Chapter Two

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember the first time I saw a headline about Oh Sehun, it was his first ever scandal. I was around 15 and so high on teenage hormones that I thought he was the . With his broad shoulders and straight nose and lucious dark hair, he definitely was. I was too naïve to realize he actually was and not the good kind.

Apparently, the then High School Senior heir had been caught smoking in the boys' locker room at whatever prestigous academy he went to. It had caused a big uproar but of course he only went home with a slap on the wrist.

Fast forward a few years and I had passed through hot celebrity after hot chaebol after Justin Bieber and I had finally just started reading the gossip magazines to pass the time during my lunch breaks at the factory. Oh Sehun had upgraded from smoking in the boys' room to having "photoshopped" pictures of him at strip clubs clouding the Internet. His articles amused me the most and were sometimes the only reasons I touched magazines. He just got more scandalous as the days went on and I couldn't help but thrive on his downfall, though it never came. He always got out of it by excuses or sued his predator away.

Today, I was one of those downfall prevention schemes. Ever since I had signed the contract, the headlines had went from scandalous to celebratory. The Tuesday morning the announcement had been made about Sehun's new relationship status, Minka from Celebrity Handle had gave the go ahead for the photos she'd withheld to be released. Sadly, Lawyer Kim and Manager Kim had been well prepared and the article on his ness hit the Internet just a moment too soon. Inspite of the engagment, the article had been removed and declared uninteresting now that Oh Sehun was apparently getting married. From the looks of the two men's conniving grins when they informed Mrs. Choi of their success, I suspected there was more to it than just uninterest but let it go. They were getting the reception they had wanted. It wasn't immediate, of course, and there were still many news outlets trying to break through the wedding exterior and out the continuing promiscuity of Oh Sehun, but Mrs. Choi had informed us that their stocks were rising once again due to the engagement announcement and therefore everything was going according to plan. 

Still, even as I sat across the room from Sehun a few days after our official engagement, with only a coffee table seperating the two of us, I was still 100% sure his best headline was his graduation day scandal. The video was long gone from the Internet, the filmer (a very close friend of Sehun's) arrested on charges of ography and several others, but I still remembered the girls in my school running around with the downloaded version of the video on their phones, whispering in hushed tones about how y he was and how everyone makes mistakes and he's young and will grow out of it. I wasn't quite sure that justified him going at it with two obviously older women at some graduation party and letting someone film it (and being very much aware of it), but I let the girls go. You couldn't fix stupid.

I had shamelessly watched the video over a girl's shoulder in the hallway that day though and I couldn't look him straight in the face the whole first meeting without grinning to myself or turning pink. I wasn't embarrassed, I was smug. He looked pissed as hell to be sitting there silently as Manager Kim went over our now very busy schedule. Whenever he tried to speak up, his mother would shush him or talk over him. Sehun was so angry that he didn't look at me once. I had thought I would've been the stoic one on that day but I very entertained by my husband-to-be.

"President Oh had requested a press meeting at the company tomorrow on behalf of the engagment. Both of you are to be present—" A very stern eye was directed at Sehun who was slumped into the cushions of the couch. "—and since this will be your very first appearance as a couple and Miss Park's first time in such a situation as so, you'll have scripts to follow to ensure proper conduct. The public already doubt the sincerity behind this and will look for any reason to push their doubts further, hence the two of you are to be as loving and caring towards each other as a couple in love should be." Manager Kim handed over scripts to each of us before continuing on. "There is to be no glaring, no biting comments, no sarcasm, no frowning, no swearing, no deviating from the script, Sehun, and you are to be holding hands whenever possible."

Sehun rolled his eyes as mine flicked towards his hands that was slightly crumpling the script. "I'm not calling her yeobo in public," he hissed, dropping his hands to his lap and glaring at the other man.

Manager Kim looked undeterred. "Do remember what your refusal to cooperate entails, Sir."

Sehun snorted. "I'm still the only heir to Opal, Minseok," he remarked, getting off the couch. "Threaten me all you want but no matter how I act, I'm still Oh Sehun and whether I act orderly or not during tomorrow's press conference, you all still need me." With finality, he threw the script down, now crumpled, and sauntered out of the room. The front door slammed a few moments later.

I turned to Manager Kim. "Does 'playfully' hitting Sehun count as deviation from the script or is it acceptable?" I asked. He smirked.

 

Despite all the tension, the press conference went fairly well.  Manager Kim had been smart enough to write the script in such a way that I talked enough to get the point across and Mr. Oh covered everything, leaving Sehun without much room to nod and agree. 

It was a whole new world for me though. The morning had began extremely early as Manager Kim arrived at the apartment my family had been temporarily welcomed into, behind him were 3 women looking ready for blood. The tall thin one with red hair was a hairdresser and went to work immediately while the petite one with rainbow hair started painting my nails. The other girl was average height but her beauty was no joke. Her makeup was perfect and she was there to do the same to my face.

My father had already returned to Yongin to tend to the factory so my mother was the only one there to give me a pep talk while I dressed in the elegant dark red dress Manager Kim had brought along. According to him, there were plenty more where that came from thanks to Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter