her. She was speaking about her parents. Another reason to have this child was to give him all Hailey was never allowed to have: liberty to make his own choices, unconditional love from his mother and father, along with endless support. Her parents were also the ones that chose her life as an idol, refusing to pay for her university after she was done with high school, graduating with stellar grades and some scholarships, yet they weren't enough to cover the cost of her studies.

"Kai..." She whispered, realizing things again, things that had not crossed her mind before. She looked up at him, raising her hands to hold his and to gently remove them from her shoulders. "I cannot keep him." She admitted after a while. She could not pay her cancelation fees for her contract, if she was somehow able to, she wouldn't have money to pay off her debt to her company and if she indeed managed to do that, she would have no way to maintain him. Economically, she was fed and clothed by her company, even when she was never received any payment, they made sure they did whatever they could to keep them well. And what that meant was sponsors, they had sponsors. They were sent to the most popular member and that was, without a doubt, Sun. Basically, Sun alone kept them fed and clothed after all those years.

She did not have a way of maintaining her child. She had no way of maintaining herself alone.

"I really can't." She repeated, taking his hands and placing them to his sides, avoiding his eyes. 

"Hailey." Kai called as she walked around him, towards the closed door of her room before he followed her. She opened the door and he laid his hand on it, softly pushing it closed. He knew what had gone through her mind. Money. Wasn't that what worried everyone these days? Unlike Kai, whose main worry, day after day, was to make peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter