011: Bubble

A Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on A Baby's Breath:

"I want full noise marketing on this, gentlemen."

"Why are we doing this?"

"I need full information on this group, the upcoming song and especially, this Hailey child."

"Read and destroy."

  Hailey ran a hand through her sweaty hair, listening the ticking of the recording on the sound system as she moved again into position. She stood at the right corner, aligned with Ahreum, who stood at the center and Sun, who stood at the left corner while Claire and Ashley stood a step ahead from them, filling the spaces the ones at the back left. She held her microphone steadily with her left hand while dancing fluidly to the music. She looked over her shoulder at the mirror before fully turning and raising her microphone, she kept dancing still, listening to her own voice on the speakers since she couldn't do it on a real stage.

"1. 2." The trainer called, clapping along to the beat.

[Hailey] Oh
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
No, no, no

[Ahreum] Dalkomhan maltu naorago
Honja isseuryeoni simsimhadago
But I know geunyang nal ango
Sipdago oneulman gachi itjago
I know this is booty call 
Saebyeokbamman doemyeon naega geuripgo
Geureon maldeullo neon nareul nogigo
Tto dasi
I take this call

[Sun] Every time I feel your love and kiss, oh baby
[Ashley] Oneuri majimagiran saenggak
but geuge mamcheoreom doejiga anha
[Sun] Every time neoege tto neul geureoteut
[Ashley] Hangsang ni jeonhwae nan 
jakku mami yakhaejyeoga

[Hailey] Uri hamkke haetdeon nal
Useumyeo bonaetdeon nal
Ije modu da ijeosseo
Neoneun wae nareultto
Heundeureo boryeogo
Bamsae jeonhwaberi kkeunkijil anha
Oh no, no, no
Oh no, no, no

[Hailey] Oh
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
No, no, no
Oh
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
No, no, no

[Claire] Stop
Jongi ulligo
Iksukhan moksoriga deulligo
Jamgyeore migan jjipurigo
Ireona tto hansumeul swigo
[Ahreum] Isigan nan hangsang
should be Cinderella
Ppatteurin yurigudu ttaeme illaella 
uri gwangyeran gapareun gyedan
So I don’t know how to get down

[Sun] Every time I feel your love and kiss, oh baby
[Ashley] Neon geuraedo gwaenchanha
deo isang seulpeujido anha
[Sun] Every time neoege tto neul geureoteut
[Ashley] Uriui da jinan sarang 
meolli beorinji oraejanha

[Hailey] Uri hamkke haetdeon nal
Useumyeo bonaetdeon nal
Ije modu da ijeosseo
Neoneun wae nareultto
Heundeureo boryeogo
Bamsae jeonhwaberi kkeunkijil anha
Oh no, no, no
Oh no, no, no

[Ahreum] Kkeunkiji annneun jeonhwabel
I modeun sanghwangdeuri byeonhange
Neomudo sirchimaneun eojjeol su itgeseo 
eotteoke itgesseo ajikdo nune seonhande
No, I can’t leave without you
Gyesokhaeseo nal japgo heundeureojwo
I can’t leave without you
Yes, I can’t leave without you

[Hailey] Uri hamkke haetdeon nal
Useumyeo bonaetdeon nal
Ije modu da ijeosseo
Neoneun wae nareultto
Heundeureo boryeogo
Bamsae jeonhwaberi kkeunkijil anha
Oh no, no, no
Oh no, no, no

[Hailey & Sun] Uri hamkke haetdeon naldeul 
([Ahreum] Geu dongan uri hamkkehan naldeul)
[Hailey] Useumyeo bonaennaldeul 
([Ahreum] Ijen kkeutnaeyaji I gin tonghwareul)
[Hailey & Sun] Uriga jinaon naldeul 
([Ahreum] Gin sigan uri jinaon naldeul)
[Sun] Bamsae jeonhwaberi kkeunkijil anha 
([Hailey] Oh~)
Oh no, no, no 
([Hailey] Oh no~)
Oh no, no, no

[Hailey] Oh
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
No, no, no
Oh
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
Stu–tu–tu–tu–ru
No, no, no

"One more. Sun, try to control your breathing, I want to hear thirty percent singing and seventy percent your voice." Her trainer called, making her rise from her kneeling position and return to her position at the left corner. She started the dance again, her profile half-way seen in her reflection on the mirror. She moved along with the music, looking at the mirror only to keep her eyes on the members, watching if any made a mistake she could help fix. She raised the microphone again, taking a deep breath which burned and esophagus on it's way in from the dryness. She was almost surprised her voice did not falter, yet she made it so that didn't happen by forcing it out. The lack of water consumption and air conditioning in the practice room was killing all of the members, but they had grown accustomed to not complaining anymore.

"Hailey, your expression." She ignored the trainer, already feeling exhausted of the seemingly endless loop she had been for four hours now. She took a deep breath and just tried to keep in the level of uncomfortable and exhaustion she was under. Once again, after three minutes and fifty-one seconds, she had finished the song in her kneeling position in the center, her face looking towards the blank wall behind them. She was breathing heavily, trying to keep her posture straight even through the pain the heels were putting her through.

"Can we ing stop?" Claire yelled, clearly exhausted and annoyed by the endless practicing. She pushed herself up and walked towards the trainer, a murderous look in her eye as she pushed him back, using the hand she was using to hold the microphone to hit his chest with it. "We've been here for five ing hours and I'm exhausted, I have a date today and here I am, wasting my ing time just because Hailey decided to up and get pregnant. So hell no, I'm getting out of here and going to my damn date, thank you." She finished her tantrum, taking the trainer's hand and forcing him to take the microphone before subsequently storming out.

"Don't listen to her, she must be on her period..." Ahreum said, absentmindedly dancing the choreography while looking at her reflection in the mirror. She always had trouble with her expressions, seemingly emotionless through complete performances and even when just talking, she had a hard time expressing herself thoroughly and she was aware she was the main reason they were practicing so much.

"Let's just..." The trainer sighed and gestured with his hand towards the door, not in the mood for anymore drama for the day. Claire had over ten tantrums over the course of the four hours, having the practice coming to various unnecessary stops through the process of someone having to run out to get Claire. Clearly, she wasn't aware they would have finished much earlier if she had been a little more mature and less selfish. The trainer left first, leaving the remaining four members of NYX behind to clear up their little practice room and speak.

"Can I kill her?" Ahreum suddenly asked after removing her heels and placing them on the shoe rack by the door. "If I do, will someone help me hide the body?" Ahreum asked again, looking over at Sun and Ashley, who raised their hands.

"We volunteer." They said in sync, removing their own shoes and moving over to the shoe rack, still chatting on possible ways to kill Claire while Hailey packed up her things. Soon enough, there was a knock on the glass door and Hailey's name was called from behind it. Her new manager, Ms. Kang peeked in and smiled gently once Hailey came into view. She opened the door and made a gesture for Hailey to walk out of the practice room and she did, after greeting the members for the last time and pulling her bag over her shoulder.

Once they were out of the practice room and building, her manager began talking and briefing her in her schedule. "Today we will have your first visit with your OB-GYN and after that, we will get your stitches removed. You will be taken to your apartment and I will pick up Jongin's sister and niece, who will accompany you to both of the appointments. Also, Jongin asked for me to get you food and I did, it's waiting in the car and he was quite insistent on you finishing it. He said and I quote, 'if she doesn't finish, call me and I'll go there', was what he said." Kang finished, opening the door of the van for Hailey. Luxurious van and that she felt like it was a bit of an exaggeration, but according to Kang, SM had insisted.

Kang was lying, Kai had insisted vans were safer than cars and exchanged EXO-M's van for his own car since EXO-M's remaining members were now traveling in EXO-K's celebrity van and he wished for Hailey to have commodities. It was a win-win situation, really. Except for him not having his car anymore, perhaps.

It was worth it.

  Kai leaned back against the wall, raising a leg and pressing his foot behind the wall while his eyes looked at the camera. Slowly moving to give plenty of poses as the photographer relished in Kai's form and technique when posing. He had asked for some emotion in his eyes and really not much with the poses, but Kai gave him much to work with. He thought Kai would be exhausted since today EXO was getting back from tour, but he didn't know Kai hadn't been touring and had just been taking many photo shoots and solo low-key appearances at events for brands and such. Most of the time, he had spent it being a soon-to-be dad and of course, that was something no one knew.

"Great job, Kai. Give me a little bit more lighting, crew." The photographer called from behind the camera as he laid down on the floor, trying to catch a new angle of Kai and finding it perfectly as the lights hit Kai again. Kai his lips and pushed himself off the wall, taking a few steps forward to create a shadow behind him on the wall. He raised one hand, pulling it out of his pocket to his jacket while glaring at the camera.

"That's great." The flash reflected all over the studio, hitting Kai's tan skin and making it clear and pale just for the photo shoot. Kai glanced around for new poses, meeting eyes with his manager just as he turned around with Kai's phone to his ear. He covered his free head with the schedule he had been given earlier. Anxiously clearing his throat and coughing, hitting his chest with hand to get the attention of Mr. Noh.

"Are you okay, Kai?" The photographer asked, sitting up from his position on the floor and raising a hand for the lights to be lowered. His manager turned around and looked at Kai, talking into the phone and placing it away as he walked towards him, the phone resting on the shoulder as the manager led Kai to a private place.

"Is it Hailey?" Kai whispered, wanting to reach for the phone while his manager pretended to pat his back. The manager nodded and handed Kai his phone after, walking over to the crew after to ask for a rest for the idol. He also got Kai a bottle of water, using it to keep the act up of him feeling unwell, but still responsibly doing his schedules.

"Hello, Jongin?" He recognized his sister's voice and babbling at the background which obviously came from Rahee, then the familiar voice of the mother of his child, who was sweetly talking to Rahee. 

"A baby? Like me?" He managed to catch Rahee saying and small giggles from Hailey as she spoke with the child. 

"Perhaps smaller, Rahee, much smaller." He heard and smiled, getting actually annoyed when his sister asked if he was there.

"And the baby will look like uncle Jongin and aunt Haeri?"

"Well, probably. What if it comes out looking like Rahee instead?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter