Chapter Seven

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent the majority of our first day in Hawaii trying to decide what exactly I wanted to do. Back home, I hadn't the time to search the Internet for what was fun to do or what places were most beautiful so I was pretty much blindsided by all of the brochures and street handlers trying to hound me into paying money for this, that, and the other.

I ended up spending more time reading through brochures and asking locals what was best to do that wasn't actually a tourist destination. By the time evening came, I had barely done anything actually productive besides eat delicious food and way too much of it at that. After finishing up an early dinner, I decided to walk the few blocks back to the hotel and get my bathing suit. I was still a bit jet lagged and stiff from the way I'd slept and figured relaxing in either one of the hotel pools or a quiet part of beach would be a good way to wind down before turning in early.

The initial crowd that I had unexpectedly came upon that morning when I'd left through the lobby had now dispersed and only a few employees and people resting on the sofas there lingered. The lady at the front desk smiled brightly at me as I passed.

"Were your honeymoon treats delivered this morning?" she asked.

I nodded, recalling the boxed chocolates and fine wine that had come just before I'd left Sehun to his showering. I thanked her before heading over to the elevators located by the class doored entrance to the hotal bar and restuarant. I made to press the button and did a double take when I caught sight of a familiar head of blonde hair standing by the bar. Guess he got the same idea to turn in early, or at least be in the hotel. I watched him mingle with a few people, guys and girls, while I waited for the elevator. He's English skills must've been much better than I'd initally assumed because he was chatting away with two brunettes and some obvious football fan who looked like he'd had way too much to drink. One of the girls cheered and urged him to take a shot, which he did, just as the elevator opened.

A bellhop nodded at me politely as he left the box, the doors starting to close behind him. I hurried in, pressing our floor button. Just before the doors slid shut, I caught sight of the very open one of the girls gave Sehun's , her eyes hooded and nothing near pure. I shook my head, trying to get the images out of my head before they got way off base. What he did in his free time was nothing to me. 

The room had apparently been visited by room service while we had been out. The bed was remade, towels restocked, and the likes. Smothering a yawn, I went over to the chest and dug out one of the few bathing suits I'd brought. I was pretty relieved to discover Sehun hadn't appeared to had touched any of my things such as moving them to the living room or back into my suitcases. 

From force of habit, I went into the bathroom to change, even though Sehun probably wasn't about to be walking in any time soon from the looks of things downstairs. Both of our cosmetics bags still sat on the bathroom counter, my makeup spread out all over the place due to my haste that morning, and his cologne and aftershave sitting in the midst of it all. Curious, I reached out and grabbed the cologne bottle. It wasn't a brand I recognized although it could've easily been some high fashion line's or something of the sorts. I uncapped it, lifting the half empty bottle to my nose.

The sound of the suite door opening and slamming shut caused me to flinch and nearly drop the bottle, the cap flying from my clenched fist. It went rolling behind the toilet while I stumbled after it, Sehun's footsteps sounding through the room.

"," I hissed, going after the cap, glancing at the bathroom door over my shoulder. I grabbed the tiny cold piece and hurriedly returned to my feet. I frantically tried to remember where exactly the bottle had been sitting while trying to recap the bottle only to drop the cap back onto the counter. It glanced off the faucet and flew into Sehun's cosmetic bag. I reached out for it just as Sehun's loud footfalls entered the bedroom.

I squeaked quietly, digging through the small bag furiously, causing myself to drop it. Gaping, I froze as a pile of condoms spilled out into the floor. Nearly screaming, I gathered them in my hands and threw them under the sink, grabbed the cosmetic bag, threw his cologne into it and rounded on the door just as Sehun threw it open.

"Oh," he said.

Holding his bag behind my back, I exhaled shortly. "Hi."

Oblivious, he sat back on his heels. "I didn't realize you were back."

"Y-yeah." I gulped as he stared at me. Knowing my cheeks were flaming red and he was about to notice it, I spoke before he could. "I just came back to change. I-I'm going to go for a swim. Yeah."

"Ah, yeah, me too," he said, turning his back and going over to the chest. "A few frat guys on break are having a party down on the beach." I listened half heartedly, still hiding his bag. 

"Great. Have fun. I'll change in here," I said hastily, slamming the door before he could say further more. Locking the door, I slouched against it, breathing a sigh of relief. I paused, wondering what he had even said. Something about a party? Wasn't that what he was doing downstairs? Making a face, I crouched down beside the sink and opened the cabinet to the dozen or so condoms thrown haphazardly inside there. Who was he planning on screwing? An entire cheerleading team? He'd probably already done that in his high school days, to be honest. I started to load them back inside his bag, a little disgusted and embarrassed I'd just so happened to stumble upon them all. 

It didn't dawn on me until I was placing the bag back on the counter and pulling off my sundress to change that whether we'd made a deal or not, he was planning on sleeping with as many women as he pleased while here. Unless he assumed we would be doing anything involving condoms. I halted, holding my bathing suit top in my hand, and let that thought play for a moment. Then I shuddered. No. No, no. He'd made it perfectly clear he wanted nothing from me any how. 

Before I could give any more thoughts towards his stash of condoms, I dressed quickly and left the room, Sehun already off to his party.

 

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter