Chapter Five

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trip to the court house was nothing less than nerve wrecking. The whole ride over was spent reading a very specifically worded script, Manager Kim telling me to memorize it as best I could before we arrived. 

Once we were inside the building, I discovered Lawyer Kim, who Manager Kim addressed as Jongdae, was waiting for us. The next hour was spent discussing the lawsuit my name was about to go on. While I was the one filing it, after doing so, Lawyer Kim would be handling all of the court dates and things that came with it. Afterwards, when I asked why I even had to attend this meeting with him, he patted me on the shoulder and reminded me that keeping up appearances meant everything. 

The pushy press was worse than anything I had experienced. As soon as Manager Kim opened the door for me, they were scratching, yelling, clawing, biting at me with their cameras and mics, wanting every detail.

"Uhhh—" I froze, suddenly forgetting everything I'd read in the script. Manager Kim nudged me silently with his elbow. "I, uh," I cleared my throat and tried to smile politely despite the chaos. "As y-you all know, Celebrity Handle has, uh, been quite the source for all of my h-husband's goingson thanks to their top notch journalist known by her penname Minka. However, today is the beginning of all of that ending. Sehun and I do not appreciate the nonsense that she has spread and have therefore filed a lawsuit to seek compensation and the termination of her job. As of today, Kang Suelgi will no longer make a fool out of my husband and I. Thank you."

I knew I hadn't said anything exactly as it was scripted and I wasn't even sure I had covered everything but the buzzing in my ears was too distracting to try and figure it out. Apparently it was enough because Manager Kim placed a hand on my back and guided me to the car in wait while the press pushed and cried for more information from me. Pushing me inside the car, Manager Kim was quick to slam the door in their faces.

I breathed out a loud sigh of relief, relaxing into the lather seats. "That was . . . insane."

Manager Kim laughed. "You'll get used to it."

"Will I?" I titled my head to look at him. He nodded with a reassuring smile, returning to his tablet to check the schedule.

 

The driver dropped me off in front of mine and Sehun's apartment complex before speeding off to another schedule. The neighborhood around the complex was much more quiet than the courthouse and I appreciated the nonplussed look the security guard gave me as I entered the building and stepped into the elevator. 

I was surprised to find a discarded pair of Vans by the door when I entered a few minutes later. I paused just inside the apartment, coat halfway off my shoulders, and listened for any sign of life. It was a moment before there was a clink of dishes and a sharp curse. With a resilient sigh, I slipped my shoes off, hung my coat, and started towards the kitchen.

Sehun looked more tired than I'd ever seen him when he turned away from the coffee pot, holding a soggy coffee filter and a scowl resting on his handsome face. He stopped short when he saw me in the doorway, rolled his eyes, and dumped the filter in the sink.

"Need some help?" I asked, setting my phone on the island bar and entering the kitchen.

" you," Sehun muttered, grabbing a full mug of coffee and taking a swig from it. He gagged and spat it into the sink. Dumping the mug and all in after, he the faucest and leant over to splash some of the water into his mouth. I watched in awe, never having seen such a side to the great Oh Sehun. I hadn't realized I was grinning smugly to myself until he straightened up and flashed a glare at me. I sighed as he turned away, going into the living room. How could someone so attractive and blessed to the nines be such a snob? If this marriage were legit and not out of money and fortune purposes, I knew I would've rather been doing something else with him than passing glares and curse words back and forth.

When the tv hummed to life in the other room, I blinked back to life and went to find lunch. Half an hour later, I joined Sehun in the living room with my salad. Since my things hadn't actually been returned to their places in the bedroom and instead been piled haphazardly into the armchair in the corner, I had no choice but sit next to the disgruntled blonde on the couch. He didn't acknowledge my presence but instead continued to click angrily through the channels seemingly without any interest in watching television at all.

"I made enough for two if you're hungry," I muttered around a mouthful of lettuce. Sehun stopped on a news channel and huffed loudly. "You know we're leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, right?" The only response was my loud chewing. "You know your mom was pissed this mornin—"

"There it is," said Sehun, looking at the Rolex on his wrist. "Took you about twenty minutes longer than I thought it would but."

I frowned, swallowing my food and accidentally flinging ranch dressing onto my pants. "What are you talking about?"

Sehun looked across at me, smug. "I knew you were going to scold me as soon as I came home."

I scowled. "I was only stating a fact. Your mother wasn't happy that your stubborn couldn't keep it in your pants for one night. I don't give two s what you were up to unless it jeopardizes Park Bottling Company's future."

"And me being with another women on our wedding night didn't?" he asked, eyebrow raised and chin propped on his hand.

"Kinda." I shrugged. "I just filed a lawsuit against Kang Seulgi for threatening to release exclusive photos of you from last night. According to your conniving mother, we won't be hearing from her again any time soon."

Sehun stared at me for several moments in silence like he hadn't heard me. I returned to my salad and he returned to his television as if our conversation hadn't happened and before I could come up with another topic to discuss, he was snoring with his head hanging off the arm of the couch. No wonder he needed coffee.

By the time he woke up later that evening, I had already dragged out my suitcases and was picking clothes t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter