014: Please

A Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on A Baby's Breath:

"SM Entertainment just responded to us..."

"They have confirmed EXO's Kai to be the father of NYX's Hailey's child." 

  Hailey coughed as she leaned over the toilet, her shaky hand reaching towards the lever before the toilet flushed. She fell back weakly and her head hit the hard tile of the bathroom wall behind her. The world seemed swirl around her, not caring about how it was making everything even harder for her which didn't surprise her at all. She heard the doorknob turning and she sighed, leaning back to appear asleep and hopefully be left alone. She was tired, so tired she wished she indeed could go to sleep, but not even exhaustion could have her go unconscious. Not wishing to be unaware of what was happening around her for a single second around her assailants. 

  After a minute, the door was closed again and she opened her eyes, looking around the familiar bathroom that now seemed to scare her. How could this place be so similar to her home with Kai and still have her feel so asphyxiated and constricted? She raised her hand to and closed her eyes, trying to remain calm for just a little more as she had been telling herself for the last week. A little more and she would be home with Kai. Stress was not good for their child and she was doing her best. She swore she was doing her best to remain calm and relaxed for his/her wellbeing, but she just couldn't anymore. She needed someone to save her, she needed Kai to save her and never let go again.

  Please, let me walk out of here alive. Let me live. I want to meet my baby and even if I die a second after seeing it, I will die happy. Just don't leave me here to die with my baby. Let my baby grow happy and healthy until it's ready to come out and for that, I need you to let me get out of this. Please.

  She had started praying in her head and didn't even notice, now finding herself hugging her knees to her chest as she tried her hardest to not start crying. She couldn't do it, that would be admitting defeat in her mind against her assailants and she would never do that. Instead, after a few minutes of mentally preparing, she stood up and walked over to the sink. She splashed water on her face and rinsed with the same as the only thing that the bathroom had available was a bar of soap and that was near it's end. Apparently, they didn't trust her and she didn't blame them, last thing she did was injure one of them with a beer bottle they had left on the table.

  For a little more, she needed to hold on and she would. Hopefully, someone would save her sooner than later and she prayed that it would be Kai, he was the first thing she wanted to see once she was free, if she ever was.

"Daddy!" Claire called enthusiastically, running over to her father and CEO of Bright Entertainment to hug him tightly. "Did you see me out there? I did really good, right?" She said, completely ignoring the fact that another three members had been on the stage with her and she only had eleven seconds out of the three minute and fifty-one seconds song. When the rest of the members caught up with her, they greeted the director and staff with a bow, slowly walking away before Sun frowned and turned around.

"Director." She called and both Claire and her father looked her way, blinking and waiting for her to talk. The view of her fellow member, Claire had to admit, was a scary one.

"What happened to your head?" She asked, being the tallest out of the members, she was the only one able to see the bandage that rested on the top of his head and slightly to the side, freshly stained red. The old man coughed softly and reached awkwardly for the top of his head, smiling brightly and reassuringly at the girls. "I hit my head with the office's broken lamp while walking in the dark. It fell on me. It's nothing to worry about." He assured once again, turning to his daughter who pouted and hugged him again. "My poor daddy!" She called in her annoying English that had Sun on the edge of murder time and time again.

That Cheon Song-Yi wannabe was killing everyone's soul.

The other three members continued to walk, waiting until they were out of earshot before Ahreum whispered something:

"He's lying." She said, remaining serious, but greeting a junior group as they greeted them with pitiful smiles on their lips. 

"I know." Sun responded, quickly finding their waiting room and upon entering, started throwing everyone out. 

"I threw the broken floor lamp away when the new furniture came over." Ahreum said, sitting in front of the makeup table to reach for a makeup wipe after taking off her fake eyelashes. "He also couldn't have walked in the dark because the lighting system is activated with movement." She said, holding the wipe over an eyelid for over thirty seconds before wiping the makeup off, folding the wipe and doing the same to the other eye. She looked at Ashley through the mirror, raising a straight eyebrow and turning around to look at her.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, making Sun turn around too and focus on Ashley, who found herself fiddling mindlessly with a piece of thread that hung from her sleeve. She was talkative when people outside of Bright Entertainment and NYX spoke to her, but besides those people? She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter