Chapter Nine

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited for 2 hours. I played games on my phone until the battery ran out and then I ended up dozing off. A few bellhops passed by and asked if I was locked out of my room. Humilated, I had to brush them off with a lame excuse and resume my waiting.

A part of me wanted to burst the door down and demand him to get it over with already but I was already too embarrassed to willingly make a fool out of myself for the billionth time that night so I forced myself to wait it out. When the waiting finally came to an end, I was woken up by the room door opening in front of me.

Sehun looked confused, staring down at me. I recoiled at the light when I opened my eyes, forgetting where I was for a moment. Then I stretched, my legs numb from sitting so long in one position, and looked up at Sehun.

"Took you long enough," I grumbled, helping myself up off the floor, my joints aching. "What time is it?"

Sehun still looked befuddled. He glanced around the hall. "How long have you been sitting out here?" he asked. "It's nearly eleven."

Still squinting, I paused for a moment. "A couple hours. I ran out of things to do and my phone died. I figured knocking on the door and asking if you were done yet was a bit too weird." Pushing past him into the room, I groggily headed towards the bedroom, set on taking a nice hot shower until my skin boiled.

"My mom called," he stated. I halted at the bedroom doors, turning back around.

I blinked sleepily at him. "And?" 

He crossed his arms and tucked his hands under them, eyebrows drawn together. "She's a little pissed we've not updated the world on our honeymoon, says everyone is asking where photos are and everything." He sounded a little irritated and I snorted.

"Did you tell her that I was off in a bar, getting hit on by creepy frat guys, and you were getting cozy with some brunette in our suite? I'd say that's a good excuse for not giving any updates on our super romantic honeymoon getaway," I laughed. He was bemused and a muscle flexed in his cheek. "What?"

"Are you drunk?" he asked abruptly.

Straightening up, the smile melted off my face and I furrowed my own brows at him. "Do I look drunk to you?" 

He shrugged, annoyed. "You're acting pretty weird, yeah," he accused.

"Weird?" I echoed. "I'm tired, Sehun. I've just spent two hours waiting for you to get rid of your friend so I could use my own honeymoon suite and maybe take a shower and get some food."

"Well no one told you to wait out there for two hours!" He unfolded his arms and waved them in the general vicinity of the door.

Appalled, I gaped at him, taking a step away from the bedroom. "What was I supposed to do? Join you guys? Grab some snacks and watch?"

He already had his lips parted to retort but suddenly clamped them shut and flickered his eyes elsewhere. Looking tired now as well, he scratched at his temple. "Just . . . whatever," he mumbled, sauntering over to sofa and dropping onto it. 

"Just what?" I urged, walking over. He fished the decorative pillows for the TV remote as if I wasn't there. Glancing to the side, I noticed the room service trays of food on the coffee table. I looked back to him as he looked around me at the TV, now on, and ignored my presence. Then I finally noticed the dampness of his hair and the pair of pajama pants and t-shirt he wore that I normally saw folded atop one of his suitcases in the bedroom. I realized that when he'd opened the room door minutes before, I hadn't seen the brunette leaving. He was alone. Sehun continued to flip through the channels as I looked up, peering through the bedroom doors at the perfectly made bed. There was no way he'd been able to get a girl out and room service in with me sleeping right outside the door, waking up at the elevator dinging every few minutes.

"Sehun," I said, stepping to the side to block his view. He leaned around, ignoring me. "Sehun, how long has your friend been gone?" He sprawled out as if I weren't there, resting his chin on his hand. "Did I sit out there for 2 hours for nothing?"

He continued to play deaf, zooming through cartoon channels.

"Oh Sehun—"

"It was a quickie," he snapped, eyes trained on the TV. "Now move, you're blocking the screen."

Unmoving, I closed my eyes and tried to contain the rage bubbling through. I wanted to snatch the TV remote from his hand and beat him to a pulp with it for making me wait hours when the girl had been gone the whole time. 

"Move," he mumbled childishly. Still not even sparing me a glance, he stuck a leg out and pushed me to the side with his foot. I stared at him, straight faced, wondering if beating him to death would be worth the prison sentence. 

In the end, I kept silent and went to take a long, hot bath. With the complimentary candles and bath salts, I locked myself into the steam-filled bathroom for the next hour. After sitting on the floor for two hours, my legs were stiff and aching along with my , and the steaming hot water was a relief. I nearly drifted off to sleep again before the water eventually started to get cold and I forced myself to get out instead of run more water.

As I was toweling off, I could hear Sehun knocking about in the bedroom and I paused to make sure the bathroom door was firmly shut and locked. When I turned back around, I noticed his cosmetics bag sitting on the counter. I shook my head and forced my curiousity back down, grabbing my pajamas and pulling them on.

I continued on to brushing my teeth and moisturizing, all the while eyeing the bag and repeating the same question over in my head until I couldn't stand it anymore an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter