002: Alive

A Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on A Baby's Breath:

"I don't want to have this baby!"

"Kai, please, tell me that child is not yours..."

"Send a doctor to treat her wounds, but do not let her near the hospital. That means to send a bodyguard if necessary. Ah, also get me her phone number and her sister's, they are in the same group, shouldn't be hard."

"Why?"

"That's the mother of my child, the person we are talking about. Doesn't she deserve to be taken care of?"

  Kai closed his eyes, leaning his back against the door of the gentleman's bathroom inside SM Entertainment and took a deep breath. She was pregnant. He had gotten her pregnant. She was carrying a child, his child and she didn't want it. He had no reason to judge her; he was not the one pregnant, he was not the one that had to carry that child for nine months, eight now, if his count wasn't failing. Most of all, he wasn't the one that had to give birth to said child and truth to be told, why would she keep it? They held no connection except for the child itself, the fact they had and they grew comfortable with each other in one night by sharing secrets in a nearly drunken state.

  She also, he knew, had no economical means to raise it, but that was something he could easily fix. SM was close to a mental-breakdown with the member withdrawals and lawsuits from his group, so if he nicely asked for support, they would lend him a hand. They truly wouldn't risk losing Kai. Yet that wouldn't fix anything for Hailey. Money would not fix anything and he knew that. He also needed to have in mind that like him, she was an active idol. She had debuted...

  For 's sake, he didn't even knew when. What if he had gotten his a senior in the industry, pregnant? Or, a junior? They both sounded equally terrible in his mind. How old was she? Did she had any more siblings besides Ashley? What about her parents, were they alive? How would he explain to her parents that he had gotten their daughter pregnant after a few casual drinks? ...What if they were devoted Christians? 

  He moved forward, jerking his leg forward to knock a decorative vase over, followed by a punch to the wall and a smack, that only hurt him. He rested his forehead against the wall, allowing the cold to calm him down slowly as he thought. There were so many things he didn't know and he needed to know. He heard knocks on the door, hearing concerned whispers behind.

"Who's in there?"

"Kai."

"Kai! Are you okay?"

"Please, let me be." He yelled, loud enough to be heard by everyone, after a minute or so, he heard nothing else. He just stayed quiet, forehead against the cold wall while he thought. Soon the silence was interrupted and his phone chimed, signaling a new text message, and as he was waiting for Hailey's information from his manager, he took his phone out and looked at the screen. 

Kai, we've got her information and a doctor too. I will be going to her dorm with the doctor, have him check everything on her and the child. Is that what you want?

He sighed in relief, taking a step back from the wall and texting his manager back.

Yes, thank you, hyung. Please, send me her number and Ashley's.

I will. Kai?

Yes?

Want to come?

He looked up, seeing his reflection on the mirror before running out of the bathroom, towards the parking.

  Hailey had been helped up by her manager and carried out of her bedroom to the living room, where the other members of NYX sat impatiently for news. Ashley immediately moved, taking a seat besides her sister and leaning her head against her shoulder, holding a towel against her hands hard, stopping the bleeding after a minute. His manager called Sun over, having her help with the cleaning of the room before he received a call. He walked out to the livingroom, his phone to his ear while he listened to whatever was being said to him. During that time, Hailey's eyes moved over to Claire's phone, holding in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter