Chapter Eight

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sure I hadn't dozed off very long when I jolted awake. Not long enough to dream, I know. 

The sound of fireworks going off further down the beach had made me realized I had even fallen asleep at all and I stood up, brushing the sand off myself and stumbled towards the direction of the hotel, hoping maybe Sehun was finished with his lady friend. I doubted it though I wasn't sure how long I'd napped so it was worth a try.

In my groggy state, I sauntered through the hotel lobby and back into the elevator. I pressed blindly at the buttons and slumped against the wall, eyelids drooping. When the elevator finally dinged, telling me to get off on my floor, I started and hurried out into the hall, coincidentally running into someone again. I looked up and realized it was the same girl. Unlike earlier, she wasn't so neat and cute anymore. Her mascara was smeared around her eyes, her hair ruffled, and if I wasn't so sleepy, I would've sworn her eyes were red and puffy but she looked down at her heels clutched in her hands and scuttled past me too fast to get a good look.

Sighing to myself, I trudged down the hall and knocked on the door. A few moments later, Sehun opened it, standing shirtless in the doorway. He looked surprised.

"Did you sit out here and wait for her to leave?" he asked, stepping aside to let me in.

I frowned, glancing up at him as I kicked my shoes off. "Why would I do that?" I yawned, heading towards the bedroom.

"I haven't called room service yet," he called out, stopping me. "Just—FYI."

I huffed and directed myself towards the couch. "Whatever, I'll just sleep out here." Grabbing a discarded sweater, not caring which one of us it belonged to, I curled up on the sofa and used it as covering before falling asleep.

 

A few days passed, uneventful as far as Sehun was concerned. He appeared to tone it down with the women at least in my vicinity. He still went out at night and stayed out for most of it and I kept up with my touring of the island. I started to relax more on the beach after the first week though, deciding I could shop back at home but I couldn't just sit on a beach for hours at my will.

I hoped maybe things would remain mundane until we headed back alas, nothing is ever simple. 

"I'm giving you a fair warning," he announced one morning, pouring himself a glass of orange juice. It was one of the very rare mornings that he was actually awake and joined me for breakfast on the balcony. I was a bit surprised but held back my curiosity.

I raised a brow, cutting my sausage into small bites. "Meaning?"

"Well I might feel the need to return with a friend tonight and the last time seemed to piss you off pretty bad so I figured you might just want to stay out instead of yapping in my ear like a squeaky little chiuahuah."

Rolling my eyes, I stuffed a pancake in my mouth. "You're so considerate," I grumbled. 

He grinned. "I try, I try."

After breakfast, we both parted ways, him leaving a few minutes before me. Like always, we never bothered telling the other where we went but this was the first day I found myself at a loss of what to do and slightly wishing he bothered with me more than a warning of his ual schedule. I wasn't like him; I couldn't walk into a bar and make friends or more with the nearest person. I had never really socialized as a kid, preferring to run home as soon as school ended to help my dad in the factory or my mom cook. 

So that day, I decided another visit to beach was in order and I was attempt to call my parents and update them and maybe waste time away. My mother was delighted to hear from me to say the least. She had told me to enjoy my time and just catch up when we returned but she was bursting at the seams when she answered the phone.

"Did you go sight seeing?" she asked. "Or go shopping? Are you getting tan? What about a spa day?"

I snickered quietly to myself, watching the waves rolling in. "I've done a lot, to say the least," I told her. "Though, a spa day is one that I haven't. I may have to check that out."

"You should!" she encouraged. "Get a mani-pedi, a massage, a facial, the whole shabang! I'm sure the Ohs would barely notice the charge on their card." 

"You're telling me." I scoffed. "I'd hate to see the bills after Sehun leaves the bars in the early mornings."

My mother went quiet suddenly. "That bad?"

I brushed my hair out of my eyes and sighed. "I wouldn't know if it was bad or not. We don't even greet each other in passing when the rare ocassion happens. This morning was the first time we even ate a meal together but we still only exchanged about ten sentences at the most."

"You sound a little put out, no?" Mom asked, urging me to talk about it. Since I was a little girl, she had been my mom, my sidekick, my best friend, the only person I was close to besides my father. I could go to her for anything. I couldn't fool her for the life of me so there was no use in lying.

"I just wish..." I trailed off. A few kids ran down the beach, kicking a soccer ball. I the edges of my book as I tried to find the right words. "I'm just disapppointed, I guess? I don't know. I didn't expect much out of this besides the company. I knew what I was signing up for and who I was marrying from day one. He's a jackass, plain and simple. He was partying and screwing every girl in sight before and he's still doing it now and I never expected him to stop or slow down just because he wears a ring now but... I guess—I think I'm just a little homesick, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter